► Moelolz

Polished Reviews [SHOP] [INDEFINITE HIATUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
♦ L'etoile ♦

 

First Impression

First impression is a neutral feeling, the beginning seemed a lot like Skip Beat and other Idol manga I’ve read. Which is not necessarily bad, a cliché can easily be twisted in something good when the writer puts their own two cents into the bucket and change the color of the story. So, at first I did recognize possible influences but I did hope to see a different turn in events.

Dialogue

The dialogue is relatively small compared to the descriptive paragraphs. Seeing as Haneul is quite introverted, insecure and shy it matches with her personality. I think the other character’s dialogue are pretty okay. Jongin is a bit weird in my head, for example when he suddenly laughed in the car about Haneul I was as a reader quite confused what was so great about her remark. Maria has a strong dialogue and I like that Haneul has moments of strength that you show in your dialogue. For example, when she told Baekhyun to just leave gave a very good impression of her inner strength that is hidden.

Character Development

I can’t say there is a lot of development yet. A new leaf has turned for Haneul but she is still the same shy, insecure, introverted girl. I expect this to change, you already showed the possible potential that is hidden in her personality. I hope to see the girl blossom once the story progresses. Right now, the girl is very flat, you don’t dislike her but you don’t like her either. She is just a girl in the stream of events but she doesn’t really catches my immediate interest besides the few gem moments of willpower. I hope she will fleshes out to be a bit more dynamic as you go on writing her.

Baekhyun hasn’t reappeared yet so I can’t say much about his character progress. He did tick me off a bit, the way he talks and acts is a bit stereotypical. It feels a bit unrealistic but I hope you will explain his behavior or make it more relatable as the story progresses and you can flesh him out.

Jongin is a wild card in the story. He came out of nowhere and he seems to have a slight obsession with Haneul’s parents (mother) and Haneul’s acting potential. He trusts his gut feeling and he is a kind supporting character. I wonder how much the age difference is, and if he will turn into a love interest.

Marie is a typical tough love character as I would call it. Someone who will give Haneul a hard time but who will teach her a lot during the three years of guardian ship.

Style

Here is one of your focus points. Around Chapter 4 I looked at what the previous reviewer said, sinc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter