Chapter 8

The Reincarnation of the Red-Haired Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A brunette man stood on the tallest tower in the city where there was a big clock that is powered by magic. Another man sat by the casement of the window and with a boring look, lulled himself while all of his perceptual senses activated. This was a daily routine for the man as he waited there and tried to find new recruits. When he was in his own world, a shadow crept slowly to his side and a voice emerged out of nowhere.

“Mark.” The voice called the man.

“Jiyong, what are you doing here?” Mark asked. He had nicely controlled his temperament to hide his attitude of playing hooky on duty.

“The Marquis has instructed to do your job properly.”

“I know, I know. Tell her that she doesn’t have to worry so much.”

“She is. Because of you, though.”

“Relax. Everything’s under control.”

“Thalia had sensed a fluctuation of magic energy around the city but it vanished immediately when we tried to track it.”

Mark abruptly stood up from his seat. “No way! I activated my senses as usual. There’s no way it could escape my senses.”

“You might be our best in terms of perceptual senses but the powerful had always found their way to feel each other’s presence.” Jiyong’s head appeared slowly from Mark’s shadow.

“Are you telling me that the presence is on par with Thalia?” Mark started to feel anxious.

“It’s your job to find it. Do it properly. Do not shame the name of our guild.”

. . .

 

Jihyo was unaware of the commotion that happened because of her. She silently strode on the street while feeling like a deer in the city. She was absolutely new to the outside world and the concept of city. Crowds and noises were strange to her. After all, she had lived all her life alone and spent a pitiful life, reading only books in the cold castle. She felt happy at the thought of freedom yet was reluctant to feel that she is completely safe. After leaving Varg, Jihyo set off on her journey and found that in Cha Sharia, there was a mage school that would even allow people from various background to enter it. The only condition was the person must have a good aptitude in magic as well as very adapt to certain basic skills. There was a huge roar when Cha Sharia announced the news and some people scorned them for the revolutionary idea. Most of them who did not like the current situation was from the nobility. The commoners were instead very happy with the news as they too could study in a school as long as they have a good aptitude in magic. Most of the people in the world were able to use magic and the thing that differentiates them was the level of aptitude and how many magic power one possessed.

Jihyo was adamant to enter the school. She had been on a journey for about two weeks and finally arrived in the main city of Cha Sharia, Adelaine. From what she knows, Cha Sharia, Varg and Estrus unlike Belliar were supported by the guild system where people found guild and join it. Many guilds were established in Adelaine as it was where the system begun and spread from afterwards. Through the system, the famous guild could hold a voice to the Royal family especially as those with the peerage title. The peerage title will be awarded to those who had contributed to the country no matter to what affiliation a person has. There were five titles in descending order; Duke, Marquis, Earl, Viscount and Baron. The first guild established in Cha Sharia held immense power as their Guild Master is titled Duke and is a Sage.

She walked to the entrance of the school when she felt someone was following her. The shadow was quite obvious, tailing her so closely but she was calm instead. Years of training in the cold castle had frozen her heart to the world’s emotions. If it was not for the memories from before the reincarnation, she would never have held affections of Taehyung.

“Master.” A voice sounded in her eardrums. The sweet voice that only she could hear.

“I know.” She replied mentally. She walked faster, further from the city center into the large crowds in the market.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter