Somebody Told Me

Scintillate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Can't you just be normal for once?!"

"See this icy white eye? I haven't been normal since the day I was born!" Jin shouted that last part to the sky, exuding happy confidence. I couldn’t help but admire how comfortable he was in his own skin.

"Yeah, you're right. I don't know why I have such expectations of you!" My eyes grew wide, waiting for his predictable reaction. "You have a death wish today, don't you?" He snickered, rolling his neck.

Uh oh.

I immediately run for my life, screaming and laughing at the silliness of it all.

He surprised me from behind and swiftly locked me in a tight bear hug.

"I GOT YOU!"

I struggled in his grip for a few seconds, giggling in between tries until he finally let go.

"Jin, why are you so damn tall and strong, I can never w-"

All of a sudden, I felt goosebumps rise upon my skin. The air around me turned cold.

Before I could even turn around, Jin had my hand in his and we were running.
 


Recurring dreams were awful. They were even worse when they were memories you'd tried to bury deep within the recesses of your mind.

It was Monday morning and I was on the bus on my way to class, drowning my lack of sleep in music as per usual. I needed something to fade out all of the raw emotions I was feeling.

I thought I had finally gotten through the worst of it a long time ago.

I felt a pull on my right ear.

"Hey classy lady, thanks for replying to my texts this weekend!"

"Ji Eun, I had the hangover from hell! I don't even remember how I got home. I mean, did I ing crawl? Either way, my toilet and bed were my best friends for the weekend." I put my fingers to my temple, feeling a slight headache coming on. "I'm never drinking again." I slumped further to the left, squishing my cheek into the window.

Ji Eun stayed quiet for what seemed like ages, and then mumbled out something I couldn't really hear.

She was mumbling. Ji Eun never mumbled.

"What did you say? I couldn’t hear you." I questioned, taking out my other headphone.

"I said, it was Park Jimin."

Park Jimin.

Jimin.

JIMIN?!

Orange haired, stupidly attractive leather jacket guy.

I felt fear slowly crawl up my spine.

"Uh, what about him?"

"He's the one who took you home."

I stared at her dead in the eyes and let out a small laugh. She couldn't be serious. Why would she let a stranger take me home?

"I don't even know the guy. He doesn't even know where I live. That's impossible. It must have been Hoseok or-"

"Look, from what I remember, Hoseok had to take his girlfriend home because she started feeling sick. I guess she has a super weak stomach when it comes to alcohol.”

She glanced up at me then began playing with her fingers.

“So, I ended up just giving him your address..." My brows came together in a scowl as she tried to explain. "See, I was so drunk and Jimin looked so concerned for you! I just found your name on my phone and handed it to him." She attempted to crack a smile as if I wasn't raging from embarrassment right in front of her.

Why had I ing drank that day?

Why, why, why?!

"Wait. You- you have my address in your contacts?"

"Well yeah, I can never seem to remember it."

"Wha- I'm- Other than the fact that we've been friends for over five years, just….why him!?”

"You literally know no one else in the group!”

Well, she had a point there.

“Plus, I saw you guys talking when we walked into the club, so I didn’t think it was that much of an issue. What's the big deal? He's a gorgeous human being."

"That's not even the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter