Chapter 7

Blood Stained Roses

Hey guys, this isn't really an update more of a redo. I felt horrible for releasing such a trash chapter. You guys don't deserve that especially after all the support you have given me. I tried really hard but I'm struggling. Thank you so much for sticking with me and I really appreciate your comments. I hope you enjoy this chapter 7 more than the other one.


 

The car jolted on the bumpy road effectively knocking Nam Soon out of his daze. He sagged against the dark leather passenger seat letting out a sigh; the dramatic show he put on in front of Heung Soo’s parents turned out to be just that, a show.  Nam Soon didn't want to admit it, but the Alpha was right. He was all talk.

 

He lowered his head, wishing he could block all the horrible memories he had accumulated through the years, and that included the event that took place a few nights ago.  Blocking bad memories had become a habit, one he thought he should have mastered after so many years. Guess not.

 

He inhaled but it did nothing to soothe his weary mind and heart. If Saki felt the need to say something, he was doing a damn good job keeping it to himself.

 

Nam Soon's eyes fluttered shut.

 

+Flashback+

 

Nam Soon stormed into their shared bedroom flinging a beat up black duffel bag onto the bed. Funny enough, it was the one thing he brought with him when he married Heung Soo and he would make damn sure it was the only thing he left with. Mindlessly, he threw clothes into the bag completely oblivious to Heung Soo entering the room.

 

The Alpha cleared his throat obviously asking for the Omega’s attention. Clearly, Nam Soon wasn't having it, as he didn't glance in his general direction. He would not give Heung Soo the satisfaction of being acknowledged. The Alpha cleared his throat a second time only to be ignored once again.

 

Heung Soo’s brow twitched, as he purposefully secreted his Alpha pheromones into the air. Within minutes, the room was filled with the scent of an aggravated Alpha. Any Omega would probably stop whatever they were doing and freeze or cower in a corner  from the pure  stench, but Nam Soon had to put up with the display of power numerous times when he worked as a kidnapper for a few years and had, to some extent, become immune to the intimidation technique. He still experienced the increased heart rate and the ice cold fear but he would not seem weak. Especially in front if his -hole for a husband.

Nam Soon finally fixed Heung Soo with a glare.

“What?” He flung a pair of pants into the messy pile of clothes already overflowing from his bag. “Upset because I won't give you attention and now you have to force me into submission to get it?”

 

The Omega could not pinpoint it, but there was a sudden change in the atmosphere. The air was not cold with anger but warm and Heung Soo changed from defensive posture to open and calm. Nam Soon didn't like it. In fact, it outright sent chills down his spine when an Alpha could make an attitude switch so suddenly. It frightened him more than the release of pheromones. He stepped back as a precaution. The man before him was not his husband and if it was a joke, he sure as hell wanted to be ready for the punch-line.

Heung Soo opened his eyes and inched closer to the uneasy Omega.  Nam Soon found himself pressed against the dresser his heart beating like a rabbits and his breaths coming out in quick short bursts. Heung Soo moved  until their bodies were flush against one another. The Omega fought to keep his head facing forward, one twitch to either side and it would seem as if he were submitting which he had almost never done for any Alpha in his entire life. He felt Heung Soo’s breath on his ear, grazing the sensitive skin.

“Nam Soon I’m sorry,” He relented, his normally coarse voice turned soft, “I should have said something downstairs, but you know how my parents are.”

Nam Soon was quiet, the only audible was his breathing which was still coming out in quick bursts.

“Heung Soo, what are you-” Heung Soo gripped his forearms, the wedding band cutting into his skin. If he wanted to escape, he missed his chance. There was a pregnant pause. The eerie silence filled Nam Soon with dread while he realized he was left alone in the expansive house with an Alpha who had the ability to make him disappear without being faulted.  It was not his ideal situation and he silently prayed he would fare better than other Omega’s who had been in his same position. A growl emitted from the taller man breaking his concentration . The silence which seemed to stretch for an eternity was disturbed by Heung Soo’s smoky deep voice.

“You’re right, you shouldn’t have to subjugate yourself to the words of my parents, however,” The air went cold and Nam Soon began to shake, “Based on the contract you knowingly signed, almost anything can happen to you, and I don’t have to lift a finger. I also know you wouldn’t dare leave this house or this marriage because on a basic level you understand that you’ll be left without a dime to your name.” If Nam Soon had a comeback he kept it to himself while Heung Soo continued on.

