Chemical Kids and Mechanical Brides

Scintillate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Yuri!"

I blinked and came out of my reverie as I looked to my left, my best friend Ji Eun scowling at me as usual.

"What is it?" I say a bit irritated. 

"Don't get mad at me, the only way I can talk to you is if I yank them out of your ears." She began to frantically point at the headphones that were in her hand. "Yeah?! Well, you could be less violent about it and just tap me on the shoulder or something." I sent her a glare as I retrieved them from her death grip. 

"But you haven't even heard what I need to tell you!" Ji Eun always said  like that, making it sound urgent when it really wasn't. I rolled my eyes, already regretting my decision to ask. "What's so important this time?" I glanced at her, barely realizing how flushed and red she was from her face.

Did she run?

"I got my burn mark today. You'll never guess who it is!"

Oh .

"I- Jesus, that's huge news!"

At that point, I was trying to compose my face while trying not to have a full-blown anxiety attack.

"I know! I can't even believe who it is either. It's Kim Taehyung! I used to think he was so adorable when we were little but I never thought he'd end up being my soulmate!"

My mind was swirling while trying to process everything. Kim Taehyung was a wonderful guy and he was perfect for Ji Eun. I never knew she had known him since they were kids though? Was I missing something?

"I'm just so glad he's not a mender! I always had that fear in the back of my mind, you know? I mean, who would want to lose their soulmate to the government like that."

Ji Eun had yet to realize I hadn't said a word.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter