Somi Is Not Herding Goats In The Alps (DoSom)

IOI Looks Like a Screaming Person (IOI Associated Acts Oneshot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Soulmate Name AU: Your soulmate's given name appears on your body. This is probably better for people whose soulmates are not named weird things like Ennik.

The name on Doyeon's ribcage held one comfort: Ennik was an unusual name. She knew people with names like Jieun on their stomachs or Mingyu on their collarbones. There were three Jieuns in her grade alone. How was anyone with a commonly-named soulmate supposed to find them?

Ennik was also a big problem. It was clearly not a Korean name. Doyeon had to get her mother to tell her how to say it when it appeared on her at eleven. Apparently, she was an early bloomer. Most people got theirs closer to thirteen. "Ennik" was written, Doyeon knew, in the Latin alphabet. But even that didn't help. Everyone used the Latin alphabet, it seemed. And searching the name only brought her people with Ennik as a family name. By fifteen, Doyeon was convinced that she'd never find her soulmate. Whoever this "Ennik" was, they were probably herding goats in the alps and yodeling or something. 

---

At sixteen, she found herself on a show called Produce 101. She had lost count of the number of girls she had seen secretively show each other their marks, lifting their shirts in the bottom bunks or in the soundproof practice booths. In the few months of filming, four pairs had (probably, hopefully) found their soulmates. Of course, it wasn't anything the camera would find. Doyeon thought it was funny that even with the soulmate marks, Korea was still so closed to the thought of same- couples. 

Sometimes the marks appeared on a person's back or shoulder. Other times, on a person's ribcage like Doyeon's. The marks rarely showed up anywhere outside the abdomen. Doyeon appreciated that. There was no point in showing off a soulmate that she would never find. 

Still, sometimes Doyeon thought about this Ennik. Was she a petite girl with a taste for flowing white dresses? Or was he a big, strong guy with sandy hair and a chiseled jaw? Doyeon supposed she was a little thankful that she'd never find out who her soulmate was. She couldn't imagine having to fake a smile for a guy she'd never be attracted to or having to hide a relationship with a girl from the tabloid news sites. Not that her being famous was an inevitability, but a tiny, bitter part of her thought that maybe having a lot of people love her could make up for never knowing her soulmate.

---

When Doyeon had gotten into the top eleven, she started to hope. Maybe she'd be famous. Maybe she'd tour the world. Maybe there would be a fan backstage for her with a smile and a mark saying Doyeon. Doyeon knew it was stupid to hope. IOI was a group with an expiration date and being under YMC meant almost certainly no world tour. Still.

---

It was in July when they were in their pre-promotion phase for Whatta Man that they went on Kiss the Radio. Doyeon had gotten most of her starstruck-ness out of her system, but there was something about being in a room with Leeteuk that had her pinching herself to make sure that it was real. 

She was in such disbelief that she was in a room with a member of Super Junior that she almost missed Somi's explanation of her name.

Somi had been surprisingly calm so far on the show, but Doyeon assumed that Somi was a little starstruck too. Just enough to tone down her beagle-ness. "I have two names." Doyeon had never heard her speak so calmly or professionally. Definitely starstruck. Doyeon made a mental not to make fun of Somi for it when they got

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter