Finale

Woodland | Taeny

She kissed Tiffany. Yes, she did, so what? It's not like the first time she's kissed someone but it sure feels like that was the case. She didn't plan to steal that kiss but Tiffany was really testing her patience. She liked Tiffany, that was something she no longer denies but she haven't thought of kissing her yet. Now that she did, as much as she hates to admit, she does not regret it. Like one bit.

Her nearly feet no longer seemed as a problem to her as she trudged silently back to the cave. It hurt yes, she was certain blisters would mar her feet however, her lips ached more. She raised a hand to her lips and glanced at Tiffany at her side before reluctantly dropping her hand back to her side.

"Ahem." She coughed loudly since the awkward silence was turning painful. From the corner of her eyes, she saw Tiffany turn her head to look at her.

"Hm?"

"What?"

"Oh, nothing, I just thought you wanted to say something..." Tiffany trailed off and clamped a hand around her other forearm, before rubbing it up and down.

"Uh, yea, I wanted to say something."

"If it's about what happened just now, don't." Tiffany quickly cut her off and Taeyeon's eyebrows knitted quizzically.

"Why?"

"Just don't." She saw how Tiffany's ears turned scarlet and she could fathom why. A laugh formed from deep within and bubbled out from her lips unwillingly. It wasn't her boisterous laugh, more like a subtle chuckle of amusement.

"What? What's so funny?" Tiffany paused her walking and faced Taeyeon, her brows angling down in displeasure.

"You, turning red. I'm sorry, I won't laugh again." Taeyeon bluntly said and crouched down to pick up a long stick.

Tiffany stayed silent and they resumed walking again. If she was doing this much walking a week ago, her legs would fall off but now, she's grown quite used to it. So many have changed.

She hit her stick at a plant that was in their way and eyed Tiffany.

"You know, I've kissed other people, but kissing you, I feel like it was my first." Taeyeon spoke, and it's a miracle she wasn't blushing. But anyways, she rarely blushed. She wasn't usually the shy one. She was the blunt, straightforward one most of the time.

"W-what?"

"You heard me. I know you did." A small smile crept onto her face. There were little confessions blooming inside her heart and she's just planning to say them out one by one for Tiffany to hear. She was in the mood, but actually, she just wanted to enjoy Tiffany's reaction to each of her words.

"Really?" Tiffany squeaked and Taeyeon nodded, a hum coming from .

"And you have the prettiest smile ever. The way your eyes turn into slits, you have an eyesmile that's just dashingly beautiful." Taeyeon professed.

"Oh, and when I kissed you, your lips, they're so soft, you know?" Taeyeon rubbed the back of her nape and looked up from the ground to see no one by her side. She was talking to herself.

"Huh?" She swiveled her head back and saw Tiffany standing erectly a few meters behind her, her face the darkest hue of red.

"Hey?" Taeyeon called out and suppressed a smirk.

"And you're also really cute. Especially right now." She saw how Tiffany's eyes widened a fraction and she turned a little redder. opened, ready to laugh when a thunder roared up in the sky. Both of their heads looked up in mere surprise then to each other.

"We should quicken our pace." Taeyeon's eyes squinted at the dark sky and she frowned. It was perfectly blue just now.

"Let's go." She took wider strides and behind her, she could hear Tiffany almost jogging. Another thunder cut through the grey clouds and painted the sky.

"Taeyeon!" Tiffany grabbed harshly at her hand and pulled her around. She was met with wild eyes as Tiffany pointed to a bush.

"It moved! Taeyeon, it moved. Something is behind it." Taeyeon mentally winced at Tiffany's forceful grip on her arm. She aimed her gun at the bush and walked backwards slowly, with Tiffany behind her. No other movements were detected and the sky has already began weeping lightly.

"Run." Taeyeon whispered as a rush of cold air blew passed them, sending chills down her spine. If the sky turns completely dark, it'll be harder to find their way back. Things were turning worse as huge droplets of rain came tumbling down into the silent forest.

Her heart sped up, although she didn't know why. She had a bad feeling about this, and the loud thunders scared her as well. Then, she heard something that made her blood turn into ice, and her heart stopped beating. A sense of déjà vu washed over her and based on Tiffany's face, she heard it too.

Beside her, Tiffany slowed to a stop and she did too.

The way their fearful eyes dug into each other, they were trying to ask if they really heard it, or was it a trick of the wind.

"Hey! WE FOUND YOU, it's good you guys are still alive! Our boss wants to see your dissected heads!" A voice raged through the woods and this time, they heard every word clearly. It wasn't a trick of the wind.

