Chapter 6

Blood Stained Roses

 

Hey guys first of all, I am really sorry for not updating for a while. Classes are kicking my . Second, I'm not dead yet so expect more updates in the future and I hope you enjoy this chapter. This chapter is a little different; we're getting into the second couple, Tamuki X Gii.


 

Takumi smiled and waved as he placed the last grocery bag into an older man's grocery cart. The old man provided a tight-lipped smile eying him before he spoke.

“Youngman, are you an Omega?” Takumi’s smile didn't falter however,  he returned the man’s not so innocent question with a series of blinks. The older man furrowed his brow not exactly sure if Takumi  heard him, so he asked again.

“Youngman, are you hearing impaired? Are you an Omega or not?”

Takumi had been asked this question numerous times and every time he received the question he felt the need to something. However at this moment, losing his job was not one of them. “Thank you for your patronage and have a nice day, Sir.”

The old man apparently did not like his answer and so as any crotchety old alpha stuck in his ways, he began to cause a disturbance.

“What kind of establishment are you running here! Can't even answer a customer's question? I’ll have you know, I am one of the board members of  ΩMEGA. We sell your disgusting products so you can live a normal life!”

Takumi just stared at the man. Was he supposed to grateful to him? Did the man expect him to fall to his knees and kiss the very ground he walked on? The man didn’t even know his gender, so what in the hell was he ranting about? Takumi looked at the line developing behind the senile old man and was becoming upset that the man was holding up progress.

But isn’t that was Alpha’s do? They hold up progress so no one can move forward with their lives.

Takumi could feel the man’s speech coming to a crescendo. Any moment, the man was about to ask for his manager and then he would have to be called off work to explain how he did nothing wrong.  Just as it was about to hit that point, a large body stepped up behind the man a smile on his face.

“Excuse me Sir, but you aren’t the only one who came here to buy groceries. You’re making all these nice people behind you wait and I don’t think that is a very Alpha thing to do.” The man was calm and seemed to emit a scent that made the old man calm down. Takumi himself felt like he wanted to melt into a puddle on the floor. He felt too relaxed, but he kept his position and continued watching.

“But this young man is being insolent.” The old man stated with a gruff voice.

“How so?” inquired the other man, his brows obviously stating his interest and confusion. Now that Takumi got a look at the man, he seemed familiar. He felt like he had met him before but he couldn’t remember.

“I asked him if he was an Omega and he refused to answer me.”

It was obvious that the man became a little comfortable in speaking knowing that the other person he was speaking to was a fellow Alpha. It gave him a backbone no matter how brittle it was.

The other Alpha’s eyebrows shot up in surprise, “Oh my goodness, are you a government official?”

There was a pause as both the old man looked surprised and confused at the question.

“No. What does that have to do with anything?”

“Oh, well I thought you might have been conducting a census or something. You know you have to ask for social security, name, age, gender, stuff like that.”

The old man was obviously caught off guard and was becoming irate once again.

Takumi could feel the nervous energy in waves coming from the omegas in the line and the apparent irritation off the alphas in the line. He hoped the younger put an end to this debacle soon.

“What in the world are you yapping on about? No, I’m not a part of the government!”

The young man smile grew.

“Oh, so then this young man is not legally obligated to tell you his gender. Is that what you’re saying?”

The old man began to sputter nonsense, his mouth opening and closing like some fish out of water. In all honesty, it made Takumi smile. The old man finally went about his way with a frown on his face and insults flying from his lips. Takumi gaped only for a moment before he registered the items on the conveyer belt and began to scan them. Takumi stole a glance at the man who had intervened.

Should he say thank you or should he just keep quiet and continue doing his job?  The monotonous beeping of the scanner calmed his thoughts. Alpha’s were always a pain to deal with and even though he had to deal with them at his job, his post at the cash register often soothed his mind.  

“Hayama-kun. ...Hayama-kun?” The man spoke in a soft tone pulling Takumi from his trance.

“Yes?” His eyebrows knitted together in confusion. How did this man know his name?

“Hayama-kun, sorry about last week but .some business came up and I didn’t have your number to tell you.” Last week? What was last week? Takumi’s  silence and blank face effectively shut the man up and caused his bright features to turn sour. “You don’t remember me, do you? I guess we did only meet two weeks ago, what reason would you have to remember me?”

Takumi squinted at the man whose eyes were cast at the items in his basket. The man's posture, voice, and eyes seemed familiar but he could place him. Did they meet last week? How was that even possible, the man looked as if he were built like a God. Why would he be talking to him?

The man dug into his pocket and pulled out a wad of yen flipping through the stack getting ready to hand the bills to Takumi. Takumi’s brown eyes roamed the alpha’s face and body. There was a familiarity about the man, he thought back two weeks ago. Where had he seen those broad shoulders, that muscular body, and those kissable lips. ...Woah! Woah! What the hell was he thinking, kissable lips?

No.

Yes.

No!

Hell Yes!

“S-Saki-san? From the open market?”

Saki’s smile brightened once again as Takumi spoke his name.

“So you do remember me.”

“I guess.”

“That makes me happy that you remember me.I still want to apologize for not showing up last week. I had some business to take care of.” Takumi shook his head dismissing the thought.

“You don’t have to apologize. You’re a busy person.”

“That may be true but I tend to be a man of my word and, “ Saki his lips unsure of how Takumi would take his statement. “I want to be someone you can trust.”  Saki bent down eyes level with Takumi who tried his hardest not to stare into Saki’s captivating brown eyes.

An obnoxious cough came from somewhere in the line sending Takumi into a frenzy of trying to regain his composure.

“That will be 6500 yen.”

Saki held out the cash and was soon on his way out of the grocery store. Takumi eyed the man’s back before scanning the next customer's items. Takumi didn’t know why or how, but the man did something to him. Made him feel, what was the word- whole? Yet the man still gave off a dangerous aura.  This was like playing with fire and he had already been burned before, he wouldn’t let it happen again.