Heartthrob

Infinitize

Word Count: 988

 

"Hello?" He kept his voice polite, despite frowning at the unknown number he had seen seconds ago before picking up.

"Sunggyu." He froze at the familiar voice. How did he know my number? He heard a chuckle on the other side when he didn't reply.

"Party. Saturday. My house. Bring your friends. See you there." He was sure the boy on the other end of the line was still grinning widely.

Before Sunggyu could reply, he heard a click, signalling the end of the call. His mouth dropped. Did he just hang up on me?!

 

“Who was that?” The shorter boy standing next to him asked.

“Nam Woohyun.”

“NAM WOOHYUN!? You mean THE Nam Woohyun from freshmmmmfffffff-”

“Shhhhhh!” Sunggyu’s hand immediately moved to the other’s mouth, preventing him from saying shouting anything else. “Dongwoo! Stop shouting!”

He made sure Dongwoo nodded before removing his hand. Dongwoo looked at him expectantly.

Sunggyu groaned. He’ll never hear the end of this. “He’s having a party at his house on Saturday. And no, we are NOT going.”

“Oh come on, hyungggggggggg~”

“NO.”

 

Sunggyu opened the door, wondering who the hell would be ringing his doorbell so incessantly on a Saturday. The moment he saw Dongwoo’s grinning face, he knew he was going to regret ever mentioning a certain someone’s name and a certain party.

He knew he should have said something when Dongwoo convinced him to let Sungjong, Dongwoo’s  (apparently) very fashionable cousin, pick out clothes for him to wear to the party. How would a kid 4 years younger than him have better fashion sense? (Dongwoo had also not so subtly insulted his fashion, and he WILL take revenge for that.)

He also knew he should have said something when that kid picked out a pair of jeans that he could barely fit into and a black button up shirt that could barely cover anything (except maybe luckily, his front). Dongwoo had said he was lucky that Sungjong had given him a blazer to cover up the areas exposed by the shirt, and looking at what Dongwoo was wearing, Sunggyu couldn’t disagree. Not to mention he looked different (in a good way) after Sungjong insisted on painting his face and styling his hair. (But the way Sungjong had eyed him up and down like he was some kind of thing made him swallow his thanks).

 

But all the confidence he had, however slight, slowly disappeared as he stood in front of the door with Dongwoo beside him, waiting for what seemed like eternity. He almost turned away to leave before the door finally opened, with a sheepish looking Woohyun behind it.

 

“Sorry, music’s too loud inside.” Woohyun apologised, quickly grinning when he realised who was at the door. “You made it, Sunggyu.

There it was again, the way the other said his name. Sunggyu swear the boy was almost mocking him with that tone of his but he brushed it aside.

“Nam, get your ing back here!” Sunggyu raised his eyebrow at the almost-nickname, while Woohyun quickly ushered them inside and closed the door behind him.

“Quit calling me that, Lee Howon.” Woohyun pulled the boy who had spoken into a headlock. “I’m still your hyung, where’s the respect?”

Despite his warning tone, Woohyun was grinning. The boy called Howon scoffed, twisting out of Woohyun’s grasp before turning to the two new guests.

“I’m Howon, but just call me Hoya. You must be Sunggyu.” Hoya smirked.

Sunggyu frowned slightly, opening his mouth to reply but Hoya had already turned to face Dongwoo.

“Hey Dongwoo. Can I get you a drink?” The smirk was immediately wiped off from Hoya’s face, and a smile was in place instead.

“ off, Hoya. Stop flirting.” Woohyun pushed him slightly, rolling his eyes.

“I’m being polite, hyung. You, on the other hand, need to watch your language. Don’t want to scare him off, do you?” Sunggyu didn’t miss the wink that Hoya sent to Woohyun. “Now, if you’ll excuse us, we’ll just go and get a drink.”

Sunggyu stood there awkwardly, watching Hoya drag the ever-smiling Dongwoo away. He made a mental note to ask Dongwoo how he knew Lee Howon, only the second most popular freshman in their school (after Woohyun, of course).

 

“Uh…”

“Nice outfit, Sunggyu.” He frowned, is he mocking me? “Are you out to seduce someone today?” He coughed, trying to hide his blush.

 

Woohyun cocked an eyebrow, lifting the jacket slightly to the side, exposing Sunggyu’s bare sides. Sunggyu instantly pulled the jacket tighter around himself, suddenly feeling self-conscious. He tried to send a glare to the other, but Woohyun merely chuckled at his reaction.

Woohyun, on the other hand, was in a tight white button down shirt, though the sleeves were rolled up and the top three buttons were off. Sunggyu tried not to stare, but even he couldn’t deny that Nam Woohyun was attractive. Very attractive.

 

“Do you want to stare at me all day or shall we go get a drink as well?” Woohyun smirked.

 

Sunggyu looked away instantly, feeling heat rise up his cheeks. Damn you, Nam Woohyun. Who goes around a party wearing barely a shirt?

 

“Sunggyu.” Woohyun stepped closer, and he instinctively took a step back. The slightly shorter boy grabbed his arm, pulling him nearer and preventing him from moving away.

 

Woohyun leaned in, still wearing that annoying smirk of his. “I would love  to stare at you all day but I’m starving. Let’s go get some food.” Woohyun’s voice was low and Sunggyu could feel his breath right next to his ear.

He flushed even more. Woohyun’s hand left his arm, but grabbed onto his hand the next second. Sunggyu tried to pull his hand away, but Woohyun gripped his hand even tighter as he led him through the crowd.

He knew he should have said something then, but the butterflies in his stomach made him keep his mouth shut.

Said outfit:

(I swear Kim Sunggyu is a bias wrecker.)

A/N: As promised, less angst. More fluff nonsense. Bringing you this while I'm swimming in assignments, please love me commentㅋㅋㅋ Also, has everyone seen the Infinite Rally 3 fancams? Or anyone lucky enough to be there? The amount of woogyu from the recent Asia fanmeetings and Infinite Rally is enough to kill meㅠㅠ

Warning: Too much Woogyu might kill you

(Call me delusional but look at Sunggyu's smile)