But Taeyeon couldn't see. Her heart jumped to then plunged back to the pit of her stomach. A chorus of wicked laughter echoed from every angle of the trees and her hand went for Tiffany's.

Her orbs frantically went from trees to trees but only see darkness. Her feet root to the ground, as her head turned from sides to sides, her chest heaving unnaturally hard. If it weren't for Tiffany pulling her to run, she would've stayed like that until she was found.

"Where are you? You rascals, spread out and find them!" Taeyeon's blood pumped in her ears, the voices, they were so near.

"Tiffany! Where are we going? Which way? Which way?" She hissed under her breath and Tiffany just keep running without answering. She felt her left foot landed hard on something sharp and a jolting pain zapped through her left foot, up to her whole leg.

A strangled cry ripped from as she clenched her teeth hard.

"Taeyeon! What's wrong-"

"Keep going! Keep going! They're near!" Her pupils dilated in the dark as she sensed a set of thuds against the ground. It was their footsteps. She pushed Tiffany to continue running but they were a fraction late. Behind her, one of them burst through, holding a torch, a snarl etched on his face, his eyes red and big.

"FOUND THEM!!" He howled like an animal, as Taeyeon and Tiffany zapped between the trees like Usain Bolt, maybe even faster.

"Shi! They're onto us!" Tiffany cried out and sped up, pulling Taeyeon with her. Taeyeon however, only in her socks, found it a hundred times harder to run. Not to mention her foot was bleeding and to hit her wound against the ground everytime, she was close to falling into oblivion.

"Are you okay?"

"NOO?" Taeyeon's tone went up as grunts left painfully. But she never stopped running. From behind her, that guy was still running, although quite far. By now, the sky was ripped apart as water fell down like crazy. It was raining like cats and dogs on a day like this, was it God's way to mourn both of their death?

It got harder to see, to navigate their way but Tiffany knew where exactly to go.

got real when a loud noise overpowered the boisterous rainfall and a bullet whizzed past Taeyeon's arm, it's golden tip grazing lightly at her elbow. The acidic rain soon covered her wound and her skin burned.

"Faster!" Taeyeon screamed and another bullet came but this time, she wasn't so lucky. It hit the back of her thigh, drilling into her flesh. Her legs buckled and she fell down into a puddle of water. She never imagined what being shot was like, but she guessed maybe this is how it feels. It wasn't painful at first but then a huge wave of pain overwhelmed her and she no longer felt her lower half of her body.

"Taeyeon!" Tiffany yelled as she failed to hold Taeyeon back up.

"Tiffany, m-my leg." It was just then that the girl seemed to notice her badly bleeding thigh. Even in the dark, Taeyeon saw how Tiffany's face turned as white as paper. Behind them, the men were closing in and Taeyeon shut her eyes, welcoming her death when she felt Tiffany slid her palms into her armpits and dragged her away from the trail they were going. She left Taeyeon behind a heavy set of plants and Taeyeon could only watch as Tiffany went out again, to wash away Taeyeon's blood stains of the ground with her hands. The rain was a huge help.

Taeyeon tried to call Tiffany back but she couldn't speak. It was like her vocal chords were severed. Her vision was filled with blotches of green and brown as her thigh ached tremendously. Finally, Tiffany came back, her palms cradling Taeyeon's face. Her eyes hovered over Taeyeon's injured thigh.

"Taeyeon, I'm not ready to die, and you're not ready to die. Close your eyes and mouth tightly for me ok?" Taeyeon whimpered and nodded. She then felt Tiffany burying her with dirt and mud. In the distance, voices were heard and Tiffany's actions sped up. Her face was partially covered in dirt and her lips and eyes remained perfectly clamped. They were under a tree, so very little water could wash away the dirt on Taeyeon.

Tiffany finished burying Taeyeon, so she was about to bury herself as well but based on the voices, she has no time. With adrenaline pumping through her veins, it's amazing how she could just climb a tree right on the spot. She climbed up a few branches until she was around 3-4 meters off the ground. Her hand clamped hard around Taeyeon's gun as she leaned flat against the tree. Her eyes watched the subtle budge by the tree, which is Taeyeon. She had piled a lot of dead leaves on top of Taeyeon, so it'll look less obvious.

Then, she finally saw them. There were around five of them, and they were all armed. Instead of heading forward, they managed to stop just below her tree. Her eyes fixated intently at them, her lips mouthing a prayer.

Please don't look up. Please don't look up.

"We can't lose them again. Our boss would feed us to his tigers." She heard one of them say.

Who is your boss?

She needed to distract them. But she wanted to know who their bosses were. However, it was too dangerous to keep them here. They might look up anytime soon.

"G, you fired two shots. Did it hit?" The biggest one of them all asked, his voice deep and low.

"I don't know. I think it did."

She cut one of the tree's fruit and with slightly trembling hands, threw it to the exact opposite direction. The rain had faded a little and her plan succeeded when one of them heard the fruit land.

"Did you hear that? This way!" He shouted and the rest followed suit. However, one stayed. His head swiveled around and Tiffany cursed mentally. She spit a strand of wet hair from and waited. Finally, he ran after his comrades. Tiffany slammed her back onto the rough surface of the tree and sighed loudly. Then she remembered something.

"Taeyeon!" She bolted into life and got down with extreme difficulty, nearly falling to her death. She jumped to the ground and wiped all dirt from Taeyeon. She ran her thumbs over Taeyeon's face as Taeyeon spit some out from . Her hair was matted with dirt and so were her cheeks and neck.

"Taeyeon! Taeyeon, open your eyes. How's your leg?" Tiffany hugged Taeyeon's face.

"Urgh, what do you think?" Taeyeon meant for it to be strong but her voice was just air.

"We need to get back to the cave, it's safer there, and your bullet, your bullet, I," Tiffany trailed off, noticing she actually doesn't know what to do.

"Damn it!" She growled and the rain turned heavy again, showing no mercy to the two isolated young women, as well as turning the ground beneath soft and mushy. She draped Taeyeon over her back and Taeyeon's hands hung down lifelessly.

"I feel like I'm going to die anyways, Tiffany." She croaked into Tiffany's ear and Tiffany sprinted under the rain.

"Shut up, you, Kim Taeyeon. Say that again and I will drop you off so you can die for real." She screamed over the rain and her eyes caught sight of a slanted mark on a tree. It was her doing.

This is the right way.

She ran and ran, and burst into an open where her foot stepped on nothing, making her tumble down a declining hill. She rolled onto a ground and Taeyeon grunted in pain. Despite her muscles hurting, she looked around and saw the familiar creek. Picking Taeyeon back up, she found the cave and dropped Taeyeon off gently. She watched Taeyeon and not knowing since when, her cheeks were drenched with salt water. She thought it was the rain but it was her own tears.

"Taeyeon?" She hovered over Taeyeon and cradled her face. Droplets of tears landed on Taeyeon's face and her eyes opened.

"Please don't cry." Taeyeon muttered softly, Tiffany could barely hear.

"Hey, didn't I, I tell you you look ugly when you," Taeyeon paused and her eyes squinted shut.

"Stop talking-"

"When you cry?" Taeyeon pushed herself to finish, although her voice cracked. That only sent more tears streaming down her face.

"Hey," Taeyeon started out again but never said what she was supposed to say because she was crying as well. Tears slid down from the corner of her eyes, as her eyes squeezed shut, her lips pushed together in a tight line.

"Taeyeon, please, I'll find help."

"No." Taeyeon said, loud enough for Tiffany to hear. "If I die, I want you here when that happens."

Hearing that, Tiffany's head shook violently, denying that fact. She searched for Taeyeon's duffel and ripped out a shirt.

She ripped out a strand of cloth and tied it around Taeyeon's wound. She knows she should extract the bullet but she can't. She didn't know how. She had a knife yes, but she knows for sure she can't bring herself to take the bullet out that way.

"Please stop the bleeding." She mumbled as she tightened the knot.

"None of us will be dying. Kim Taeyeon do you hear me?" She said through her tears and Taeyeon smiled sadly.

"I'm cold." She said and Tiffany immediately covered her with shirts.

"Kim Taeyeon! Answer me. DO YOU HEAR ME?" She screamed, her voice rough and raspy. She wailed and her hands clutched onto Taeyeon's shoulder.

She put her forehead against Taeyeon's chest and begged for Taeyeon to answer, to promise but Taeyeon did none. All she did was mumble how she was cold.

Her tears soaked up Taeyeon's chest and Taeyeon found enough energy to bring her palm up to caress Tiffany's head. Tiffany took hold of Taeyeon's hand and pressed it to her lips. There was another reason why she was bent on coming here, somehow, she still has hope that someone would come for the both of them. However, that hope was faltering.

Dear Lord, please help us. Please help us.

Soon she was saying her prayer out loud, against Taeyeon's hand.

"Please hear this prayer, I beg you." The thunder above cackled, as if to answer 'no' to her prayer. She looked at Taeyeon, and realized the girl was watching her, her eyes dazed, her lips blue.

"Thank you." It was so faint.

"What? Taeyeon, stop speaking too much!" But she saw Taeyeon's lips move again however, her voice was blocked out by a set of firing echoing through the area. Little did she know, that was God's answer to her prayer. He heard her after all.


A/N: Author is religious.