Finding Out

You and Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I lied down onto my mattress and let out a long sigh. I smiled to myself remembering the events of that day. The day I finally accepted it.

It had been a couple of days since then and Chanyeol always made sure to check up on me. Every time he would text me I giggled. What is he doing to me? I asked myself.

“Hehe” I giggled to myself and blushed thinking about what we did.

I let out another sigh, but this time, it was full of content. I loved every moment I spent with him, he made every moment special. His bubbly and childish personality was refreshing. I smiled thinking about when he had slipped on his way out of the shower.

My eyes started to shut because of my drowsiness, I was starting to drift off into the land of dreams.

A knock interrupted me though. I opened my eyes and smiled, Chanyeol? I thought. I got off of my mattress and made my way over to the door on the far side of the room.

I put my hand on the door knob when I smelled it. I gasped. My hands started to shake and I started to breath more heavily. Funny how just a scent can send everything tumbling down into a spiral.

Mother.

“Baekhyun? I know you’re in there. Open the door and welcome your mother.” She said sweetly.

I turned the door knob and opened the door while keeping my head down. “Hello, mother.” I said politely, “Can I get you anything?”

She walked into my apartment. Her heels clicked against the hard concrete of the room, making the otherwise silent room noisy. She kept her head held high and her back straight, her head turned from side to side. Her emerald eyes were flying from left to right and her long hair was swishing.

She was judging the room. None of my family had ever been here before, they had never cared enough. Now that she was here I felt self-conscious about my space.

“I like your apartment.” She eventually replied, “Its dull, ugly. Like you” She said turning to me.

“Thank you.” I said bowing, making sure not to lift up my head.

“Well? Get working on the food. Didn’t I teach you manners?” She said annoyed.

I immediately turned towards the kitchen and started to make something she would like. It was a small list of things though; she was a very picky eater.

I heard her heels click while she walked over to the couch and sat down. I tried to hurry my cooking so not to keep her waiting.

“Ahh” I whimpered quietly, I had cut my finger in my hurrying to finish.

I ran it under some water and took the prepared plate out to my mother. I walked over to where she sat and leaned down to let her pick out some food. After she had picked it I set the plate down on the coffee table.

“I came here for a reason, Baekhyun.” She stated, “I wouldn’t come here if it wasn’t something important.

I nodded my head in understanding.

“Your brother is getting married to his mate this weekend.” She said looking over to me, “I expect you to be there.”

“Yes, of course mother.” I replied.

He’s getting married? I didn’t even know he had a mate. I thought, why did no one tell me? I was also planning on how to tell Chanyeol. He’ll be angry that I won’t be bringing him.

“So buy a suit and try and at least look presentable.” She said standing up, “Do not forget, Baekhyun.” She said slowly looking at me.

I nodded my head standing up as well. I walked behind her to the door and said goodbye. When the door was closed, I leaned against it and sighed. Sliding down it, my thoughts were racing.

“Oh well,” I said standing up, “I will think about it in the morning.” I decided. I didn’t want to think about meetin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter