Mate

You and Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Baekhyun!” I heard a voice shout, it seemed so far away. The voice seemed like it was at the end of a never-ending corridor. “Baekhyun, please!” It shouted again, it was still as far away.

Murmuring, shuffling, cries.

What is going on?

A soft smell made its way through, it smelled like dark chocolate. It was an inviting smell. It was the only thing that didn’t seem dead and cold.

“Baekhyun,” a low voice called out, “Baekhyun, can you hear me?”

Yes, I wanted to say, I can hear you.

“Baekhyun, please” the voice sounded sad now, “if you can hear me just, just do something.”

I want to, but I can’t.

I tried to open my eyes but they seemed too heavy.

I tried to move my arm, my leg, anything, but they felt too numb.

“Baekhyun, answer your alpha.” The voice spoke again, “Please.” The voice broke trying to get the word out, it sounded so broken so, defeated.

I wanted to whimper, to somehow please the voice. I wanted that voice to never be sad again, I wanted to fix whatever was making it sad. But, I couldn’t do anything.

“Baekhyun, my mate,” it was whispering now, “please don’t leave me.”

Never, I will never leave you.

I was angry now, why can’t I move?! I wanted to scream in frustration, is this what you want?! Is this your plan?! Just let me go! Let me go, let me go. Please. I broke down, please.

“Please,” I whimpered, “Please.”

“Baekhyun!” The voice called out, “Thank god, Baekhyun!” I was enveloped into an embrace, it was warm and inviting, just like the smell.

I opened my eyes and looked up. It was Chanyeol, my alpha. My alpha. I smiled, he’s not mad. I closed my eyes once again, until I felt something wet. I looked up at him and saw his tears.

I reached out to wipe them away. I didn’t want him crying, I didn’t want him to be sad.

“Don’t cry.” I whispered, “Please, don’t cry.”

He looked down at me with an unreadable face. We sat there for moments just staring into each other’s eyes.

Until he decided to pick me up and run outside of the hospital.

I faintly heard a voice, that seemed like Kyungsoo, calling out about how I should be taken care of in the hospital. But Chanyeol didn’t seem like he heard or if he did, he just didn’t care.

I rested my head into the crook of his neck and sighed.

I didn’t know where we were going but I didn’t care. I felt safe with him and that’s all that matters. I trusted him to not take me somewhere I didn’t want to go.

 

                                                                               

 

 

I didn’t realize I had fallen asleep until I was opening my eyes to see the sun disappearing into the horizon. I turned my head the opposite way to see the stars appearing, finally able to show their beauty.

I looked around to see where we were but all I saw were trees. Although we were surrounded by the thick underbrush, Chanyeol seemed to know where we going.

We came upon a clearing soon, a clearing I recognized.

It was the tree he took me to when he showed me himself. Where I showed him myself. Where we trusted each other.

He finally put me down next to the tree and stood back. I didn’t need to turn around to know he was showing his true self once again. I stood looking at the beautiful tree for a few moments before I too shifted.

I turned to where he was lying down. I walked slowly over to where he was and lied down in front of him.

He started to my snout and I smiled in my head. I rolled over on my back and showed my neck. He got up moved to stand above me, he started to my neck and playfully bite.

He soon got off of me though and moved to the side. I rolled over onto my stomach and looked to where he was. He was looking at me while moving his head toward the forest.

He wants to run, I thought. I chuckled and ran past him, he howled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter