Chapter 1

Blood Stained Roses

Hello, I am so excited for this fanfiction because I have been meaning to do it for a while and now here

is the first chapter. I hope you enjoy and don't be afraid to tell me what you think in the comments

below.

See you in the next chapter.

 


     Nam Soon reached his arm across the expanse of bedding only feeling cold sheets. It seemed that the warm body which occupied the space earlier vacated without so much as stirring him and that, for some reason, caused his chest to heave with pain. His slender fingers traced the cool cloth as he tried to tell himself it didn’t matter what the other did but his mind was on the fritz. He inhaled the strong alpha scent and it sent shivers up his spine, but that did not matter. Based on the contract, they would not have any type of intimate encounters. What type of marriage wouldn’t allow that? You would think any alpha would run at the chance to an omega, but this was not the case for Nam Soon. He pulled the satin covers up to his shoulders and buried his head into his pillow. The pain he felt was quickly replaced with an air of apathy. He no longer faced the icy spot and instead thought of anything and everything else.

     A small knock interrupted his thoughts and even though under any normal circumstances, he would race to the door excited to see his friend, he was in no mood to see her today. Kang Joo knew very well when he didn’t answer the door, he was in a sour mood.

     He had woken up in bed alone numerous times but this was just bizarre. What was so different about this time that he felt a tinge of disappointment? He didn’t know but if he had anything to say about it, he wasn’t going to dig any deeper into this new found feeling. So today he would do what he hadn’t been able to do in a long time, mope. He felt no need to get up and face the day; so instead, he would do the next best thing and lay in bed and mope around the extravagant house for the day. Nothing like feeling self-pity in the morning, afternoon, and evening, right?

     Once again, the small raps against his door interrupted his sad thoughts.

     “Nam Soon-ssi, Master Park has asked for your presence in his study.”

     Wow, he had totally thought it was his friend knocking on the door. Then again, the knock was much too quiet and civil to be his rambunctious friend, which meant his bastard of a “husband”- if he could even call him that- couldn’t retrieve him on his own and in turn sent a maid. He grumbled and slipped the covers over his head.

     “Tell him I’m busy!”

      Audibly, the maid paused, weighing her options. On one hand there was the person who paid her and kept her employed and on the other hand was the person who actually treated her kindly and like a human being. It was a little difficult but in the end she knew what she had to do and Nam Soon knew as well. If she did deliver his message, she would get the brunt of the Alpha’s anger and no one wanted to be near an Alpha when they were angry. The knocks returned however, much louder.

     “Please come to his study.”

     “...I thought I told you to go away?!”

     Just as the words left his lips, a sharp bang and the door  ricocheting off the far wall made him fly into a sitting position. His eyes met two very furious brown ones and the next thing he knew, he was gripped by his forearm and being dragged down the hall in his undershirt and shorts. The grip was tight and he knew there would be marks.

     “Let go! You’re hurting me!”

     “When I ask you to do something, I expect you to do it. How many times must I fight with you to get you to perform a simple task?”

      Heung Soo’s voice boomed throughout the house. Nam Soon was pretty sure the gardners heard but a seething Alpha wasn’t going to stop him from pulling at his tightly grasped arm.

     “I said, LET GO!”

      Heung Soo paused for a moment his glare matched with the indignant stare of Nam Soon. He could smell a hint of an omega in distress and just the fact that Nam Soon was trying to hide his slight terror made Heung Soo a little uncomfortable. He loosened his grip on the others arm and practically threw him into the cushioned seat in his study.

     Nam Soon cradled his arm which now held a large hand imprint. It would go away but it wouldn’t get rid of the fact that Heung Soon had never gotten that angry at him where he would leave a mark. Obviously, something was wrong.  He thought long and hard at what could be bothering the otherwise calm and cool man but nothing came to mind. Even if something went bad in the company, Heung Soo would still keep a blank face so what had him this riled up? His inquires kept him from noticing the man who sat one chair over.

       Heung Soo took his seat at his desk and gestured to the man.

     “Nam Soon, this is Saki Giichi, he is your bodyguard.” He said matter-of-factly.

      Had he just said what Nam Soon thought he said? A body guard? He has to stick to this person twenty-four-seven, bodyguard? He can’t do anything by himself, bodyguard? Oh no. He didn’t know what world Heung Soo was living in but it clearly was not the one Nam Soon was in. He stood raising his voice for all to hear.

     “You are not about to stick a bodyguard on me and not have a conversation with me first!”

     “I did and now the conversation is over.”

     “No, it clearly is not.” He pointed an accusing finger at the Alpha, “ I don’t know what world you live in, but I can take care of myself and I don’t need some hot-head to follow me everywhere!”

     That did it. Heung Soo’s anger which had simmered down to irritation exploded into full outrage. Said man stood up and flung a piece of paper at him.

     “What world I live in?! Obviously you are the one living in some ing fantasy land where it’s all sunshine and rainbows!”

     Nam Soon caught the paper and read the heading: Omega of Well known CEO-Missing. He eyed the piece of paper, his brows now furrowed.

     “It no longer matters if you are the Omega of someone powerful and important. Omega’s are being snatched up everyday! The danger is real and for you, the danger is even greater. They are taking marked omegas. What makes you think they won’t take an omega who isn’t marked at all! GET YOUR TOGETHER!”

      Nam Soon's breath hitched each time the other spoke and for once, the danger felt tangible to him. You hear about an omega going missing every blue moon, but for a well know one to be taken was on a whole other level. He crumpled the newspaper in his grip and kept his eyes to the floor.  The man who was sitting across from him kept his face impressively impassive. He only looked forward and blinked every so often. Now Nam Soon felt embarrassed about his temper tantrum in front of the stranger, Heung Soo breathed regaining his lost composure.

     “Now, he is your new bodyguard, you will not fight with me about this.” He sat back in his chair, “ Also don’t forget, you are attending a press conference regarding the newly planted tree near a school in my stead. I expect to hear good things only. Understood?”

      Nam Soon rolled his eyes and scoffed. That meant he had to leave the house which meant he would be going to work. There went his day of moping. He dared a glance at the sitting man who stood and gave a slight bow to which his reply was to saunter away and throw a forceful ‘whatever’ Heung Soo’s way.  

      Saki turned his attention to Heung Soo.

      “You know, I said I would do this as a favor, but he seems like a lot of work.”

      The other smiled, “It’s not a favor if I’m paying you.”

      Saki sighed and stretched, his muscles already feeling tight just from the verbal fight he witnessed, “So, what is your agreement about?”

      “About minding your own business.”

       “I consider it to be my business when someone asks me to bodyguard a brat.”

       “...He really isn’t that bad.”

       Saki eyed the door Nam Soon left out of; if that wasn’t bad, then he needed to see what bad truly was because that seemed a lot like worse to him.

     “Yeah whatever. I’ll see you later.” He took a few steps before facing Heung Soo again, “And don’t forget about our agreement.”