“ You’ll be a homeless, unmarked Omega, an easy target. Even without marking or knotting you, I control you. I decide what you do, who you do it with, how you do it,  where you go and when. I own you for the next three years, which is why when I'm done speaking, you will put that ty bag, that I allow you to keep, back in the closet. You will stay in this room unless I say you can come out and you will meet the press concerning a new drug for Omegas.”

          In that exact moment, while Nam Soon felt hopelessness draping itself around his shoulders like a blanket, the distinct sound of an engine revving and rubber shrieking against the concrete assaulted their ears. Heung Soo tugged a small round device from beneath his collar and crushed it underneath the sole of his shoe. He loosened his grip on Nam Soon's arms and let out a long breath.

    They didn't lock eyes, Heung Soo was intent in looking at the ground as if the most interesting thing in the world was stuck to their floor. His voice trembled and Nam Soon could hear the tightness in his throat.

     “I-I’m sorry,” he mumbled.

       Nam Soon looked like a fish his mouth opening and closing and his s eyes bulging from his head. He felt not only relief that Heung Soo probably had not been serious, but he also felt terrified that Heung Soo if he had to, could make a switch from just an irritated overworked Alpha to a deadly one. That easy switch  bothered him more than anything.

      “My parents are controlling people. I've been around them long enough to know some of their tactics.  …Just disregard everything I said.”

      Nam Soon couldn't think. He wouldn't dare entertain thoughts because this was a side of the Alpha he had never seen before. But all good things must come to an end and just as the deep voice had turned into silk which caressed his body wrapping itself around him gently, it returned to it's brillo pad state. Uncaring how much it grated against his skin cause the Omega dissatisfaction.

  “Except about the press conference. That is real and it will not be argued against.”

    Nam Soon only nodded unsure of how to respond. He was certain if he tried to speak, words would fail him where gestures wouldn't.

    Heung Soo folded his arms deep in thought, “Actually , come and read up on the drug now so I won't have enough to shout at you later.”  He signaled  for Nam Soon to follow and the Omega did just that partly because he was uncertain if Heung Soo's sudden mood change had been an act or intentional.

 

“WHAT IS THIS?!”

    Nam Soon shrieked shuffling through cardboard like papers. He glared. The whole idea of the drug was absurd.

     The Alpha pursed his lips, scribbling along the margins of some contract.

   “DO YOU HEAR ME?!  This drug  blatantly disregards Omega rights!”

  Nam Soon's normally pale skin contained bright red splotches while his brown eyes were clouded over with anger and traces of tears.

“Are you listening?! I am not backing this drug.”

    Heung Soo diligently scribbled in the margins letting out a puff of air.

 “The Board voted it's already in the human trials stage with apparently fantastic results . There’s nothing I can do. That only leaves you to do your job as the public relations manager. Meet with the media tell them what you know and leave”

“They’re going to ask me would I take this. And we both know hell would have to freeze before I shove that thing in my mouth.”

“Listen,” Heung Soo messaged his neck, “I’m not going to yell cause that’s way too much work. The alternative is in going to say this as calmly as possible. This is a business, lie.  This  works against your straight forwardness but that’s how it is.” He made his way to the door leaving Nam Soon speechless. Before he disappeared into the corridor, he pressed his lips into a thin line.

“For what it’s worth, I do care about you.”

+End Flashback+

 

The bastard. Thinks he can get away with sending Nam Soon on an emotional rollercoaster ride? Well he has another thing coming if he thinks Nam Soon will let his get away with the he pulled.  

For whatever reason the event seemed to stick with him and sent him into bouts of rage. Heung Soo is a complete .

“Baby Nam Soon, don’t mean to interrupt whatever it is you’re doing, but we’re here.”

Nam Soon peered out of the window his breath caught in his throat. He had spoken at plenty of public conferences but this one took the cake. Every news station was there and more were on the way. He swallowed the anxiety building up in the pit of his stomach. Maybe staging a fainting spell would get him out of this terrible arrangement but that would only delay the inevitable. He was doing this whether he wanted to or not.

 

The room was dead silent except for the reporters scrawling and typing away on their keyboards and pads. Nam Soon could hear the faint sound of heat blowing through the vents. Yet he was still chilled to the bone. It would take more than a heater to warm him up. He eyed the crowd, the impatience rolling off of them in waves. It made his heart flutter with anxiety. They would tear him to pieces. Just read from the script they gave you. He thought, closing his eyes. He took in a breath, It’s now or never. His eyes snapped open as he put on his best smile

 

“I will now take your questions.”