Chapter 4

Blood Stained Roses

I will be completely honest. I almost didn't make it with this chapter, but here it is as promised. I will be going back through it to search for all mistakes so please bear with me and I hope you enjoy it. As always, comments are appreciated and thanks for reading.


It was a warm summer night. The sky was a deep midnight blue spotted with bright and dim glowing stars. The full moon stood high bathing the world below in a soft glow. If one took a gander at the sky, it seemed like an entirely different world where celestial beings were created with the stars and their forms were highlighted with the luminous moonlight. They sat, perched on cirrus clouds which dotted the sky. Their shimmering eyes looked down at humanity laughing and mocking the weak beings. There was one being in particular that caught their eyes and he stood underneath a lone streetlamp in a deserted alley.

He wore skinny jeans that looked as if they’d been painted on and his halter top billowed in the gentle wind. It also outlined his thin muscular frame and mocked those who showed interest with a small glimpse of a strip of creamy, off white skin.  His dark brown eyes scanned the surrounding area searching for any signs of life. As he hoped, there was none which made his job easier and more bearable. Another five minutes and he would be ready to leave. A small buzz reverberated through the alley and he hurriedly picked up his phone.

“Hello?” He answered sweetly.

“Don’t hello me. We allowed you to pick this spot and there is nothing here. We have been gracious to you and spared you of such treatment and humiliation but we promise you, if we find any hesitation on your part, we will destroy you little Omega.”

The other inhaled deep trying his best not to scoff. He had seen what scoffing would get him when another Omega did the exact same action. That Omega was gone now and probably someone's toy for all he knew. He did not wish for the same fate, so he smiled.

“Of course, and I am forever in your debt for bestowing your mercy upon me.”  Being an Omega meant walking a fine line, but since Alphas would not dare entertain the thought of an Omega being disrespectful, the Omega easily got away with being condescending. He smirked. “There were people here earlier this week. Someone is bound to come.”

The voice on the other line was gruff and harsh and it caused the man to flinch.

“You had better be right.”

The phone clicked and buzzed cutting off the menacing voice. The young man rolled his eyes putting his phone away. He had chosen this spot on purpose. No one ever came this way  and secretly he was proud of himself. He breathed a happy sigh when 11:00 hit. Normally they stopped at eleven if the night was slow and that meant he could go home. His phone buzzed again.

“Hello?”

“Don’t even do it. Your is staying there until someone comes. You better hope you find someone or it will be your on the line. But then again, the boss never punishes you. If it were me in charge I would pound your until all you can think of is my .”

“Whatever, you touch me and you’re dead.”

The young man stared up at the night sky poking his tongue out. Well too damn bad, they were going to be here forever because no one was ever going to come. He smiled at the CCTV that looked down on him from the left of the alley. He didn’t know how they turned them off, probably had to do with the circuit boards and stuff , but it wasn’t his place to to wonder about that.

He stretched showing more of his off white milky skin and as he sat down under the streetlamp, a sickly sweet scent assaulted his nose. An Omega. A shadow casted over his brightened form sent him looking upward to find a young boy. His face was eerily blank. The young man squinted at the boy. What the hell was going on? Why did the boy not have a face. The only features present were his nose and mouth which did little to help him uncover who the young boy was. However, even with his absent features he showed concern.

“Are you okay? Do you need help?” He asked.

The young man continued to stare at the blank face, what was wrong with the boy, why did he not have a face? He questioned himself again. The sickly sweet scent appeared again jolting him from his thoughts. He couldn’t worry about the boys missing face, he needed to get him out of here.

Never had he caught an Omega who was so young. He kept his search to older Omegas who were in their twenties or above. He couldn’t let the guys get their hands on him. He wouldn’t let them take him. He grabbed the boy’s wrist tightly leading him down the alley. He needed to move quickly.

“Sir, what are you doing? Please let me go.”

“Shut-up you're not safe here. Come with me.”

The young Omega struggled and it made helping him a lot more difficult than it need to be. However, what happened next, only brought fear and shame to the young man. He felt his wrist violently pulled as the young boy was attacked.

“Yi Kyung!” He shouted as he stared at the horrible site. The Omega trying to kick and scream while Yi Kyung grinded his knee into the young boy’s back.

“Yi Kyung! STOP! He’s just a boy.”

Yi Kyung smirked, “You think that stops us from having a quota to meet?”

“ your quota! He’s just a child let him go.”

Yi Kyung breathed in annoyance “Get the hell out of here or this time I will add you to the list for the shipment.”

The young man was grounded to the spot his eye wide. What was he going to do? He felt sick. Sick of himself and what he had been helping these monsters do. Honestly, he couldn’t care less about any of the other Omegas he helped them to capture and sell into slavery but this was a child and if he had one thing, it was a semblance of morals. He felt the need to run away but how when his brain couldn’t function properly? Yi Kyung  starred up at him while Jung Ho smiled at the young boy who was still struggling.

“Hyung, please help me! Help me, please!”

The world had slowed and it all felt so surreal. Yi Kyung snarled.

“Nam Soon, get the out of here!”

And so he did, he ran in the other direction and didn’t stop. He ran until he didn’t know where he was. One thing was certain, he wasn’t going back. Not after what he had done. The screams of the young boy filled his mind and he pressed his hands to his head. He had ed up, he had ed up bad.

***

Nam Soon swiftly sat up in bed. His breathing heavy with sweat running down his face. He looked around the room, unsure of where he was at the moment. Upon seeing the expensive dresser and feeling the silk sheet against his skin he leaned over his head in his hands. That nightmare assaulted him occasionally, and every time he had it, he couldn’t figure out who the young boy was. To this day he tried to repress the memory, forcing it to the back of his mind whenever possible. It was like a broken bone that hadn’t healed properly and it hurt like hell, but he continued to ignore it.

He forced the memory down once again because who knew what happened to the young boy. If anything, he was probably dead or sent to a brothel by now. He would be in his twenties with no chance of a life or a lover who would love him for him. Nam Soon thought about his own situation but he did not dwell on it long. Whatever happened to him, he deserved it and he would take his punishment with grace.

Somewhere down the hall, he heard the echoes of laughter and chatter, a happy distraction from his darker thoughts. However, he could clearly hear Saki ranting about how he got the young man at the fruit stand to talk to him, like that was an accomplishment. That all the man would talk about and frankly, it was getting annoying. Nam Soon rolled his eyes and forced his way out of the entanglement of sheets.  

It went on for about two weeks. Saki would arrive promptly at nine and rave to Heung Soo about how he used his charm to get the Japanese beauty to hire and speak to him. Heung Soo just shook his head and told the man off saying, “Earlier you were running with your tail between your legs. You didn’t even know if you were going to talk to him.”

“Hey,” Saki berated. “That’s all in the past. It’s about being in the present and looking forward to the future.”

“...If you say so.” Heung Soo relinquished.

You would have thought Heung Soo would be the one tired of the man constantly talking about the man but  Nam Soon had become agitated with Saki continually talking about his crush. He couldn’t help but feel a pang of jealousy whenever he ranted about finally talking to the young man. Hayama, is what he was called, correct? Nam Soon didn’t know but he was going to put an end to Saki’s spouting. He stomped into Heung Soo’s study pointing at the excited Saki.

“Would you shut up?! Hayama-kun this, Hayama-kun that- he’s all you have been talking about for two weeks! You just met, why would you know so much about him anyway? It’s disgusting and annoying. STOP!”

He exploded, one could practically see the smoke pouring from his ears but Saki didn’t miss a beat. His smile widened as he laughed aloud.

“You’re just mad baby Nam Soon because I love Hayama-kun for himself not because I have mommy and daddy issues.”

He glanced at Heung Soo whose only reply was the roll of his eyes. He returned to his work shortly after but Nam Soon was beyond agitation at this point, he was furious.

“How can you want someone you just met? I bet you don’t even know his gender.”

“That’s a dumb statement, anyone can see that he’s male.” Saki retorted, semi jumping out of his seat.

“You know what I’m talking about.” He ground out. Nam Soon began grinding his teeth and balling his hands into fists. Why he was so upset he couldn’t understand, but he knew he would rather die than have Saki laughing at him.

“Well, I didn’t really catch his scent, but he smelled like a Beta. It was faint but I’m pretty sure it was a Beta smell.” Saki pondered, staring up at the ceiling.

“So you don’t even know. What if he was an Omega concealing himself?”

Saki paused and that satisfied Nam Soon. He was happy the guy was taking a minute to think because that meant he wasn’t quite sure if he would accept an Omega.

“Tch, what in the hell does him being an Omega have to do with anything? If I love him, then nothing is going to stop me from doing just that.”

Saki’s response caused Nam Soon to falter. If anything, he had expected to hear a ‘we shall see’ but those words never crossed Saki’s lips. Even his eyes had the resolve of a man who had fallen deeply in love and that irked the hell out of Nam Soon. Saki looked the camed Omega up and down, his hardened face turning into one that was amused.

“So, you wear Heung Soo’s  clothes to bed sometimes?”

Nam Soon followed his gaze to the oversized shirt that swallowed his thin frame. Since when had he been wearing one of Heung Soo’s tee-shirts? Heung Soo didn’t look as he scanned one of the many documents he had to sign in preperation for a meeting he had to attend later in the week.

“I don’t know how this got on me.” Nam Soon stated quickly while Saki wriggled his eyebrows up and down.

“Sure you don’t, but you’re right baby Nam Soon. You are completely and utterly right. I have been an to you flaunting my passionate love for Hayama-kun around while you sit looking like a kicked puppy. Never to receive love.”

That was it, he was going to fight him. Nam Soon took a menacing step forward. “You take that back.”

“Why? It’s true isn’t it? Heung Soo will drop your on some street corner as soon as your contract is up won't he?”

“You told him?!”

Heung Soo didn’t respond. How could he just stare at his paperwork while his employee was talking to him in such a way?

“He didn’t need to baby Nam Soon. It’s written all over your face. Your longing looks,”

“Giichi stop it.” Heung Soo finally spoke but the other Alpha continued a erted smile spreading across his lips.

“Your need to be near him, be close to him. It’s all there. I can smell you, practically begging him to you into the sheets.”

“GIICHI, SHUT THE UP!” Heung Soo shouted banging his fist against the mahogany desk. It caused Nam Soon to flinch but Saki kept the smile on his face.

“Chill, Heung Soo. Baby Nam Soon knows I’m messing with him. Right?” His tone was smooth but dark.

Nam Soon kept his eyes glued to Saki’s before he glanced at Heung Soo and gave a slight nod of his head.

“See, no harm done,” Saki pointed, “But I have to go so I’ll see you later.” The Alpha waved and moved past the statuesque Omega.

Nam Soon had never been so terrified in his life and he had been a trafficker. The only thing keeping him from breaking down was Heung Soo answering his buzzing phone. The low, smooth voice kept him from breaking down with tears. He half heartedly listened to Heung Soo’s conversation. It like the world was moving around him. Time was different in the place he was because everything moved slow. How could Saki say such things and on top of that, Heung Soo barely defended him. That hurt, a lot.

“Soon...Na-Soon....NAM SOON!”  He finally heard his name and looked at the Alpha. “Go get ready. My parents are on their way.”  

If  he thought nothing would be able to snap him out of his trance, he was wrong because those words had him back in the world looking down at his half form. He had only met Heung Soo’s parents one other time, and from that point he understood that they hated him. He let the office calling on a maid to help him get ready. If anything, he would make a good impression this time. He would shove the earlier events to back with his recurring dream and think about what was most important, making Heung Soo’s parents think he was a good Omega. That task required his full attention. Saki was right about one thing, he needed to be in the now to prepare for the storm that was about to come.