41 Days

Infinitize

Word Count: 970

 

Woohyun groaned, ruffling his hair in frustration. He had been trying to find the link to the correct building for the past 10 minutes, with no luck. He was sure it was here somewhere, he just couldn’t remember where. He was about to take a turn into one of the corridors when he heard it; a soft voice that could barely be heard against the piano accompaniment. He paused, trying to see where the music was coming from.

Following the voice, he reached what seemed like a music room. He peeped in through the glass panel on the door, spotting a mob of caramel-hair, face half-hidden as he stared at the side profile of the male. The hands flew gracefully along the keys, and Woohyun could immediately tell he was experienced. Not to mention his voice sounds like honey. He leaned against the door, listening appreciatively to the perfect sounds.

A loud ringtone cut in sharply, making Woohyun jump in shock. He realised it was his phone, and he ran around the corner when the music from the room stopped. Pulling out his phone and answering in an attempt to stop the ringtone, he peeked out from the corner to see the boy step out of the room with a frown on his face. The boy whipped his head left and right, glancing down the corridors, allowing Woohyun to catch a glimpse of his face. He in a breath, feeling his heart skip a beat; the caramel-haired boy was definitely attractive. Coupled with that honeyed voice, Woohyun might have just met an angel.

 

“Hello? HELLO, NAM!” A loud voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

“What?” He snapped, half whispering for fear that the boy would hear him.

“Why the are you whispering? And where the are you, dude. Class starts in five.” Woohyun eyes widened, phone leaving his ear to glance at the time.

“Oh .”

“That’s right, Nam. Oh is what you’ll be saying if you don’t get your here in five.”

He rolled his eyes at the crude language, breaking into a half run. “Hoya.” He warned.

“Alright, alright! Just get here, hyung. I’m not covering up for you.” Hoya hung up, and Woohyun immediately broke into a full run.

 

First day of school and he was going to be late. Oh, what a great start to the school year that would be.

 

Woohyun found himself going back to that room almost every morning, hoping to catch a glimpse of the caramel-haired boy that had took away his breath the first time he saw him. Today was no exception, as Woohyun leaned against the door, closing his eyes as he let the melodious voice fill his head. He had found out that the boy came into the room an hour before school started, though the days weren’t fixed. Sometimes he would leave, 5 minutes before class started, disappointed that there was no soothing music and voice for him to enjoy today. Other times, he would scramble away, breaking into a full run when he hears the unmistaken sound of the piano cover closing, and the footsteps towards the door. He didn’t know why he was running away, ignoring Hoya’s weird looks when he steps into the class, perspiring like he just ran a marathon. He would unknowingly smile when he heard the songs that the boy would sometimes sing in the room, reminded of his honey voice. He would also find himself humming tunes that he had heard so many times from the room, but he didn’t know which songs they belonged to.

 

It isn’t until 41 days later, that he finds out the boy’s name.

 

He had been crossing the Music faculty to his faculty, which was a shortcut from the school gate. From afar, he had spotted that familiar mob of caramel-coloured hair coming closer to him and felt his heart quicken. He continued walking, trying to keep a straight face. That angelic face came into view, but that wasn’t what Woohyun was focused on. He was focused on the arm that was around the angel’s waist, and his eyes snapped up to the boy walking alongside him. Both boys were laughing at something, and Woohyun quickly averted his gaze elsewhere when he caught the other's eyes.

Sunggyu-sunbae~” Woohyun caught the mocking tone.

“Oh shut up, Dongwoo.” The angel –Sunggyu- smacked the other boy’s –Dongwoo- arm playfully.

Woohyun’s heart fell. The angel has a boyfriend already? He felt himself pout, oh what the hell. What am I upset about? We don’t even know each other.

 

He felt his heart quicken, as he locked eyes with the stranger. A very attractive one.

“You’re red as a tomato, hyung.” The male beside him had an amused smile on his face, as they walked to class.

“I’m not!” He protested.

“Oh come on, just admit it. The hottie that just walked past caught your attention, didn’t he?”

Sunggyu felt his cheeks heat up even more, as his best friend let out a hearty laugh beside him. Not to mention he was pouting so cutely.

“You probably fell even more when he was pouting.” Sunggyu gasped, turning in horror to face his best friend.

“Shut up, Dongwoo!”

“He’s totally your type.” Dongwoo grinned knowingly at the embarrassed male.

“I doubt he’s even interested in guys.” Sunggyu tried not to let the disappointment show in his tone.

Dongwoo shrugged. “They always say the good ones are either gay or taken.” He winked, Sunggyu rolling his eyes in response. He shut the other up, by teasing him about the new freshman that had caught his best friend’s eye. Walking to class with a smug grin from successfully making Dongwoo back off, he only had one thought on his mind.

He’s probably taken, not gay.

A/N: As promised! Exams are over for me, and I have a short 2 weeks break before I start school again, so I'll be updating more often! Hope you guys liked this short chapter, I'll be back soon! ^^

Edit: OMG, I forgot to tick the draft box when I was checking through this, so please refresh to get the latest version as I corrected some errors!