Letting go

You and Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I awoke to the sound of crickets. Looking outside the window I saw it was still night, sighing I tried to go back to sleep. As I closed my eyes, I was met with voices. Voices and images, images I would rather forget. I suddenly felt like I was being suffocated. I gasped for breath but, I found myself drowning. I tried to open my eyes but, as soon as I did all I saw was black. There was no light and I couldn't even make out my own body.

I tried to reach my hands out, for something, anything. My hands were flying all around me but, there was nothing. I was met with air. There was a weight on my chest, the remaining air left my lungs and I thrashed out at the weight sitting on me. I flung my hands out, I scratched and scratched, I screamed my lungs out.

I felt liquid dripping down my chest, there was pain but, it was faint. Maybe it wasn't my blood or maybe it was the adrenaline, I didn't know. My eyes were getting hazy and I could tell death was not far. The pounding in my head was so loud and the slowing of my heart scared me.

Is this the end? Is this how I die? Tear ran down my face at the thought. Why? A few nights ago I had wanted this, what changed?

My eyes finally closed and i felt the last puff of air leave my body. My heart stopped beating and the pounding was nonexistent. My body still was falling deeper and deeper. I no longer had control of anything, it was so dark and so cold.

I felt my lifeless body hit the ground. I couldn't open my eyes but, I knew what would greet me. Darkness. Pure darkness. Nothing was around me, no light seeping through, no life

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter