Back in town

Woodland | Taeny

A/N: Ok, so I changed the previous chapter a little bit. Taeyeon, instead of saying 'I love you' it's 'Thank you.' Because I figured out who says I love you to someone they've just met? Not realistic, nuh uh.

Plus, I can't believe I updated twice in one day too! This is insane! But oh well, I'm too hyped up to finish this fic. But stop it right there, this chapter isn't the final chapter. I would probably be gone for half a month because EXAMS, and hopefully, I'll be back with the epilogue! I'm thankful enough to squeeze enough time to write another chapter for ya'll! 


The multiple shots of firing silenced her sobs but fastened her heart beats. She felt sorry for her heart, for it to withstand such drastic changes of tempo.

"T-Taeyeon? Did you hear that?" Her voice was low and soft. She pulled Taeyeon's lifeless body deeper into the cave, until they reached the shallow end. It was still raining mercilessly outside. The gunshots died down and her heart began to do so as well when another set broke out, longer this time.

Like a dying bird, Tiffany brought her knees together and her palms interlocked to pray. How useless was she right now? But there was no alternatives to this situation, was there?

Her plan, her feeble plan she had planned didn't work. It was stupid of her to think it would work, but that was the last drop of hope she possessed.

"Taeyeon?" She looked at Taeyeon who already had her eyes shut. Alarmed, she pressed her ears to Taeyeon's chest and listened for a trace of heartbeat. It was there, was very faint though. It was enough to keep Tiffany going though. She then noticed something.

Why would their be gunshots unless the men are just shooting blindlessly for them? They must be stupid. She dug her face into her knees and tears dropped everytime she blinked.

She heard a voice whisper, almost into her ear. She heard it clear despite the heavy rain.

Listen.

So she did. Her ears strained, blocking out the rain. That's when she heard voices, but not near her ears but from the distance.

"Tiffany!" Her eyes widened tremendously as a loud gasp escape from her lips. No matter how far she was, she would never mistaken that voice. The voice of her father. With her heart racing once again, she screamed.

"Dad?!" She staggered to her feet and ran out of the cave, the rain beating onto her face.

Her head turned from one direction to another directiona, her hair and her shirt clinging to her skin.

"DAD!!" She screamed so loud her voice cracked and burned. Not hearing a response, thinking it was only her imagination, she wailed and kicked the floor like a baby.

"Tiffany!" A few men burst from the trees and jumped down. She looked up and there he was, leading a group of men. More tears came from her eyes as her legs took her to her father. She's never been relieved. She didn't know what to feel, exactly.

"FANY! Baby, are you ok? Are you hurt? Where's Kim Taeyeon?" Her dad's hands cradled her face as he searched for wounds. He pulled her into a hug and never let go.

"We were so worried, we were so worried Tiffany, thank God, thank God."

"In here!" One of the men called out from the cave and carried Taeyeon out. Tiffany then kind of snapped out of her trance as she broke free from her dad's grasp and clung onto him, her arms shaking violently.

"Dad! Taeyeon, she's hurt, help her please don't let her die! Help us out from this hell! Dad please please save her!" ran on like a broken tap as her dad calmed her down.

"You're safe, she's safe. Baby girl, calm down." He kissed the crown of her head and pulled out his walkie-talkie.

"We found our daughters. We will head to the cars now. I repeat, we found the girls." He said and the device cackled as a voice came through, the signal cutting the voice into dissected speech.

"What?! How's my daughter?"

"She's injured, but it's not fatal, don't worry."

"INJURED?! Our team will go to where the cars are now as well. I'll leave team A to handle the gang."

"Keep them alive so I can blast their heads off."

Tiffany went to Taeyeon's side and held her hand.

"Taeyeon, they're here! They're here to help us, please don't let go." She kissed Taeyeon's forehead and it didn't go unnoticed by her dad. He didn't say anything though.

"Ms. Tiffany, climb onto my back." One of the men said and Tiffany obeyed, feeling everything depleted from her system. She released Taeyeon's hands as she climbed onto the man's lean back and they ran forward. From behind, more gunshots were heard.

She wanted to ask what was happening back there but she couldn't bring herself to speak. Her dead eyes land on Taeyeon, watching Taeyeon's head dangle from the man's arms that was carrying her.

