Why Having Friends Can Be a Big Inconvenience (YewMin(?))

IOI Looks Like a Screaming Person (IOI Associated Acts Oneshot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A quick note:

I have not marked this as [M], but I should let you know that there's a little kissing and some making out. It's nothing graphic and definitely nothing that warrants a Mature rating, but I wanted to warn you in case you'd rather sit this one out. The plot revolves around a hookup, so it's par for the course.

--

Minkyung knows precisely 2.5 things. One, she's nearing on decently drunk--drunk enough to think the Taylor Swift playing on the sound system at this party is acceptable to grind on people to, but not drunk enough to not remember it in the morning. Two, she's been staring at the same girl for the past hour and it's probably started to get a little creepy. And a half, which is a side note to point two, the girl keeps glancing back at her, smiling, blushing, and turning away. This isn't Minkyung's first rodeo. She knows that's a good sign.

Minkyung hasn't seen this girl before. She's sure she'd remember her smile and her little eye crinkles and her exaggerated gestures that suggest that she's either a little intoxicated, a theater major, or both. Eunwoo's parties were supposedly for the School of Arts kids only, but Minkyung, an accounting major, has been friends with Eunwoo since high school and thus is an exception. Minkyung is glad, too; Eunwoo's parties are always the wildest--there's nothing like a mix of generally extroverted performing arts kids and generally introverted visual arts kids along with a hefty amount of alcohol in a townhouse. That's three stories of show tunes, 2000s pop, and bad decisions. 

Minkyung makes eye contact with the girl again and wow. She's beautiful. The girl's got her hair up in a high ponytail that makes Minkyung think the girl might have been that one genuinely nice cheerleader who cheered to, well, cheer people up in high school. Minkyung knows she's drunk enough because that Twice song won't stop running through her head. It's now or never. Minkyung steels herself and gets up from the couch with only a little bit of a struggle. Eunwoo's couch is practically a black hole. She makes her way across the room, dodging a couple(?) reenacting the scene from Titanic(?). The girl has abandoned her conversation with the short voice major who Jieqiong is friends with (Sungyeon?) in favor of getting a refill in the kitchen. Minkyung reroutes and heads that way as well, thankfully not having to dodge any other theatrical performances.

Minkyung finds the girl pouring Pepsi into her cup and her mind switches to a momentary panic because was the girl not legal? Minkyung goes to these parties for a few reasons, the main being to hook up. She'd been banking on Eunwoo not letting kids in. Jesus, if she'd been staring at a high schooler all night and any of her friends caught wind she'd never hear the end of it. They'd called Sejeong a pedo for months after she drunkenly flirted with that party animal prospective student Somi. Of course, as soon as Sejeong knew she was out the door and puking in the bushes, but that didn't stop Eunwoo and the Kangs from making her life hell for the rest of the semester. If this girl was a minor-

"Hi!" Minkyung nearly jumps out of her skin the girl is standing in front of her, Pepsi fizzing in her cup. She's smiling at Minkyung with her magic smile and oh my god if this girl is a minor-"I'm Yewon."

Minkyung scratches the back of her neck. She'd left her drink next to the couch and she really wishes she'd brought it. "H-hey." Great. A stutter. Smooth. Minkyung clears her mind and . She's Minkyung, for goodness sake. And this girl is probably (hopefully) a designated driver. "I'm Minkyung." Nice. Keep going. "I haven't seen you here before."

The girl, Yewon, laughs and even though Minkyung can barely hear it over the Taio Cruz, it's a little dizzying. How is this girl real? "I'm not really much of a party person. My roommate dragged me here."

Having a roommate means she goes to college. Not a minor. Game on. Minkyung plasters on her signature teasing grin. "You a vocal girl?"

Yewon nods, still smiling. "I'm double majoring in voice and performance for theater. What about you? You look like a dancer."

Minkyung laughs. "I wish I was coordinated enough to be one. I'm accounting. The most boring person at this party, probably."

Yewon laughs again, shaking her head. Gosh, her eyes are huge. Like a puppy's. "Definitely not."

Minkyung gestures toward the door leading from the kitchen to the back porch. "Speaking of not boring, tell me about your performance major. I'll admit I don't know much about theater. I hear you guys are wild, though." Minkyung winks and pushes the door open, stepping onto the porch and holding the door for Yewon who's blushing a little.

"I'm really not wild. I'm your classic sheltered theater kid. I'm really not interesting." Yewon smiles and sits on the chaise Eunwoo insisted on buying at that sketchy vintage pop-up. 

Minkyung decides to be bold and slides down the chaise to sit next to her. "Maybe you're not wild, but you're definitely interesting to me."

--

Yewon pulls away from the kiss, face flushed and lips red. "How close is your place?"

Minkyung grins, still breathing hard. "Not too far, but I know a place a little closer."

--

Minkyung needs to buy Eunwoo lunch. And maybe even dinner for the next week because Eunwoo has given her a key to a locked bedroom on the third floor. Sure, it's because Minkyung has a bad habit of bedding people in the common areas of Eunwoo's house, but that doesn't stop it from being a very nice gift. Having rich friends who are squeamish at the sight of your body has some benefits.

Minkyung and Yewon stumble to a stop on the third-floor landing. Minkyung's shirt is already off, probably a tripping hazard somewhere between the first and second floor, and Minkyung is working on Yewon's bra clasp underneath her loose blouse. The crowd always stays on the first and second floor, so the only company they have on the third floor are other couples too involved in each other to care about their states of undress or the way Yewon's hands are sneaking into the back of Minkyung's pants as Minkyung struggles to fit the key into the lock. 

"Need a little help?" Minkyung growls in frustration and Yewon laughs, her breath hittin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter