Only Tears

Infinitize

Word count: 650

 

~

Sunggyu woke when he felt cold air hit his bare upper body. He groaned inwardly, turning on his side to avoid the sunlight that was now drifting into the room. Someone had pulled back the curtains. Wait, someone had pulled back the curtains? He sat up abruptly, willing his swollen eyes to open.

 

“Hyu-” He stopped midway, his hoarse voice sounded even worse than he had thought it would be. When did he fall asleep?

 

“Get up, Gyu. I’m not sitting around and letting you mope anymore.” However comforting his best friend’s voice sounded, it wasn’t the same. It was never the same anymore.

 

He let his body fall back tiredly onto his bed, closing his eyes and wishing that his best friend would stop bothering him once he sees that Sunggyu had no intention of getting up at all.

 

“It’s not the end of the world, Gyu!” Dongwoo threw his hands up in exasperation, an emotion rarely seen from probably the happiest guy in the world.

 

“Go away, Dongwoo. I’m tired.” Sunggyu protested weakly, feeling a migraine building up in the back of his head.

 

“NO!” Sunggyu flinched, Dongwoo rarely shouted at him. Or never at all. “You get your up this instant and pack your things. We are getting out of this hole.”

 

Sunggyu didn’t reply, but tried to pull the blanket around his body once more. He felt Dongwoo grip his arm, reluctantly sitting up when the other tugged insistently at his arm. He pinched his nose bridge, feeling the pain in his head increase tenfold. Dongwoo, who didn’t seem like he would give up anytime soon, continued pulling onto the elder until Sunggyu stood up wobbly. He let the younger drag him around blindly, until his body was pushed onto what seemed like a chair. He forced his eyes open and scanned around him tiredly, Dongwoo had sat Sunggyu down at the kitchen counter, and he was now rummaging through the fridge.

 

An audible sigh escaped Dongwoo’s lips. “How long have you not eaten? Most of the things in here are expired!”

 

He shrugged slightly, but Dongwoo caught it nonetheless. Hell, he didn’t even remember when was the last time he ate.

 

The other took out his phone, tapping away. “I’m calling Hoya over with some groceries. In the meantime, go pack all your belongings.”

 

Sunggyu stared at the other like he was insane. “What… What are you talking about?”

 

“You need to leave this place, Sunggyu. The apartment belongs to him.” Sunggyu stiffened, realising what the other was talking about now.

 

The apartment belongs to him. It belongs to Nam Woohyun. The same Nam Woohyun who had left him without any proper reason. The same Nam Woohyun who had left him crying every single night since a month ago.

 

He felt the tears on his cheeks before his mind registered what was happening. Dongwoo looked at him, a mixture of guilt and pain in his eyes. The younger wrapped his arms around Sunggyu without another word, hands rubbing along his back soothingly. He just wished it was a certain someone’s hands comforting him instead.

 

 

The door clicked open, the only sound along the corridor in the middle of the night. Woohyun took a deep breath, then pushed the door and took a single step into the house. He breathed out slowly, staring at the dark and empty house. Switching on the hall light, he realised he wasn’t prepared to see this at all. Everything looked the same, all the furniture was in place, even the photo frames placed beside the TV were still there.

 

Yet somehow, everything was wrong with the place. He padded across the house and entered the bedroom. What he saw confirmed his worst fears, even though he had already knew about it. He sunk down, leaning against the wardrobe as he let the tears he had held back for so long stream down his face.

 

Sunggyu had packed up and left the house. And he had no one else to blame but himself.

 

 

A/N: Decided I couldn't just leave it at that since it was too short to even explain anything, so here you go! Hope this is clearer and if you didn't manage to catch it, events in this chapter happened before the first chapter. I am also going to update the foreword with regards to this story so please read it! Thank you~