Chapter 3

You Changed Me

Morning came, with Doojoon greeting the morning with a grunt. The gun shot wasn't critcal just grazing through a bit of muscle. The glare of the sun leaving him squinting as his eyes adjusted to the brightness of the morning for a while he thought he was face to face to that blonde kid he had dragged along with him. As things had cleared he realized that this time it was the sun for real. For a split second he wished that it was the smile of the kid instead. Really? He shrugged, what was all this crap? With a huff he pushed himself up and found the kid curled up beside him, fast asleep. Like a cat, minus the ears, whiskers and tail. Doojoon had found himself staring. His hand had reached out to gently smooth over his soft blonde  locks; thumb brushing against Yoseob's cheek. The little cat shifted at his touch, somewhat of a soft purr leaving his lips. Damn he was adorable. Again Doojoon shook his head, what the heck was going on with him. It must be the pain. Not long after, his  bright, round eyes opened and he stretched. "Good morning Doojoon-sshi!" He greeted, a smile already on his face as if he'd been waking up by his side all the time. Pushing himself up and sitting, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. 

"How are you feeling? Does it hurt? Are you feeling better?" Curious, bright eyes looked at him. He sounded like he cared, like Doojoon and him were close. All this had the thief slightly forgetting the situation they were in. That he was a criminal who deserved none of this care and attention; and this kid an innocent hostage. 

"I'm okay kid," was Doojoon's soft response. "Yoseob, may name is Yoseob," a hand already stretched out for a shake. Doojoon's eyes looked down at the hand then back at the kid. His eyes hovered over his messy bed hair, to his eyes, button nose, lips; he wondered if this kid was for real. "Why would you shake hands with a thief?" Shaking his head, he moved to get up. He had work to do. Though his back was turned, Yoseob's lips curled into a frown. His hand dropping onto his lap, fiddling with the edges of his snuggie. "I don't think you're a bad man, you don't look very bad, you feed me and gave me a place to sleep in, you didn't kill me and you don't hurt me." His voice came out as some whimpers, similar to how a puppy would cry when you ignore them.

"I have my reasons. You were given a second chance don't be annoying if you don't want me to change my mind." Yoseob just nodded at Doojoon's stern and cold reply. Arms wrapping around his snuggie, tightening. For a while there was silence before Yoseob reached out and tugged gently to the ends of Doojoon's shirt. "I want to go home Doojoon-ssi." Doojoon turned to look at him, eyes softening at the sight of Yoseob's sad face. "You can't. I can't risk anything. Sorry Yoseob." It was the first time Doojoon used his name and he looked up at the taller man, a slight pause then followed by a nod.