Chapter 4

You Changed Me

 

Doojoon decided to stay home on that day. Recovery was important, lounging around Yoseob finally left his room to go make food. It didn't take long. All they had was ramyeon anyway. "Here," a bowl set in front of him, chopsticks rested on top of the bowl. Settling beside him after, immediately slurping up his own bowl of noodles. There was a comforting silence in the air for a while until Yoseob decided to cut through it. "Who hurt you? Why'd you get shot?" Only slurping of noodles came as a reply from Doojoon, so Yoseob didn't ask again. "Got into a fight, got found out then got shot. Job, well if you call this a job, its not exactly easy or safe." A furrowed brow formed on the younger ones face. "Then why do you do it? If it is dangerous and tough why do you do it? I mean isn't doing it for the money kind of useless and well, not worth it?" For Yoseob it was beyond his logical thinking. Why put yourself in harms way just for money? There are a lot of decent jobs out there. Doojoon scoffed, "Cute." He looked over at the other still his face was close to blank. "I don't have much a choice. I would probably not be here if I wasn't in this job. It's ."

Again,  silence hung over the two men. Yoseob still had his brows furrowed trying to put two and two together. Suddenly soft chuckling broke the lake of silence, Doojoon's index finger reaching out to gently push the spot where the blonde's brows met. "It'll stick that way if you keep doing that." Eyes widening, Yoseob slowly turned his head towards him. It was the second time he touched him. 

"What are you looking at?"

Just when he said that armed men in ski masked barged through their door and Doojoon scrambled to his feet, grabbing Yoseob's arm and pulling him towards another room. "Stay there." It appeared he was followed after getting back from the skirmish the other day and here they all were trying to get was was his? Wait did he just say that this little golden haired boy was his? Pfft, really now. He grabbed the nearest gun he could pick up hiding away in some cabinet and started firing some rounds. he had no choice did he? He hated using his gun but if he wanted to....protect?

Suddenly a familiar call of his name resounded in his ears and he ran. He ran as if his life depended on it, He threw himself at the man who was grabbing Yoseob as the kid called out to him and knocked him out. More cusses left Doojoon's lips as he stood in front of the shaking Yoseob, using his full body to shield him, to protect him. He shot a couple more guys on the legs to disable them  before turning to face the other.

"Listen to me." He said sternly as he held Yoseob by the cheeks. His thumb brushing over the naive boy's soft cheeks. "Run. As fast as you can. Just straight ahead and you'll find yourself in a busy market place. Find a cab and go home."

Yoseob's eyes widened at his words. Home? He was setting him free? But why? "Doojoon-sshi...b-but what about y--" He was cut off, "Now's not the time to think about me! Just...you never saw me, you never knew me. Go!" With that he got up and acted as a decoy.

Large eyes followed him wanting to ask more questions ,wanting to know if he'll be okay. But he wasn't given the time to be concerned with that Yoseob found the very last ounce of strength he could get and ran. He weaved through the market place and out into the streets where he found himself a cab. He was going home. Finally. Yet there was this pounding feeling deep inside that Doojoon wasn't going to be okay. He pressed his forehead on the car window and let out a sigh. 

"Please be okay..."

 


Author's Notes:

Sorry it took so long I hit a writer's block and got busy with work and all. But I hope this is a good update >< reviews and comments are greatly appreciated. ><