You and I

takane no hana (高嶺の花)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“knock knock”

 

Following the soft thudding, the door creaked open to reveal Sana standing giddily happy to see me.  Before my eyes even had the chance to adjust, she had already pounced on my bed. I wriggled lethargically as she buried herself beneath my sheets, as her legs tangled around mine, locking me in. Her arms instinctively encircled around me, as she nuzzled her nose into the nape of my neck. “Morning sleepy,” She whispered, tickling my ear with her breath.

 

“Don’t Sana,” I groaned in protest, as I lamely swatted her away.

 

“Say you love me.” She teased, as she peppered me in kisses.

 

“No, I won’t.” I mumbled, denying her the satisfaction of hearing the words she wanted.

 

“Aw, what’s wrong with my little ponyo?” She asked cutely, whilst pouting.

 

“There’s something I need to know.” I said in a sincere tone.

 

“You know you can me ask me anything.” She said as she caressed my face.

 

“Answer me this, did or did you not try to kiss Tzuyu at the party last night?” I asked fearfully, hoping that she’d said no.

 

“I was just teasing her, silly.” She laughed, whilst my heart faltered.

 

“Don’t do that, don’t belittle me. Just answer the question.” I sternly persisted.

 

“I did try to kiss her, but she avoided it anyway. It’s not a big deal.” Sana answered dismissively, as her fingers found themselves tracing the skin of my collarbone.

 

“Yes it is Sana. We’ve talked about this. I don’t want to play your games anymore. You said you would stop.” I emphasized in great incredulity.   

 

“There’s nothing to worry about, you’ve got my love.” She teased, as she playfully pinched my cheek whilst cradling me.

 

I had reached my breaking point. That was it.

 

“I don't want your love, because your idea of love isn't love at all. It's something entirely different. You treat me no different to the plethora of girls that you parade around.” I fumed.

 

“You're wrong, you're special to me. I love you, no one else, but you.” She tried to convince me, as her arms locked around me tighter.

 

“You don't even know the first thing about love, I can't do this with you anymore. It's over Sana.” I adamantly reiterated, as I shrugged her off.

 

“How can you walk away from this, when we fought so hard to be together?” She questioned in disbelief.

 

“Don't act like you've ever fought for this relationship. You haven't.” I stated angrily, as I could feel the surge of irritation boil from within me.

 

“Don't you love me anymore Dahyun?” She asked in a trembling voice, filled with doubt.  As soon as I looked up to her watery eyes, my anger immediately dissipated. All I could see was the love of my life, at the brink of breaking.

 

“You just don’t get it, do you? Yes, I still love you Sana, I’ll probably always will, but that doesn’t change anything. We’re over.” I told her in a restrained voice, as I too was afraid, that I’d cave in to the heartache.

 

“No, stop saying that.  We’re not over, until I say we’re over.” She cried, as a lone tear rolled down her cheek.

 

 “Think what you what, but I’m no longer yours. I’m not going to let you hurt me anymore.” I determinedly stated, as I abruptly stood from the bed.

 

“Where are you going? We haven’t finished talking.” She desperately pleaded, as she held onto my arm. 

 

“It doesn’t concern you anymore. You’re free now Sana. You and I can do as we please without guilt. I’m finished.” I snapped back harshly, as I tossed her hand aside.

 

And just like that, I walked out. I walked out on Sana, the girl that I loved and had fought to be with. I had no destination in mind, and no true place to hide, but I knew I had to get away from her. The only space that I had access to was our rehearsal room, and that was where I went. As soon as I was out of her reach, my tough façade immediately shattered. I dropped to the ground, completely stricken with grief. The burning tears streamed down my face relentlessly, as I choked struggling to breathe. At last in muffled tears, I watched as my phone continued to vibrate incessantly. The light of her name constantly flickered across the screen, only adding fuel to my heartache. I still loved her, but our relationship was doomed from the start. For the entirety of the three hundred and sixty five days, the total year that we had shared together, not once did I ever feel like she truly loved me, and solely me. I always had to vie for her attention. I always had to compete for her love. My unyielding feelings were always subjected to her childish mind games, which she sought for h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter