Leader

Bluebells

REQUEST from anonymous: could u write about himchan missing yongguk pls?

pairing: banghim

warnings: none


There was nothing “weird” about being the leader of a band. There wasn’t anything “strange” about standing in the front all the time. Corralling the other four members was something that he was used to already, especially since Yongguk had moved out of the dorms to be on his own.

It wasn’t hard to be the stand-in leader. In fact, it seemed to be something Himchan was quite suited for. He had always been the punctual, organized type; every qualification was more than there.

So it’s obvious that the problem he’s having is not because of his new responsibilities.

There was an empty space, billowing and expanding every day like some sort of black hole, and it just couldn’t be filled; no one even tried to fill it. It was more like B.A.P had been pressed the pause button. Sure, they had promoted Skydive and gone on a tour in Japan (much to Himchan’s chagrin, of course.) Why couldn’t they just hold off on another Japan tour until Yongguk came back? Promotions, sure, he could understand continuing with those–they’ve done promotions minus one before, back when he broke his hand–but a tour? It just wasn’t right.

But, he has to admit (and willingly will do so), that his problem does not lie with his new duties, nor the plans of the company. (Although those sure haven’t been helping coax his stress levels.) All of the members could feel it. The gap was so empty it was painful at times; visible to everyone. There was an aura gone, a presence missed.

It was hard without him.

Himchan worried constantly, of course, and texted him as often as he could, but being without his best friend when he had grown so accustomed to constantly being by his side was…depressing. Sometimes he wouldn’t sleep, just laying in bed in his room that he didn’t share with anyone anymore.

He’d just think. Think about life, the classic existential crisis, he supposed, but it always faded eventually and he would just shrug the thoughts away.

He missed Yongguk.


short and sweet ^.^ or sad, rather...I've got two more in the works; send me requests!