Man On The Run

Scintillate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Did you see the guy in all black, Tae?!” I asked him, entirely out of breath from running all the way back to our apartment. “Of course I did! Why do you think I dragged Ji Eun away as soon as I could?” I squinted at the floor in frustration and ran a hand through my hair. Guilt crept up my throat at the fact that I’d now put Yuri and Ji Eun in danger. I'd already put Tae through enough as it was.

“What do you think they want this time?” He questioned as he got up from the couch. “I’m pretty sure they want to take me back.” I sighed as Tae’s eyes grew visibly bigger. “They told me if I donated my blood to them every month they’d leave me alone, but they’re way too greedy,” I gritted out. It didn’t matter how many times I tried to move or dye my hair to look different. They always found me. “I won’t let them take you, Jimin. Not again!” He yelled as he came closer. “You’re my best friend and I will protect you, no matter what.”

“Tae...” I exhaled, feeling the guilt tightening around my throat now, ready to swallow me whole and suffocate me. He came closer and hugged me with such force it took all the air out of me. I laughed and patted him on the back. “I know you have my back, always,” I murmured as my hand ran over the scar on his back. That scar…

“You know, sometimes my scar still tingles. I wonder why?” He speculated, looking at the ceiling for possible answers. “Does it only happen when I’m too far away from you?” I cackled in disbelief as he screwed his face up at me. “I take it all back, I’m leaving you for the taking,” He retorted with a pout. All I could do was giggle in return.

As I continued to laugh along with him, I decided that I could never let anything happen to him or anyone else ever again.

Over my dead body.

 

 

Ji Eun 🌻

Hey, sorry about yesterday!

I thought it'd be more enjoyable if they tagged along…

Forgive me?

10:23 am

 

 

It's fine, I was just a bit nervous.

I survived.

10:23 am

 

Ji Eun 🌻

You seemed just fine talking to Jimin 👀

10:24 am

 

I didn’t have the heart to

separate you two lovebirds. 💀

Who else was I going to talk to?

The ing wall?

10:25 am

 

Ji Eun 🌻

Oh please, you at least in some form like the dude.

It's so obvious.

10:26 am

 

How?

10:26 am

 

Ji Eun 🌻

I see everything, Yuri. The way you stare at him.

Your reactions to him are so cute too.

Are you going to tell me I'm wrong?

10:26 am

 

I do find him attractive Ji, but

that's about it. I don't like him.

How can I like someone I barely know?

By the way, am I seeing you today?

10:28 am

 

Ji Eun 🌻

Okaaaay sure whatever.

I can't wait to say I told you so right in your face. 😝

but yeah, how about after my class, around 6?

Let's get dinner 😋

10:30 am

 

Haha I hate you 😒 okay

10:32 am

 

Ji Eun 🌻

Love you too babe! 💕😃

& good bc I have so many questions!~

10:32 am
 


Of course, I was nervous to tell Ji Eun what she obviously wanted to know. I had thoroughly meditated for about an hour trying not to think about how she'd react about me and my childhood. I wasn’t normal, in any sense of the word. But there was no turning back now.

I was running out of my dorm building with all these thoughts swirling in my head when I bumped into something rock hard. Jesus . Did I run into a pole?!

I stumbled back and glanced up, only to see that I’d run into a person. A living, breathing person. What kind of human had a chest as hard as a boulder?! Plus, his face looked like a fifteen-year-olds, so that didn’t really help. He must be some kind of robot…

My phone began to vibrate in my hand and I looked to see the caller ID read Ji Eun.

Oh. Right.

I stared back up at the doe-eyed stranger. “Ah, um, sorry for bumping into you,” I said frantically as I picked up Ji Eun’s phone call.

“Ji?” I whispered, still standing in place. “Where are you?!” She screamed from the other end. “I’m coming!” I jumped up and began to run again, looking back to bow and wave at the stranger. He gave me a bunny toothed smile before swiftly turning to walk away.

“If you’re not here in 20 minutes I’m eating without you!” Ji Eun said playfully, bringing me back to the situation at hand. “Okay, okay! I’ll be there!” I replied in between breaths, still running at full speed as I hung up the phone.

 

 

I was al

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter