Chapter 3

Blood Stained Roses

Originally I was going to wait till Thursday to post, but it's valentines day so I decide to post early.  I like how this chpter turned out and I hope you enjoy it too. Comments are always appreciated.  See you in the next chapter. 


 

The car ride was a quiet one. You could cut the silence with a butter-knife, and that was why Nam Soon was confused. Had he done something to anger Heung Soo? He could only think of the incident that took place in the morning but other than that, there was nothing. He stole a couple of glances but even then, he couldn’t tell if the man was irate or just in deep thought. So what was the meaning of the suffocating tension in the car?

“You have something to say? Say it.”

The smoky voice resonated with Nam Soon’s heartbeat making him shiver all over. Nam Soon flicked a piece of imaginary dust off his pants and sat up in the passenger's seat.

“It’s nothing.” He folded his arms in an attempt to stay expressionless.

Heung Soo watched from the corner of his eye, Nam Soon was unconsciously pouting. A little quirk of his that meant something was on his mind. He didn’t press the matter, but he was going to find out what caused the other to be upset.

Five minutes after raising the question, he turned into a lot and parked the car.

Nam Soon kept his eyes on the window sill oblivious to the parked car and their surroundings.

“Get out.”

It was harsh and broke Nam Soon’s concentration, but seeing the taller man unbuckle his belt and exit the car made him do the same. He rushed to Heung Soo’s side curious to where they were.

“Where are we going?”

Heung Soo didn’t answer, only sped up his pace leaving Nam Soon behind. Nam Soon gladly stayed behind pondering what could have caused his husband to be angry, but each time, he came up short. He couldn’t still be mad about him not coming to the study or maybe the old man tattled and told him he smacked his hand away. He couldn’t think of anything else he had done between the public conference and getting in the car. He looked catching an eyeful of Heung Soo’s back.

Well, there was at least one redeeming quality of the Alpha. He had a strong back and watching his muscles ripple under the sheer fabric it did something to him. What did it do? It started a fire in his belly and that was something he hadn’t felt in a while.

“What are you doing? Get up here.”

“... I’m coming.”

   Heung Soo suddenly paused and grasped Nam Soon’s chin between his fingers.

   “Tell me what’s wrong with you.”  He barked. “Don’t make me even more infuriated than I am.”

   He spoke in a low tone, “You seemed upset and I didn’t know if it was something I had done.”

   The Alpha drew back, a bit surprised by the omega’s response. He thought he knew everything about his little omega. In fact, he knew almost everything about Nam Soon. He knew his likes and dislikes, his family background, where he went to school, his sleeping habits. Ask him any question about the younger man and he was sure he could answer it. He even knew how Nam Soon would respond to a statement he might make. However, in the entire year they have been together, he never imagined hearing those words. Of all the arguments they got into over Nam Soon doing what he wanted, it made him feel weird to hear the younger man actually sound concerned about his own feelings.

   Heung Soo’s grip loosened and his cold, calculating eyes turned soft, but that was only for a split second.

Based on the agreement, they were not to indulge in any type of intimacy, and while this was nowhere near intimate, touches like those led to intimate moments. He released the smaller man’s chin and returned his features to his normally sardonic expression.

   “You must be sick to actually care about how I feel.”

   Nam Soon’s eyes looked like saucers. He couldn’t have imagined the look from Heung Soo. Right? Those indifferent dark brown eyes showed lust for a split second, towards him. He stammered to find words.

“ Y- you were pretty upset earlier and you didn’t look too happy when you came to the library,” He forced his eyes downward, not wanting to hold the others steady gaze. He began picking at his nails, which Heung Soo had voice numerous times as an annoying quality of his. “So, I just wanted to make sure you were okay.”

   Heung Soo carefully kept his features devoid of emotion. He gave one of his famous smirks while patting Nam Soon’s head.

   “To answer your question, I’m doing just fine. Saki told me about what happened at the conference and I was quite perturbed.”

   “Really, why?”

   “I was irritated that such a stain would dare contaminate my prize possession.”

   Just like that, Nam Soon snapped out of his trance. Heung Soo was doing so well. It was like everything had lined up to set Nam Soon’s being ablaze and just like that, it was extinguished.

   A possession. A prize that’s all he was. He wasn’t even a really good friend, he was just something to show off. That didn’t even make sense because society didn’t view Omegas as useful or upstanding citizens. Instead, they were useless wastes of space that were only good for ing. Actually, that wasn’t right. Female Omegas were like some type of expensive caviar. They were treated to delicacies and cherished. Alphas and Betas went crazy trying to please them but male Omegas were scum; they were unnatural and unnecessary.  

   With that logic, he still could not understand why Heung Soo chose him to be his “marriage”, partner. He could have anyone and yet he chose a lowly, tainted, disgusting Omega like him. The way it was explained he knew the reason why; it was one of those rich kid tantrums. Heung Soo didn’t want to be completely under his parent's control and he wanted to get under their skin so he did the next best thing and chose a random Omega.

   Isn’t it something when all you have to do is marry to get what you want? What a world.

   Nam Soon’s gaze hardened as he pulled his chin from Heung Soo.

   “Of course we come back to this. I’m just someone to show off, you know,” He scoffs, “You’re like a ing child. Throwing a tantrum because you don’t want to get married, I understand you didn’t get to have your rebel years so you’ve decided to do it now, but you could at least have the courtesy to act like you want to be in this marriage other than to spite your parents. You could also treat me like a regular person!”

   His voice echoed off the concrete walls of the garage. Heung Soo looked on, amused by his little Omega’s actions. He really was full of surprises.

   “You know,” Heung Soo’s voice was clipped, “A regular person wouldn’t lose their temper in a public place.”

   He spoke in a soft tone, so much so that Nam Soon had to lean in to hear what the Alpha was saying. However, once the words hit his ears, he lost his steam. He looked around and noticed a couple eyeing him as they made their way to the garage door and he saw a small family holding their kid's hand, disgust present in their features. As the family walked by, he heard the woman whisper something to her husband that caused him to bow his head and blush a deep crimson.

   “Is it one of those Omega tantrums, dear?” The woman pushed the child to the other side of her, effectively blocking the child’s view of the scene playing out between Heung Soo and Nam Soon. If she was trying to be subtle, she was failing miserably. The man stopped and looked their way.

   “Is everything okay with your Omega, Sir?” He looked at Heung Soo the entire time, completely ignoring Nam Soon. That reignited the fire inside of him.

   “I’M RIGHT HERE! You can ask me, the person in question, if they are okay! How can you assume it’s an Omega tantrum when you have no idea who the hell I am? Plus, what the is an Omega tantrum?!”

   The woman hurriedly covered the child’s ears and moved herself and the child towards the entrance of the garage. The man’s features went dark. He no longer looked like the pleasant father, his eyes held contempt as he made direct eye contact with Nam Soon. Nam Soon couldn’t tell if the vile look was because he was an Omega or if it was pointed at him for his lacking manners.

   “I’m sorry, we noticed your collar and just assumed you are an Omega.”

   Heung Soo latched onto Nam Soon’s arm, pulling him behind.

“I am extremely apologetic, Sir. He did not mean to offend you, a situation happened earlier and he is a little riled up. Please forgive his actions.”

The man was hesitant, looking at Heung Soo but recomposed himself with a smile spreading across his features.

“You are quite all right. I hope whatever happened wasn’t too serious.” The man tipped his hat to them and joined his wife who looked concerned.

That wasn’t good, Heung Soo eyed him nonchalant like.

“You see what I mean? How can  you be treated like a person when you can’t even be civil and respectful to someone you don’t know?”

He was left speechless, don’t get him wrong he had tons to say, but to be called an animal. That’s basically what Heung Soo thought of him. He was an untrained animal, but he was still a person no matter how you looked at it.

A jingle of keys caught both of their attentions, Saki was jogging up to them oblivious to the events that occurred. His smile offsets the tension between the Alpha and Omega.

“Wow, why so quiet, did I miss something?” Heung Soo smirked.

“You always miss something.”

“What do you expect when someone finds it acceptable to do their makeup in the middle of a green light?”

“I’d expect the great and powerful Saki Giichi to go around them with his self-proclaimed awesome and fantastic driving skills.”

Saki let out a raspy laugh, tilting his head back. Nam Soon watched in awe as the two Alphas interacted. Heung Soo never looked at Nam Soon with care, want, or interest. Saki wiped an imaginary tear from his eyes which kind of led Nam Soon to question how he had gotten to where they were since he had driven Saki in his car. It also reminded him about his previous question about the man's name. He forogt to ask after the man had shut him down earlier in the day.

“Um, how did you get here? Also, explain your name.” Nam Soon questioned which earned him a few ‘are you stupid?’ glances.

“Oh, right, right.” Saki dislodged some keys from his pocket and held them out to Nam Soon which he noticed to be his own keys. He snatched them away, “I used your car.”

“How did you get these? I never handed them to you?”

“You know, it wasn’t that hard to do. You are so oblivious to your surroundings, I can see why Heung Soo hired me. You would be taken in a second.” That ripped a chuckle from the Alpha who was looking elsewhere.

“Excuse me?”

“Yeah, I just took them from your coat pocket. Don’t worry tho, your car is completely fine and dent free.”

Nam Soon’s face contorted into something that was a mix of aggravation and humiliation.

“You better not pull some like that again.”

“I cannot promise that Baby Nam Soon,” The name pulled a full on laugh from the other stylishly dressed Alpha, “I work for that guy. I mean I work for you too, but see, he pays me so if he says I can use your car, I’m going to use your car.”

“BABY?! How dare you?”

“We’re around the same age, but your attitude is way past poor. It’s no better than a baby. Oh and to answer your other question, I’m Japanese.”

Nam Soon’s seething didn't stop Saki, the man took a glance at his watch and he bit his lip.

“It’s almost that time.” Heung Soo finally spoke.

“I know. So why are we standing in the garage like a bunch of idiots?”

Once again, Nam Soon became lost in the whirlwind of the two Alpha’s conversation. What were they late for? Nam Soon found himself being pulled along towards the outside. The chill wind which the garage sheltered him from nipped at his cheeks causing them to redden. Looking around, he finally noticed where they were. The smell of food wafted through the air, chatter of bargaining, and the shouting of vendors trying to sell their wares enveloped him in what he couldn’t mistake for sheer excitement.  He hadn’t been around this kind of atmosphere in about a year and it made him question why Heung Soo allowed it now.  They walked, passing food stalls, clothing and fashion stalls, and jewelry stalls. They were passing all of the best stuff and he couldn’t understand why. Finally, toward the edge of the end of the street, they came to a small stall that no one was attending.

They waited for about five minutes, which meant Nam Soon had to sit through uncomfortable stares and people greeting Heung Soo and barely acknowledging him.

I love your products, they would say or I enjoy working for you, they would comment. Even Omega’s approached the tall, and silent man who only in return nodded and gave a small smile.  Females and make Omegas that stopped would walk away giggling as if they had just talked to a celebrity. Well, technically, he was a celebrity and that irked Nam Soon.

The Omega’s that passed by him sneered as they were mad he was standing close to and he quotes “Their Heung Soo,” unquote. They should be happy to see an Omega with a social standing no matter how much of a lie it was.

Nam Soon eyed the empty stall once again wondering what the big deal was. It was sort of raggedy and it looked like it smelled. He quickly stopped his thought because of no less than a year ago, he looked ragged and smelled. Saki looked at Heung Soo who continued to play to people’s desires of him being a strapping, polite young man who happened to be the CEO of one of the largest Corporations that sold products geared to Omegas. Saki had a nervous energy about him and Nam Soon was still confused as to why.

“Heung Soo, stop flirting and get your head in the game.” The word pricked at Nam Soon. Was that what Heung Soo was doing? He was flirting in front of Nam Soon, his husband? No that couldn't be it. He was just being pleasant because he has an image to uphold. That’s what that was and that’s how it would stay.

“Calm down, do you know what you are going to do?”

“NO! I have no clue! That's why you are going to help me." Saki pointed at Heung Soo.

"Trust me, it will be better if you go by yourself  instead of me.”

“But what if something goes wrong, then I’d be really sad and Baby Nam Soon doesn’t deserve to be protected by someone who is depressed.”

He needed to quit with that name or Nam Soon was seriously going to get angry.

“Everything will go fine, but if you don’t quit kicking me out of nervousness, I will kick your right here, right now.”

Since when did Heung Soo fight people barehanded and why was Saki getting all worked up over a trashy stall?

“I’m not kicking you cause I’m nervous, I’m kicking you because you’re an . But also because I’m anxious.”

Heung Soo gave Saki the evil eye and the other for the most part stopped playing around. Nam Soon was getting quite bored and wanted to go and explore what the other vendors had. He pulled at Heung Soo Suit jacket.

“Can I just leave you two to whatever it is you’re doing?”

Heung Soo smiled. It looked like a genuine smile but his words did not mimic his actions.

“No, we still need to talk, so you can stay right there and look pretty until we get this over with.”

“Are you talking about me you bastard?” Saki interjected keeping his eyes trained on the vendor stall.

“No one is talking about you so just shut up.”

“Heung Soo that hurt.”

Nam Soon folded his arms, what could they possibly have to talk about? About his tantrum in the garage? If you ask Nam Soon that was a warranted tantrum after the blatant disrespect and disregard he was shown. He looked at the bustling street feeling defeated. He really wanted some ramen too.

Finally, after half an hour of waiting, someone appeared to the stall. They gingerly placed a box onto the table and disappeared again.

“Well,” Heung Soo motioned, “You ready to go buy those strawberries?”

Nam Soon’s face fell, “You mean we have been standing in the cold for thirty minutes so he can buy strawberries?” Nam Soon completely totally missed the hidden meaning.

“Yeah, Giichi here has been raving about some strawberries he found but he was too afraid to go back and get them.”

Nam Soon rolled his eyes in irritation, “That sounds pathetic. Why can’t you go to get your own damn strawberries?”

“Because apparently, the strawberries were just so sweet it surprised him. He hasn’t been able to go back ever since.”

The Omega huffed a sigh. If he was dragged just see his bodyguard buy strawberries he was going to lose it.Who the hell was scared to buy fruit?

“We could have gone to the supermarket and gotten fruit.”

“No!” Saki interrupted, “It has to be these.”

The person returned to the stall with a box that had strawberries clearly labeled on it. Nam Soon squinted to get a better look and after almost falling over, he came to the conclusion that the person was actually a young man who seemed even younger than himself. Heung Soo pushed the other male forward and grinned.

“Well, go buy those strawberries.”

 

   Saki gulped as he moved toward the small stall. He felt his normally relaxed muscles tense, his body began to overheat, and his brain turned to mush. What would he say? How would he say it? What if he looked stupid? He glanced back at Heung Soo who only gave a thumbs up. Slowly he moved forward subconsciously holding his breath with each step he took. His gulp was loud and the blood rushing to his head pounded in his ears. This was it. It was now or never or he might never see the strawberries again.

   He paused once he reached the stall standing like a statue. The young man behind the stall didn’t spare him look instead, he spoke his voice sounding like sweet honey to Saki’s ears.

   “Sir, you’re going to need to wait until I finish setting up.”

   Saki cleared his throat hoping to grab the young man’s attention. It didn’t work. The young man continued his work. Placing crates and boxes on the table and in front of it. Obviously, Saki was not wanted and as he was about to turn around, he noticed Heung Soo shaking his head and waving him to go on. He could see Nam Soon’s judgemental stare which urged him to face the young man again.

   “Um, excuse me.”

   “Sir, I just told you that I need to finish setting up before I can help you.”

   “N-no. I mean, yes that, okay, but I wanted to ask if you needed any help?”

   That caused the smaller man to freeze and take a gander at the Saki who was bothering him.

   “What did you say?” This was Saki’s chance if he ed this up he wouldn’t be able to show his face to anyone ever again.

   “I-I noticed all of the boxes in your car and thought you might need help?” He asked for some reason. That hadn’t changed the skeptical look of the other man but it had caught his interest.

   “What? Sir, if you aren’t here to buy anything I will kindly ask you to leave.”

   .

   “Nonono, I do want to buy because I came here, to your stall, some time ago and I thought the fruit was delicious. I haven’t been able to come back in a while and today I came and I saw you with all those boxes, by yourself and so I…” He was rambling and each time a word left his lips the younger man looked at him with even more caution. “Dammit, I sound really dumb right now. I just- wanted to help out.”

Saki scratched the nape of his neck about to return to Heung Soo and Nam Soon before the same sweet voice spoke.

“You only want to help is all?” He nodded, “Well, I guess I could use an extra hand. I still have crates in the back and front seat so…”

Saki’s face brightened at the statement and the young man stepped back almost frightened.

“Sorry, your fruit is really good is all.”

“Mhm, I bet. Well come on, the crates aren’t going to unpack themselves.”

Saki matched the pace of the younger man feeling the happiest he had felt in years. He looked down at the man.

“So you come here every Thursday?”

“I try to but sometimes it doesn’t work out that way.”

“Do you ever have to haul all of your goods back?”

“No, people like them for the most part so I don’t return with full inventory sometimes. Other times I do.”

“That sounds like a lot of work.”

“Yes, it is.”

Saki opened the passenger door and grabbed four crates of oranges. The other looked on a bit surprised.

“Wow, you’re really strong.”

Saki laughed, “I work out sometimes.”

They placed the crates at the shoddy stall. Saki made three trips before all of the fruit was out in the open.

“This may seem weird and sudden, but could I possibly come and help you whenever you come here?”

The young man deadpanned, “Why? What are you trying to get out of this?” He was clearly on the defensive.

“No, I only want to help. I mean if it makes you feel better, you can pay me with fruit.”

The man thought it over. He actually thought it over.

“Having help would make business better I guess. Alright, you’re hired.”

Saki nearly jumped out of his skin. He couldn’t believe how well that had worked. He almost shouted but that just would have meant all his training in passivity went to waste.

“What are you standing there for? Get those crates unpacked.” The young man barked and Saki felt as if he were in heaven.

“Yes, Sir.” He began unpacking the fruits from the crate, “Just so you know, my name is Saki Giichi.”

“You’re Japanese too? That’s so weird, so am I. My name is Hayama Takumi. Nice to make your acquaintance.” He stuck out his hand and Saki almost lost it. They shook hands, “So Saki-san what would you like to be paid with?”

Saki smiled, “Strawberries.”

“Really, those are kind of hard to come by during this time of the year and they are pretty fragile.”

“That’s fine.”

That was all fine for Saki because what Hayama didn’t realize was that Saki was eating strawberries the first time he laid eyes on him. That same day, he fell for Hayama. So just like he would wait for those strawberries, he would wait for the day that Hayama would agree to be his.