Jinyoung

Death and Dying (A Got7 fan fic)

The lifestyle of an idol could be described in many words, but for Jinyoung only one word comes to mind--stressful.

He had to wake up early, practice singing and dancing, go to an interview, practice more, occasionally go on a variety show or perform a concert, practice again, and then go to sleep only a couple hours before sunrise everyday. Needless to say it was exhausting.

Today had been an extremely rare day because the group’s schedule was completely clear. Jinyoung didn’t know what the others were doing with their day off, but he had made sure to use his time wisely.

He slept in until mid afternoon. When he finally woke up he was devastated to discover what little time he had left in the day. Luckily, it didn’t take him long to choose how he wanted to spend his evening. He decided to go see a movie at the cinema.

Sadly, the only movie that was playing around that time was a romantic film. Junior was a hopeless romantic anyway, so it wasn’t a major disappointment.

He was too embarrassed to let anyone know where he was going, so without a word he left the dorm and walked to the nearest theater. He got his ticket, ignoring the weird look the guy behind the counter was giving him, and then proceeded to order some nachos and a soda.

The movie itself was very cliché. It was overly sappy and plain predictable. Yet it still brought Jinyoung to tears.

Junior didn’t cry because the movie was depressing. He cried because it reminded him of his own love life, or lack thereof.

For the past year, Jinyoung has been in love with someone, but he has been too afraid to confess for multiple reasons. First, the person was the same gender as him, and he wasn’t sure if they were gay or not. Second, the person was in Got7, too. He knew that if things were to go badly, their friendship could be ruined, and everything would be awkward with the other members. Lastly, Jinyoung was afraid of rejection.

For months he had been satisfied by watching his crush from a distance but dreaming of something more. After a full year of this, Junior needed more. He couldn’t survive solely on fantasies anymore. He wanted the real thing.

He wanted Mark.

He couldn’t help it. He wishes he could control his feelings, but he just can’t. Junior was head over heels in love with his hyung.

It was hard not to fall for the redhead, what with him being perfect and all. Mark’s funny, good looking (understatement), smart, energetic, hard-working, sincere, tough, caring, and the way he always bites his lips is excruciating!

Then, whenever Jinyoung would go out of his way to ignore the way he felt, Mark would always drag him back via skinship. Junior had lost count of the times Mark had randomly kissed him on and off camera. He loved it of course. His skin would tingle for hours after being caressed by Mark’s soft, gentle lips. Junior also lost count of the amount of times he kissed Mark back, disguised as revenge of course.

The hardest times for him were when they’d end up alone together. The energy between them was always so relaxing and enjoyable. They would talk for hours about the most meaningless of things and neither of them would even care. Their laughter would fill the air and Junior would get lost in the older boy's eyes. His heart would start beating faster and he would wonder what it would be like if Mark loved him, too.

Jinyoung was standing outside the dorm, lost in thoughts, when everything changed in his mind. He was done hiding his feelings. He didn’t care about the consequences anymore. He was going to confess to Mark!

Junior walked into the building with confidence.

He couldn’t wait to get everything off his chest, and find out if his dreams could be a reality. It would mean the world to him if he could finally hold Mark’s hands, hug him, kiss him, and love him openly after waiting for so long.

He opened the door to their dorm room and looked around.

Nobody was in sight.

“Maybe they’re in their rooms already,” he whispered to himself.

Shutting the door behind him, he made his way to Mark and Jackson’s shared bedroom. Working up his courage once again, he knocked on the door.

When no one answered, he took matters into his own hands and opened the door slowly. He flipped on the lightswitch only to realize that the room was indeed empty. Sighing heavily, Junior walked into the bedroom. He made the quick decision to wait in the room until Mark returned so that he could finally confess.

Junior stood in the center of the room for a little bit, until his eyes landed on Mark’s bed. Jinyoung fidgeted nervously, wondering if Mark would mind if he layed there for a while. He eventually realized that way of thinking was ridiculous and threw himself lazily onto the mattress.

He rolled around for some time, trying to get really comfortable, when he felt a strange bump from beneath the pillow. He lifted himself into a sitting position and set the pillow aside to reveal a small black box.

Jinyoung felt a little uncomfortable at this point, feeling like he was invading Mark’s privacy. In the end, his curiosity took over and he picked the box up gingerly. Upon opening the lid, a small piece of paper fell to the bed sheets.

Jinyoung reached for the paper, noticing a message written on it.

My love for you is endless. 
E

After reading the strange note he looked back to the contents of the black box to see a silver ring with a diamond band resting inside.

The objects fell from his fingers at a sudden realization.

“It’s an engagement ring,” he said to himself.

Junior slowly got to his feet and walked out of the room. He could feel his heart shattering into a million pieces.

“Mark is engaged.”

He was so stunned he didn’t even notice the tears streaming down his face.