Chapter 1

You Changed Me

It was a just another day. For others it'll be another waking day filled with routine, responsibilities and obligations. Everthing and everyone lived in this shade of gray, all except one. He skipped happily, his blonde hair seeming like an extension of the sun's rays extending its reach to humanity; a smile projecting the very warmth the sun could give. Ah, it may be just be another day for anyone but for this teen, it wasn't just another day. For him, it was another day to be thankful for.

That was hours ago. 

Right at this moment there was no sun. No bright sunny smile. He held on to his blanket, something he was able to drag with him before this man had taken him. A reminder of home, the only place he could call comfort. They were in this old shabby house by the outskirts of the city. It wasn't an appealing place to be, nor did it look safe and all the more was he afraid. Though he was forced to go with him, Yoseob sought the criminal's hand for guidance. At least he knew what he was doing and he didn't look scared at all. 

"I'm thirsty." His voice soft, too soft even that the man pacing back and forth didn't even stop. He figured he didn't hear so he said it again, louder this time. The guy stopped and stared. Eyes piercing right through the blonde. The boy trembled which was followed by a soft whimper and then without a word the man left. A sigh left the boy's lips and he looked around, his lips were dry and all that running a while ago had left his throat craving for a refreshment. He didn't know what he was going to do now or where he was going to go but he didn't dare run away. Not with a guy like that who'd shoot him without second thoughts.

Doojoon left the room, shaking his head. This kid really, was he 10 or something? He had made his way to the other room oddly he found himself searching for something to drink for the boy. He'd been worrying. He'd never taken a hostage before, he shouldn't be taking hostages. This was messed up. What was the boss going to say? What if they find out about this kid with him? What was he going to tell them? 

. He was in trouble. 

He returned to the room, in his hand a bottle of water. The blonde's eyes shifted to him right away, fear creeping in as he sat himself down and hugged the blanket he had brought with him. By his feet rolled a bottle of water and he looked up at the man who was watching him but then shifted his gaze away from him. Yoseob took that as a sign and he immediately picked up the water, pausing to see if the other was going to pounce him but there was no movement so he opened it and took a sip. Eyes still watching the man on the couch as he drank. The water quenching his thirst and because of that small gesture Yoseob smiled.

"Thank you." Again there was no response nor was there any reaction. "I said, Thank you!" His voice louder, more cheery which finally made the man look up. Doojoon looked back at the blonde, curious of what kind of kid this was. He was already kidnapped and yet he had the heart to say thank you just for the bottle of water. He merely nodded as a response and that satisfied the kid.

"Do you want water? What's your name?" Yoseob asked, all too innocent. Doojoon raised a brow at him, there really must be something wrong with this kid.  He just shook his head. For a while there was silence, until suddenly the thief answered,

"Doojoon."