On the way, another group emerged from the trees and took Taeyeon.

"Taeyeon! Damn it!" A man's voice cursed and Tiffany could tell it must be Mr. Kim. By the time they reached a road, Tiffany's eyes were halfway shut. However, she didn't fail to see an ambulance, it's siren wailing as clauses of blue and red blind her. She was gently placed on a car and despite her draining body, she sat up to see from the dark-tinted windows of her family's Mercedes, Taeyeon was being carried by her father into the ambulance as it drove away in haste, it's siren echoing in her ears.

She slammed herself back onto the black leather as the car's door opened and her dad came in. That was the last thing she saw before her eyes shut completely, noises of her dad's loud talking fading into the back as oblivion seeped in.

Finally.


She woke up to white blinding light. The first thing she saw, was her mother.

The first thing she heard was the soft beeping of a machine. Her eyes closed again, as the sound merged easily with the thudding of her heart. She was on soft fleecy bed sheets. She felt safe. She felt warmth.

Something she hasn't felt for so long.

Her eyes opened again, and this time, her sight was no longer blurred. Everything was clear, the white curtains, chairs, ceiling and nothing seemed clearer than the smell of medicine that intruded her nose.

"Mom..." She croaked and moved. Immediately, she regretted it. She regretted speaking as well as the surface of her inner throat seemed to bleed and burn. She coughed loudly, and it only aggravated her headache.

Damn it, I feel terrible.

Her mom must've been sleeping because as she coughed, her mom's head got up and she gasped.

"Tiffany! You're awake! Oh darling!" She threw herself onto Tiffany and she winced at the weight. There was so many things she wanted to ask but was killing her.

"Water." She said through difficulty and her mom immediately sprung up to get water.

"Here, baby." She helped Tiffany drink and placed the cup on the table.

"Baby, I'll go call your father!" Her mom jubilantly signaled with wide hand gestures and before Tiffany could react, she whizzed out of the room. The water calmed down her headache and she finally got the chance to see the needle and the tiny tube of clear plastic connecting from her upper palm to a bag. She was in a hospital, no doubt.

How was Taeyeon?

Shortly after her mother left, her father barged into the room, with nurses behind him. He had tears in his eyes and so did her mom. It was almost comical and Tiffany would've giggled if it weren't for her splitting headache.

"Oh I'm so glad!" They both came to hug Tiffany and she smiled.

"Let me look at you!" Her dad held her at an arm-length and inspected her with a wide grin.

"How are you feeling? You remember us right?"

"Dad, yes." She managed to chuckle at her dad's preposterous idea of thinking she's got amnesia.

"I need to call your grandma and your Godmother to tell them you're awake!" Her mom left the room for the second time, with the nurses, leaving her and her dad alone.

He smiled lovingly at her as his hands caressed her hair.

"Dad, how's," she paused to wait for the headache to subside.

"Taeyeon?" He finished for her, as if he could read her mind. Tiffany nodded.

"I see you've gotten close to that Kim right?"

Tiffany left her dad's question hanging in the air and her dad took it as a yes. He said nothing more about it though.

"She's doing fine. Haven't woke up yet, the last time I checked her. However, the surgery for the extraction of the bullet was successful although she'll have to ride on a wheelchair for some time."

Tiffany's ears perked up at the mentioning of wheelchair.

"Not forever right?"

"The bullet fractured her bone, but it will heal, The doctor guaranteed it." His eyes smiled as he said it.

Tiffany sighed and gave him a smile again.

With her most momentous question out of the way, she fired her minor ones.

"How long have I been asleep?"

"Two days."

Not that long.

"Did you catch the ones who did this?"

"Yes, we did." At her question, her dad's eyes turned dark and stoic.

"What happened that night Tiffany? What exactly happened?"

"I was driving from Jessica's party when a car followed me. I called for you and mom but nobody picked up and eventually, they followed me to the street out of Seoul and my car ran out of gas. I took the option of running into the woods and I bumped into Taeyeon." She explained.

"Who are they?" She asked her dad and he shook his head.

"They won't answer. We are taking them to court next week, and the police is working their best to squeeze out who ordered them."

Tiffany stayed silent and another question came up.

"By the way, how did you...find us?"

