Chapter 6

You Changed Me

"Free? Really?" Those bright eyes stared back at the man who handed him a flyer, in big bold red letters were the words: 'PROMO FREE SANDWICHES FOR THE FIRST 100 CUSTOMERS!' Without second thoughts Yoseob rushed towards the deli, huffing, puffing,

"I hope i make it, I hope I make it!"

It was close to twelve noon by the time Yosoeb was in line; holding the flyer tight in his hands. Pushing himself to tip-toes the brown haired boy looked around trying to see if they crowd in the shop looked like a hundred. Frowning as he could never really tell, he waited and waited in line holding onto the hopes of a free sandwich; patting his tummy as it grumbled. A soft sigh left the boy's lips and he looked up and suddenly his world stopped. His eyes grew wide as he found himself looking right at a guy that looked like his Doojoonie. 

"Doojoonie..." he said softly, bending to the side in order to peek at the man behind the counter serving people with a smile on his face. He looked at peace, carefree; his brows weren't meeting at the center of his forehead anymore unlike before. Not really knowing he was staring, Yoseob managed to note the differences in the other's look and stance since the last that he had seen him. He gained a bit of weight, cheeks filled and he thought that it suited him well. His jaw was still ever so prominent, sharp as it met his chin, the eybags under his eyes were non existent and his hair was well trimmed. The shadow that weighed Doojoon heavily was gone, he stood up straight, confident, with nothing to hide. Completely dazed and taken aback by sparkles in the his former captor's eyes Yoseob found himself caught in his spell. Eyes locked and following his every move, hoping, reeling that he'd turn and look.

"Excuse me, mister! It's your turn!" A small voice broke through his stupor and he shook his head, "A-Ah! Mianhe! Mianhe!" Bowing consecutively before he walked towards the counter. Doojoon was bent over, taking something from under the counter. Yoseob watched him, gripping at his flyer tighter and tighter as the anticipation grew. His throat was dry and he was trying his very best not to launch himself against his former captor that he'd never thought he'd miss. 

For Yoseob it felt like eternity, mirroring that anticipation he felt when the clock started to countdown to New Year, and slowly Doojoon looked up and the man froze. His dark eyes wide as he found himself eye to eye with none other than Yoseob. Suddenly it felt like there was no one around, that it was just the two of them. The chit chat dulled in the background and all Doojoon could ever hear was his heart beating in his ears.

"H-Hi."

Finally words slipped out of Doojoon's lips, his dry lips he took a deep breath, "What're you having?" His composure back, appearing to be serving just another customer. Still in shock, Yoseob blinked at the other, "H-Hey. Chicken please..." It felt weird, painful even that the other wasn't as thrilled to see him or maybe he was just thinking too much. Sighing, Yoseob stepped to the side and waited. Minutes later Doojoon came back with his chicken sandwich, eyes closely watching Yoseob as he passed the bag towards him. 

"Lucky you. You're the 100th customer for the day." He smiled a big toothy, charming smile. "Enjoy!"

Not knowing if he should be saying something, Yoseob swallowed dryly, "N-Ne, thank you." Taking his sandwich he headed out, feeling disheartened or confused or disappointed. Did Doojoon not notice him? Well he did change, the hair was different but he didn't look any different. Sighing, he decided to not ponder much, maybe it wasn't Doojoon afterall and he was just seeing things. 

Doojoon watched the other step out, frowning when he saw how his face fell and that he hurriedly left the place and didn't sit to eat in the deli. 

"Ah, ." He cussed softly as he ran out of the counter and chased after the boy, "Yang Yoseob!"

Convinced that it probably wasn't his Doojoonie, he heard someone calling his name and he turned, at that moment Doojoon was standing right in front of him reaching out to ruffle his hair. "I'll be off in an hour, you think you can wait?" 

And all too easily, that bright smile, that smile that Doojoon was longing for, for so long, appeared on the boy's face. 

"Ne!"

 

 


Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I'm so sorry this took so long to write and it's not anything intersting T___T I'm sorry. OTL

- authernim