Promise

takane no hana (高嶺の花)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jihyo had called for a meeting. It surely wasn’t anything too serious as we were meeting in her room, and not Momo and Jungyeon’s room.

 

 “Can this be fast, I want to sleep?” Momo slurred in dazed state, only just coming to from her nap.

 

Jihyo nodded knowingly before proceeding, “Since Dahyun has graduated, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to ask if anyone wanted to change rooms?”

 

At first no one said anything, we all just quietly looked around the room. Until an unsuspected voice said, “me” all eyes fell on her. “I’d like to change rooms,” Mina said in her voice that was just a decibel above a whisper.

 

“Why, why, why?” Nayeon instantly asked causing a ruckus, kicking her blanket off sending her dolls flying across the room.

 

“I still can’t adjust to the sleep talking…”

 

“Fine” Nayeon sulkily stated nose scrunched as she collected her rabbits from the floor.

 

“So who wants to swap with Mina then?” Jihyo asked redirecting the conversation away from Nayeon’s grumbling.

 

The room fell silent once again. I for one was happy with the current room arrangements. I liked sharing a room with Chaeyoung and Tzuyu. Although our room wasn’t the largest, or was it the coziest, it was our little retreat. We all slept relatively early, and when we were bored we had our own little dance parties and rap battles.

 

“I’ll swap with her,” Jungyeon volunteered, as no one else seemed to jump at the offer. Momo didn’t seem too impressed by the situation but reluctantly agreed to it for Mina’s sake.

 

“It’s settled then.” Jihyo happily stated with a satisfied grin.

 

“I was actually hoping to swap with someone from Chaeyoung’s room.” Mina said.

 

“Oh”

 

Mina wanted to swap with me. She obviously wanted to share a room with Chaeyoung. Plus it wouldn’t make sense if Tzuyu swapped with Mina, because Chaeyoung and her still had school together. I was the only plausible option.

 

“Do you mind Dahyun?” Mina asked me with begging eyes.

 

“I can’t sleep with noise though.” I lied poorly. My lame excuse was subpar. Mina surely wasn’t going to fall for it.

 

My concerns were for nothing though, as Jihyo the helpful leader came to the rescue. “That’s okay Dahyun, you can share a room with Momo instead.”

 

“I don’t know how I feel about all this change, it makes me uneasy.” Tzuyu interjected.

 

“Let’s just swap rooms for now, as a trial for three months. If it doesn’t work out, or if any problems arise we can always swap back.” Jihyo proposed resolving the dilemma without a fuss.

 

“Are we done now?” Nayeon grudgingly asked still upset with Mina.

 

“Yeah, that’s all I had to say.” It was our cue to dismiss ourselves. Everyone went their own way and resumed what they were occupied with before Jihyo’s interruption.

 

The only problem that I was concerned with was Sana, even though she was sitting opposite me I could feel her rage emanate. She wasn’t happy, but she was trying her best to be discreet. It was time for me to face the music; carefully I approached her bed and sat down on its edge. “Are you okay with me sharing a room with Momo?” I warily asked, as my fingers pensively massaged her thigh.

 

“Yeah” She mumbled aloofly.

 

“Are you sure?” I tried again with a firm voice.

 

 “No, I obviously don’t want you sharing a room with her, let alone sleeping in the same bed.” Sana grumbled confessing her inner thoughts. 

 

“Why didn’t you say anything earlier?” I asked.

 

She sighed. Her hand found mine, and our fingers interlocked, “I don’t want my feelings to become a burden for everyone, I’d rather just talk about it with you alone.”

 

“It’s going to be okay, there’s really nothing to worry about.”

 

“Sure, my girlfriend is going to be sleeping in the same bed as someone that has massive crush on her. Totally fine Dahyun, not a big deal at all.” She exaggerated whilst flailing her limbs, and rolling her eyes. It was quite the spectacle.

 

“You need to trust me Sana.”

 

“You’re right, and I do trust you Dahyun. It’s just hard because I still have the image of the two you cuddling each other from months ago, engraved in my mind.” She admitted ashamed, as her hand pulled away from mine.

 

“Things were different then, I’m with you now. I’d never disrespect you.” I assured her, as I wrapped her in a hug.

 

“I know”

 

“And you know that Momo would never do anything to hurt you either right?

 

“I know,” She repeated as the tension finally left her body, as she came to term with the facts.

 

Since getting back together with Sana, she had changed. She wasn’t the same person that she was once, and it was partly my fault. Her games had stopped, but at the cost of her confidence in us. She had become so doubtful of the authenticity of my feelin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter