Dirty, Cop (2kyung)

IOI Looks Like a Screaming Person (IOI Associated Acts Oneshot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minkyung slumped into her chair, shuffling the papers on her desk and trying her best to look productive as her mind whirred with shame and anxiety mixed with flashes of images she's not sure whether she wants to forget or savor. How could she have been so stupid? So unprofessional? She'd worked hard for this badge and even harder to prove herself worthy of a promotion. It was so unlike her to be so impulsive, and in her weakness, she'd endangered the one thing she'd worked for her whole life.

Chief Im poked her head out of her office, "Lieutenant Kim? Could you come to my office at your soonest convenience please?" She slipped back in and shut her door silently. Chief Im was a good superior. She ran the precinct with a stern disposition and a nurturing softness all at once, something that was so rare in law enforcement. She, too, had worked hard to be where she was, and Minkyung had put her's reputation on the line too.

Minkyung buried her head in her hands, squeezing her eyes shut and willing herself to be teleported anywhere else.

Unfortunately, her traitorous mind teleported her straight into her memories of the day before.

—————

Minkyung traces her fingers along the edge of her side of the table. "We can do this the easy way or the hard way."

Kyungwon leans back, clearly all too at ease in the room. "Is there a fun way?"

Minkyung clenches her jaw. Jesus, this girl is annoying. "No-"

"Cause I'd much rather choose the fun way." The girl, Kang Kyungwon, (a potentially great lead on the drug ring case, Minkyung reminds herself), interrupts her and it's all Minkyung can do to not grab the stupid, smirking girl by her collar and- "No, there is no /fun way./ We have gone over your rights. If you'd like a lawyer present, we can arrange that. Okay?"

Kyungwon smiles stupidly and pushes her knee against the table to tilt her chair back. "So, you want answers."

Minkyung sighs, shaking her head and clicking her pen. It's one am. Everyone else in the precinct is at home and probably asleep. "Yes, I want answers."

Kyungwon slides her knee from the side of the table and her chair thunks back onto all four legs. "And I want fun."

Minkyung sighs, clicking her pen closed and readying herself to stand up. This wasn't going anywhere. "I told you, there isn't a fun-"

Kyungwon stands suddenly, fingers splayed on the tabletop. "What if there was?"

Minkyung pauses. A huge breakthrough on the case, a voice in her head chimes in. Minkyung stops what's she's doing and looks at Kyungwon. "And? What is this way?"

Kyungwon glides a finger across the table to slide along Minkyung's forearm. Minkyung stifles an urge to break the finger, and also an urge to shudder. Kyungwon leans in close and Minkyung stiffens. "You could always," Kyungwon whispers the second part, " the information out of me."

Minkyung closes her book and stands, huffing as she pushes her chair in harder than she needs to. This has been a waste of her time. There is no way this isn't the universe mocking her. It's half past one in the morning practically and there's a beautiful girl in front of her, offering herself to Minkyung. Except, if she accepts-no. That's not a possibility. "Don't be ridiculous," she snaps, "do I look like a dirty cop?"

Kyungwon sits back down and winks. "I'd like to see you dirty, cop."

That's it. Minkyung slams her book onto the table and crosses the small table in a few strides, hauling Kyungwon up by the collar and shoving and pinning her the wall. "I have had it with you. You came in voluntarily. I don't know what you're playing at here, but this isn't a game. People are in danger. Lives have already been lost. How dare you-" Minkyung trails off when she sees Kyungwon's attention is elsewhere. Namely, on her lips.

When Kyungwon realized she's been caught staring, she swallows and smiles stupidly charmingly. "Sorry,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter