Movie Night

Nothing But Sucrose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It all started with a bang.

 

Literally, a bang.

 

"Did you guys hear that?" Wendy looked around, wide eyes glazing over every corner of the sitting room.

 

"Hear what?" Irene asked as she flipped through another page of the fashion magazine. The leader was currently resting her head on Seulgi's lap, who was engrossed in the movie that was playing on the TV. In other words, Irene was too comfortable to see the unease in Wendy's eyes.

 

The main vocal looked at each of her members and not a single trace of worry was found on their faces. Yeri and Joy were on Joy's laptop and lying on the floor, giggling about who knows what and Seulgi was never one to be aware of her surroundings. 

 

"Oh nothing. Never mind." With one last glance around the vicinity, Wendy went back to her cookbook and shifted just a bit closer to Seulgi on the couch.

 

The girls were currently on vacation, renting out a beautiful beach house on Jeju-do island. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity to spend time together before comeback preparations hit. No staff, no managers, and no lights or cameras. Just Red Velvet, together as five. It was exactly what they needed, for there were rarely times when they were all together. Either their individual schedules didn't match up, or they were sleeping all of their free time away.

 

So when their managers brought up the trip, the girls immediately agreed and managed to leave them out of it. As much as their managers wanted to hit the beach, they also knew that the girls needed their time to be alone.

 

"Seulgi, that movie's boring. Change the channel already!" Joy stared distastefully at the cheesy romantic comedy in front of her.

 

"Oh, but it's ok when your even cheesier drama is on?" Seulgi retorted, sticking her tongue out with eyes still glued to the big screen. "You know, watching you act all sweet and kind was like looking into another dimension...one that I'd like to be in."

 

A pillow came flying her way and unfortunately landed on Irene's face.

 

"Yah, Joy."

 

"Sorry, mother."

 

"YAH!" Irene sat up abruptly and threw the pillow back at a laughing Joy, who was rolling around on the floor.

 

After a raging Irene was soothed by the gentle Seulgi was giving her back and Joy quelled her laughing fit, a calm quietness blanketed the girls.

 

Until Yeri broke it with a, "Let's watch a horror movie!" 

 

Cries of yays and nays filled the air, with a particular loud "YAAAS, THAT'S MY MAKNAE!" coming from none other than Joy.

 

On the other hand, the girls seated at the couch clutched each other's arms tightly. Irene because she had a weak, frail heart that did not sit well with jump scares, Wendy because horror movies made her eyes actually want to jump out of their sockets and hide, and then Seulgi who was clenching her fists from the painful grasps from the girls beside her.

 

Seulgi actually enjoyed horror movies as a cinephile who had a deep interest in films and what went on behind the scenes. Rather than jumping from a scare, she'd think about how the production teams made scenes look so realistic. It was a tip her older brother had given her to get rid of the fears of fictional horrors. Too bad he only decided to tell Seulgi after she had crawled under a table and hit her head at one family gathering. For laughs, he said.

 

Long story short, Seulgi was over the jump scares and the demonic apparitions in horror movies. She was more scared of the bunny-like girl who's nails were digging into her forearms, as a matter of fact.

 

"Yeri, I'll let you pick the movie if you pry these claws off of my arms." Yeri got up in a heartbeat at this and approached the couch.

 

"I'll help too!" Soon, the two youngest girls were forcibly removing pale, rigid fingers off of the main dancer.

 

Seulgi sighed in relief as she felt her arms free and quickly stood up before Irene or Wendy could latch back on. "Come on guys. It's fictional. All fake!" Still, the leader and main vocal sat frozen, looking like their souls had parted from their bodies.

 

"A-are they gonna be ok?" Yeri glanced back and forth between the two girls, concern inching into her voice.

 

"Of course they are! I'm gonna go make some popcorn and you're gonna get the blankets and pillows ready. Seulgi, can you snap these two out of their trance?" Joy hollered out her commands and made her way into the kitchen. Yeri heeded Joy's instructions and began gathering anything that looked remotely comfy from their bedrooms.

 

Seulgi was left staring at two girl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter