Yugyeom

Death and Dying (A Got7 fan fic)

Yugyeom runs as fast as his legs will take him, jumping over rocks and other obstacles in his path.

He can’t slow down or else he will pay with his life.

He doesn't know how he ended up in the middle of the grasslands of South Africa being chased by two cheetahs and wearing someone else's clothes. He would certainly never buy the outfit he's currently wearing for himself. He has on a pair of jorts, a striped button down shirt, a random brown vest, and for some reason one boot and one sandal.

What has his life come to? Why is he in South Africa in the first place? These are questions he may never know the answer to.

Hearing running water ahead of him, Yugyeom speeds up. If he can reach water he can lose the two cheetahs chasing him. Although he is uncertain how the two cheetahs haven't caught up with him yet. Cheetahs are supposed to be the fastest land animal. Who would have thought he could outrun a cheetah? No one will ever believe this story... That is if he lives to tell it.

Upon reaching the edge of the cliff (when did it become a cliff?) Yugyeom stops and looks down. Water spills from the cliff glittering in the sunlight. It would have been a beautiful sight to look at if he wasn't running for his life.

Turning around Yugyeom spots the two cheetahs approaching. He has two options: be eaten by cheetahs or jump off of a cliff. He doesn't like the idea of being eaten and has never been the best swimmer. Neither option seems great.

Yugyeom takes a deep breath and prepares himself.

“O Canada! Our home and native land!” Yugyeom begins to sing.

What the.. What am I singing? Yugyeom thinks.

The words fall seamlessly from Yugyeoms lips:

True patriot love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!
From far and wide, O Canada,
We stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land, glorious and free!
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee;
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

The two cheetahs circle each other, watching in interest as Yugyeom belts the Canadian national anthem. Before he can start the second verse the cheetahs growl a guttural sound from deep within their throats.

Yugyeom takes a step back dangerously close to the edge of the cliff. He reaches into his jacket pocket. Wait... since when had he been wearing a jacket? He wraps his hand around a bag pulling it out he discovers what looks to be a bag of catnip mixed with something else. Shrugging he tosses the bag of catnip at the cheetahs hoping it prevents them attacking him. Before he can toss the catnip to the ground an invisible force propels him backwards.Suddenly he finds himself staring at the clear blue sky as he falls backwards off the cliff. Rather than panic he feels himself relax as he falls to his doom. As he approaches the water below he closes his eyes preparing himself for the impact.

Yugyeom opens his eyes to see the familiar ceiling of his dorm room. Yawning he reaches for his phone to check the time. Upon realising he slept for the majority of the day. Yugyeom stretches and gets out of bed. He hears his stomach growl and realises how hungry he is. He should find something to eat. Rubbing his stomach absentmindedly he opens the door to his room. In the hallway he discovers Jinyoung. The elder has yet to notice Yugyeom. Yugyeom begins to question why Jinyoung is standing in the middle of the hallway looking sullen when he notices the tears streaming down the elder's face. What would make Jinyoung cry like that? Yugyeom questions. He takes a step back into his room closing the door Yugyeom crawls back into bed and closes his eyes. He can’t get the image of Jinyoung crying out of his head. He's never seen the elder cry before. Yugyeom lays in the dark with his eyes closed. He feels sleep clawing at his mind and briefly wonders if his dream will continue where it left off.