Magic is Cooler Than High School

IOI Looks Like a Screaming Person (IOI Associated Acts Oneshot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I think we may need a new assistant."

Minkyung glances up from the paper where she is trying to find a new large cage in the classifieds. The dinner dishes are messily stacked in the middle of the table. "Huh? Why?"

"Siyeon just texted me. Her mom found out that she wasn't earning the money walking dogs and she's grounded for like the next two months. Apparently, her mom objects to her being in contact with big cats."

"Huh. Okay." Minkyung stops and thinks for a second. "Let's go find one." She folds the paper messily and gets up from the kitchen table, clearing her place and forgetting to push in her chair. She's halfway undressed before Kyungwon can process that she moved.

"Hey! Mink-" Kyungwon looks up. "-y..?" She trails off at the sight of Minkyung's abs. It's sort of fascinating that someone with such a sedentary a lifestyle manages to be so toned. Kyungwon wishes she could maintain her figure on a diet of pork rinds and Diet Pepsi. She shakes herself out of it just in time for Minkyung to pull her shirt over her head. "Wait. Where are you going?"

Minkyung strips off her sweatpants and bends over, picking through their laundry basket. She emerges, victorious, with a pair of reasonably clean jeans. "I'm going to find an assistant. Coming?"

---

Minkyung is already at the bar when Kyungwon arrives, breathing hard and sweating through the nice-ish shirt she pulled on before chasing after Minkyung. She gives Kyungwon a grin when she sees her and raises her glass in a half teasing toast. Somehow, she's already halfway finished with it.

"Nice of you to make it." Minkyung smirks as Kyungwon slides onto the stool next to her, huffing a little in both tiredness and frustration.

"You need help."

"Isn't that why we're here?"

"I-" Kyungwon cuts herself off. "I set myself up for that."

"Yup." Minkyung picks up her glass and swivels around on her stool, scanning the other people. Kyungwon can see her going through the requirements and crossing people off the list. Minkyung's analytical brain is still fascinating to Kyungwon.

"Find anyone?"

"Hmmm. They've got to be small. And not have your shoulders." 

"Hey! My shoulders are nice!" Kyungwon squares them and pouts. 

Minkyung glances at her and pats one. "They're hot, but I can't fit you in the tiger cage." 

Minkyung's eyes flit to a girl at the other end of the bar, slumped against the wall. She's half on the stool, half off. Definitely drunk. Kyungwon sees Minkyung's eyes light up and before she can stop her, Minkyung is halfway around the bar.

Minkyung sits on the stool next to the girl. The girl seems interested, if a little cautious. Someone as beautiful as Minkyung sitting next to you does that. Kyungwon still gets a little breathless when Minkyung looks at her. "Hey. You're small." 

And the spell is broken. Any cool aura Minkyung had before she opened is gone now. The interest on the girl's face has been replaced with offense and confusion. "Um...excuse me?"

Kyungwon is arriving when Minkyung follows up with an explanation that really could have been worded better. "I need someone small. To put in a box."

Kyungwon wants to facepalm. Kyungwo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter