Mark

Death and Dying (A Got7 fan fic)

“Okay! After I pay for these I’ll be done!” Eric Nam said to Mark, holding a large stack of colorful clothes in his arms.

 

“Are you sure? You’ve only said that five other times today?” Mark asked with an eyebrow raised questioningly.

 

“Pfft, don’t put words in my mouth,” he joked as he made his way to the cashier.

 

Mark watched from afar as Eric chatted with the clerk. He was always impressed with how outgoing the man was. Eric could meet a total stranger who had no similarities with him and end up carrying a conversation with them for days. He didn’t seem to care what other people thought about him either, and Mark couldn’t help but envy him a little.

 

Once Eric was done paying for everything, he turned back to Mark with a warm smile. Mark’s heart melted at the sight, in fact he was pretty sure that it melted everytime the man smiled at him. To have someone look at him with so much affection, devotion, and passion gave him the best feeling in the world. He definitely had the best boyfriend ever.

 

That’s right. Eric and Mark were dating. Their relationship began about a year ago, when Eric confessed to him after shooting an episode of ASC. Mark still didn’t know why the man had developed feelings for him. Mark barely talked and looks could only get him so far, but for whatever reason the two of them ended up as a couple. Things were going great for the two. It didn’t take long for them to fall in love, and then they got engaged.

 

“Alright Mark, we can go now.”

 

The redhead was still doubtful that the shopping spree was over, and it must have showed.

 

“No seriously, I’m done shopping” Eric said reassuringly, “Are you hungry or something? We can go to the food court for lunch”.

 

Mark sighed in relief and happily nodded to the other at the mention of eating.

 

“Okay,” Eric exclaimed joyfully as he moved all of his shopping bags to one arm and held Mark’s hand.

 

Mark felt his face heat up at the action, still not used to the physical contact.

 

Eric noticed the slight blush to Mark’s face and giggled “Are you still getting flustered after all these months?”.

 

Mark looked away embarrassed, “No, it’s just because there are so many people here and we’re keeping our relationship a secret and all. What if someone recognizes us?”.

 

“Is that why you’re wearing that ridiculous outfit?” Eric questioned, giving him a once over. The redhead was wearing all black with a hat on and his hood up.

 

“Why else would I be wearing this?”

 

Eric shrugged, “I just assumed you were going to break into someone’s house later”.

 

Mark jabbed the brunet with his elbow playfully, causing the two to break out into a sea of shameless giggles. Mark stopped after a while, realizing how stupid they must have looked. His thought was only confirmed as he noticed the people around them giving them strange looks. He was about to tell Eric to stop too when he noticed someone else through the crowd of people.

 

It was Bambam and Jackson!

 

Mark immediately took off into a full sprint in the opposite direction, dragging Eric with him.

 

“Hey!? What’s going on Mark? The food courts the other way!” he heard Eric question him, alarmed by the strange behavior.

 

Mark ignored him until they reached a bathroom. He then let go of Eric’s hand and made sure that the bathroom was empty. It was.

 

“Mark. What’s gotten into you?” Eric asked, concern evident in his eyes.

 

“I just saw Bambam and Jackson in the food court! I don’t know if they saw us or not though. That’s why I ran. Eric, they can’t find out!” Mark rambled in a panic.

 

The brunet was still confused by the younger males explanation though. He took a small step towards Mark, looking kind of sad. “You mean they don’t know about us?”

 

Mark shook his head, “I can’t tell them. I don’t know where they stand on the whole boys liking boys thing. Plus, none of us are supposed to date right now anyway. We belong to our fans.”

 

“But aren’t you guys like family? Shouldn’t you be understanding of each other and stuff?” Eric asked.

 

“I’m not really sure,” Mark murmured.

 

“Then is it because you’re ashamed of me?” Eric asked, looking at Mark with watery eyes.

 

“Shut up, Eric! You know that’s not it!” Mark snapped, hurt that the older male would really think that way.

 

Eric smiled a little at Mark’s response. He actually really liked it when Mark told him to shut up. It brought back memories of before they were dating, back when they just started doing the Markson show.

 

“Okay. I understand your reasoning. If you want us to be a secret then that's fine for now. But I do disagree with you on one thing”, Eric said, stepping even closer to the younger male.

 

Mark was thankful that Eric was able to understand his point of view, but his happiness quickly shifted to confusion. “You do?” Mark asked, sounding surprised.

 

A sly smile appeared on Eric’s face as he closed the distance between them. He wrapped an arm around him possessively as his other hand pressed against Mark’s chest lightly. “You don’t belong to your fans” he said in a low whisper, “You belong to me.”

 

“That sounds so cheesy,” Mark teased.

 

Eric’s alluring display faded as fast as it had arrived. “You didn’t think I was y?” Eric asked with his lower lip sticking out in a cute pout.

 

Mark was about to reply when his phone went off. He dug his hand into his pocket to retrieve his cell. He had received a text from Youngjae.

 

I’ll be at the dorms soon! Sorry I’m running late. ):

 

“Oh man! I’m sorry Eric, I have to leave. I completely forgot I was going to help Youngjae with his English.”

 

Eric suddenly pulled him into a tight hug, “No! You can’t leave me yet!” he mock cried.

 

Mark removed himself from the embrace and gave his fiancée a quick peck on the lips. “I love you, baby,” Mark said sweetly, making use of his favorite pet name.

 

Eric smiled, “I love you too, dimsum.”


Mark fought the initial instinct to smack him across the head. That nickname just wouldn’t go away.