With that question, something lit up in her dad's eyes.

"The four legged duck." He answered simply and Tiffany's face broke out into a huge grin.

"Oh my God, dad, it was such a far shot-"

"But it worked." Her dad cut her off. He laughed as he crossed his arms against his chest.

"You young lady, you're pretty smart, drawing something no one could possibly comprehend but me. At first glance, I know it was your doing, since no one draws a duck with four legs, but I didn't get my hopes up. However, when I saw a second one, I finally placed the puzzle together. We followed it and when we saw a creek, we knew we've hit the jackpot."

"I had no choice and doing that, I thought I was insane, you know. It was crazy, I thought it would never work but what else could I have done?"


"Daddy! Look! I drew a cute little duck!" A six year old girl jumped up and down as soon as the door of the huge mansion open.

A young man crouched down, getting the paper from his beloved daughter. Upon seeing his daughter's doodling, he burst into very loud laughter.

"Darling! Your duck has four legs!" He said and Tiffany pouted, puffing her rosy cheeks out.

"So what? I like it better that way!" She placed her hands on her hips and furrowed her eyebrows. (That sass was evident since her early childhood.)

"Okay okay, but baby! Your drawing is so nice! Teach me too!" The man said and dropped his suitcase onto the ground for the maids to collect.

His daughter and him crossed their leg on a sofa as they drew on many more four-legged ducks so they can stick in on the refrigerator.


"I knew that you would recognize it." Tiffany said and they both looked at the door as her mother and two other women followed behind. They hugged her (more like crushed). They retracted and shoved boxes of food into Tiffany's face.

"Darling, Miyoung, I brought your favorite eel soup!" Her Godmother chirped.

"And chicken porridge to soothe your body!" Her grandma said in a singsong manner. The room was filled with a few more people, her uncle and aunt as well.

"This calls for a celebration!" Her mom said and Tiffany grinned, however her mind was always stuck with someone. When it was dark, her relatives left, leaving only her mom since her dad had to attend a meeting.

"Mom, can I go see Taeyeon? Where is she? She's here right?" She said from her bed and her mom stopped putting the containers into a bag. She looked at Tiffany and softly nodded.

"Mom, do you know why dad hates the Kims so much?" She asked her mom and she sighed. She's never really asked about this before since she's never really cared, until now.

"I don't know. You should ask your dad about this." They kept walking through the slightly empty halls of the hospital. Taeyeon was in the west wing, where more severely injured patients were placed.

"Erm, can I be friends with Taeyeon? Can everything just end, because if it wasn't for Taeyeon, I'd be dead by now." She feebly asked with hesitation, her hand fiddling with her coat that draped on her white thin clothes.

"I...think that will be fine. Anything you want darling. You've went through so much and if Taeyeon really did help you, we're in debt of her." Her mother pulled her to a stop and they stood outside of a room.

"We can't go in right?"

"Only her relatives are allowed."

Even if just standing outside of the room, looking at Taeyeon through the clear glass, it was enough to calm Tiffany. Her eyes glazed over Taeyeon's figure, taking in Taeyeon's serene face. Her face was scratched in a few places and Tiffany noticed she was the same.

From outside, she saw Taeyeon's mom asleep on the couch, with a maid beside her, asleep as well. Her leg was hidden underneath a blanket and Tiffany wished she could see her leg.

The awake girl stayed still, staring into the glass for a long time, a smile grazing her face.

They made it, they were alive and it was crazy to think how quickly things happened. One minute, she was on the brink of giving up her soul, the next minute she was hear, in a hospital feeling so safe.

Taeyeon, we made it.

As the sun rises the next day, her family picked her up to bring her home and she was surprised with a welcoming party. It was insane, and surreal, seeing all the faces of her friends and relatives she loved dearly.

However, she never heard from Taeyeon again. The day she decided to go to the hospital to pay Taeyeon a visit, the girl had already left the area. Rumors had it the Kim was awake but she never saw Taeyeon again. Some said Taeyeon's parents had taken her to Europe for medication. She wanted to visit the Kims but wasn't sure if she would be welcomed.

Thousands of newspapers published, reporting the successful rescue of the two almighty families' daughter and her life gradually turned normal again, except for the absence of someone whom she missed dearly.