Chapter 5

You Changed Me

 

Seasons changed, time passed and things changed. A year and a half has passed since that incident with the Yang family and his son being abducted by a still unknown criminal. That night he had come home Yoseob was into a series of psychological tests and therapy and he didn't complain but he kept to his word. No matter what the doctors tried, even to the point of hypnotism, they got no name or face. It was the least Yoseob could do, or so he thought, for someone who had protected him. The very image of Doojoon standing in front of him, using himself as a shield to protect Yoseob was etched into the now brunette's mind. It was the lasting mark that drove him to keep searching for Doojoon. To figure out if he got out alive, to know if he was even alive.
 
Yoseob had changed since that incident. Well a year and a half had past and he grew up just a tiny bit. Still he had those round, wide, dark eyes and he still looked much like a kid but he wasn't lugging his blanket around, nor did he look like some weak, scared boy anymore. But though he had changed quite a bit, that lasting warmth and that feeling of comfort he could never shake off stayed. The effects of that man on him never changed.
 
"Doojoon-sshi. Where are you?" He muttered as he looked up at the clear blue sky, his hand over his eyes to shield him from the bright rays of the sun.
 

 

Just right under the same sky, a man was looking up at the bright blue sky above him as well. Appreciating that today was a good day. A lot of things has changed for him, not really a lot, but everything had changed. From his job, his life...and even is name. 

 
"Neh, Joon-ah! Break's over let's get back to the shop!"
 
He looked back and nodded, getting up from the bench he was sitting, brushing the crumbs of the sandwhich he had for lunch. He turned and looked back up at the sun, eyes closing and just enjoying the warmth and even moreso the face that was etched in his head that resembled the sun. That golden haired boy, with big bright eyes and a smile. "Mmm. You must be smiling right now." He muttered before he turned and made his way back to the cafe.
 
A new life. Call it luck or an extra life but ever since that day, one and a half years ago he was finally able to run and hide from the life that he used to live. He had kept tabs on the Yang  family, saw the golden haired boy grow up just a tiny bit. His smile still looked brighter than the sun and though his hair had changed it didn't make him shine any lesser. Though he kept his distance, with how things ended up he didn't know if the other ever wanted to see him again. Doojoon was just afraid that maybe, Yoseob would have a mental breakdown if he saw his captor again. Besides, the guy looked pretty happy and well, there was no reason to show himself anymore and ruin that.
 
 
But fate has its way. Who knew that a simple piece of paper would lead the sun to its waiting admirer. That conicidences happen and surprises happen when both least expect it. That all along their paths were meant to cross again.