Heels gone

Woodland | Taeny

"What? You haven't found anything yet?! But they must be somewhere in the forest!"

The buff man blinked once and clenched his strong jaw as he stood rigidly before the raging man. They weren't the only ones inside the wide study room but none of the others had said a thing after hearing his empty report on the missing young women.

"This isn't good. This isn't good."

"Of course it isn't good Kim! I don't need you to tell me that." The old man barked and the other man looked hardly at him, probably questioning why he was even in the same room as his life-long enemy.

"We are trying to find our daughters right now, I recommend we work as a team. Honey, please calm down." A woman with copper shoulder length hair stood up and laid a hand on her husband's shoulder.

"Our daughter Tiffany can survive. And she will survive. Have some faith in our daughter." Although she says that, inside, she was praying to the Lord above every second for her child's safety. She knows she was just feeding herself lies for her daughter had never even cook anything for her entire life and has very low pain tolerance. Plus, she knows very well how her little girl is exceptionally afraid of bugs of any type.

"She will survive." She whispered again and swept her eyes to the Kims who were a little bit more composed than her and her husband, although they were just probably weren't showing. Mrs. Kim, had cried though earlier this evening and her red puffy eyes were still visible. She recalled the woman mumbling about it being her fault although she wasn't sure why.

It was so hard to persuade her husband to join forces with the Kims. However, she did succeed after questioning him whether he loved his pride or their daughter more. Being together as one will fasten the rate of finding the two girls. But as she stared at the room, the two families were just there, well, to just be there. No sharing ideas, only a few words exchanged.

"What do we do? We can't just stand here!" She frantically looked at her husband then everyone.

"We'll search again. I'll bring more men and I've already contacted my friend who's the head of the police department in Seoul. He and his men are on their way." Mr. Kim said and stood up.

"Have you guys come across any water ways or such in the woods?" Mrs. Kim questioned one of the men that was previously sent to the woods to collect data and he shook his head.

She nodded and bit her lip thoughtfully.

"Try to locate any stream or such. Because if I were them, I would find a water source." The middle-aged woman paused and everyone could almost hear the gears in her head turn. "And if they are really lost, they won't go far from a water source." She finished hesitantly and looked at everyone one by one seemingly to confirm whether everyone understood her.

"Yes ma'am." They all saluted.

"Well then let's go." Mr. Hwang ordered and opened his drawer to take out a black pistol.

"Where are you going?" His wife stopped him from taking steps further, worry flashing in her grey orbs.

"To save our little girl. Stay here with Mrs. Kim." He attempted to walk but Mrs. Hwang's grip on his shoulder tightened.

"You can't."

"I should, I must, and I will." He made a final statement before giving her a drained smile. However, his wife refused to let go.

"Be safe, and promise me you will come back in one piece."

"Correction, one piece plus Tiffany." His eyes smiled halfway but his wife's didn't.

"Promise me."

"I promise." He hugged her with one arm and pushed his lips to her hair before moving away.

He walked to Mr. Kim and and raised his brows.

"I'm coming with you."

"Hell yes, you are Kim, we will find whoever did this and I will kill them myself."


Her eyes fluttered open with difficulty but all sleepiness dissipated as she realized her head was lying on someone's lap, her face facing the fire. And her heart skipped beats when she noticed that, that someone was Tiffany.

She stayed still, her left cheek flushed against Tiffany's lap. She relished the feeling of Tiffany's warmth seeping through the fabric to her cheek. She savored the smell of Tiffany's strawberry scent. She took delight in Tiffany's soft fingers ghostly hovering over her upper arm. In her head, she replayed what had just happened a few moments ago again and again. Like was it just a mere unrealistic dream that Tiffany had planted a kiss on her shoulder blade? Were the confessions they made even real? Were they all dreams and she had just woken up from it? But then, why was her head on Tiffany's lap like this?

She wanted to move but froze when Tiffany moved her fingers and buried them into her hair. Her entire heart melted like warm butter as Tiffany played with her hair and ran her fingers along her scalp then down to her cheek before gently touching Taeyeon's lips and then going back to her hair.

That gesture made Taeyeon want to grin so bad but she managed to keep a straight face and played dead.

Had she been doing this all night?

The pleasurable sensation made her want to sleep again but it's her turn to take watch. She didn't want Tiffany up all night. After counting to 30, she moved and immediately, Tiffany's fingers halted.

"Hi." Taeyeon turned her head a little and watched Tiffany's reaction.

"O-oh? You're awake? Since when?" Tiffany retracted her fingers and a light blush fanned her cheeks. Was it really a blush? Taeyeon couldn't really tell from the yellowish light the fire was giving.

"Since you've touched my face."

"How are your rashes? Still itchy?" She tried to change subjects. Taeyeon smiled inwardly at the attempt and shook her head.

"Have you been playing with my hair all night?" She could tell Tiffany was taken aback by her straight forward question.

"I was bored. I'm sorry if I woke you up. You can go back to sleep." Tiffany said quickly, obviously embarrassed. Taeyeon knows but she said nothing. She didn't turn her head to sleep but rather just gazed up at Tiffany's face for a long time, her fingers locked on her stomach.

"What?"

"Nothing." Taeyeon's lips lifted a little at the corner and one of her canines appeared, glistening in the dim light.

Tiffany stayed silent for a minute as she fixed her eyes on the blazing fire. "Stop staring at me." She finally said.

"Why?"

"Why?" She echoed and thought. Yea why?

"Because it's weird. Go back to sleep." She commanded and Taeyeon just shook her head lightly, her hair splayed across Tiffany's lap.

"I can't sleep. I might as well just take the watch." Taeyeon suddenly got up and tied her hair into a pony tail. She positioned herself against the wall and watched as Tiffany lied her head down onto her duffel.

She watched the girl silently for a few seconds before she inched closer to the lying figure and softly tugged the bag away from underneath Tiffany's head.

"What are you doing, Taeyeon?" Tiffany lifted her head and furrowed her eyebrows. Taeyeon stayed mum as she lifted Tiffany's head a little higher and slipped her thigh underneath her head.

"Letting you sleep on something much softer and warmer." She stated the obvious and smiled hard at Tiffany who had a difficult time making coherent words.

"Hm? What? Just sleep." She spoke when she saw how Tiffany was looking at her with big dark brown eyes. Reluctantly, the girl closed her eyes and Taeyeon instantly brought her fingers to brush Tiffany's bangs. And damn it her hair was soft.

"You think people are out there trying to find us?" Tiffany's voice surprised her. She stopped all movements and stared straight ahead.

"Yes. You?" She then resumed her hand movements and brought her gaze down to Tiffany.

"Hm, but what if they don't find us?"

"That's bull. They will somehow."

"What if they don't?" Tiffany's eyes opened and locked with Taeyeon's.

"Then...then we find our own way out, look, stop worrying too much. Tomorrow, we'll start venturing more into the woods and try to find a way out."

"And what if we run into those people that are after us?"

"How about what if we run into our parents' men?" She raised her eyebrows and shook her head. "Let's not be so pessimistic Tiffany. Just think of it this way, if our time is up, then it's bound to be up, I mean consider yourself lucky, you get to die with me." She chuckled.

"Don't say that!" Tiffany pinched Taeyeon's wrist and frowned.

"But really though, I'm scared, so scared, Taeyeon."

Hearing that, Taeyeon badly wished she could say the opposite of what Tiffany had just said. She wished she could say she wasn't scared and that everything would be fine. However, she couldn't bring herself to tell lies that big. She knows well that everything was not okay. She was also scared. She was also afraid they'll die in this haunted woods, unknown and not found. Therefore, she just stayed quiet, leaving Tiffany's words hanging in the air without a retaliation.


It was morning, but what time was it exactly? Taeyeon had no idea. All she knew was that the sun was up, the sky was blue, it was morning. It was another day in the woods, another day exposed to danger and death, another day of-

Being alone with Tiffany.

Catching herself thinking that, her hands rubbed her eyes exhaustedly, knowing very well she was just trying to find the good in this situation she's in. But, it really was a wonderful thing. She swiveled her head to the right and observed Tiffany slipping on her heels.

To contemplate about it, if God really wasn't on her side, and she somehow ended up dying, she did kind of spent the last few days of her life with a hot woman. (Yes, she's finally acknowledged the fact that Tiffany is hot, without having the urge to smack her head in guilt for bringing shame to the Kim family.)

She kept her eyes on Tiffany's bent figure, now her eyes taking in the sight of Tiffany's cleavage, slightly displayed by the low cut blouse she had on. She lingered longer than she should then dragged her sight down to them heels.

She then switched her eyes from her shoes then to Tiffany's. Her head did calculations and debated whether she should really give up her shoes. One thing she knew for sure, was she didn't like Tiffany walking around with those high heels and they'll be walking for a long distance today. But then what about her?

This is hard.

"Hey, I'm ready?" Tiffany looked up finally, sweeping her hair to the left.

"Taeyeon?"

"What are you doing?" Tiffany questioned as Taeyeon got onto one knee and slipped her shoes off one by one.

"Oh? You're walking bare feet now?" Tiffany asked and Taeyeon rolled her eyes.

"Just be quiet."

"Y-yah! What are you doing?" Tiffany shrieked when Taeyeon got hold of one of her feet and lifted it up forcefully resulting in her losing her balance. She wobbled and landed her right palm on the middle of Taeyeon's head for leverage.

"That's my head?" Taeyeon mumbled but Tiffany ignored her comment. Taeyeon proceeded in slipping her shoes on Tiffany's beautiful feet and tied the laces nice and tight before standing back up, only in her socks.

"You're welcome." She said and smiled a bit at Tiffany who was looking awkwardly shy and embarrassed. Under the sun, her ears and neck were noticeably pink but Taeyeon acted like she didn't see.

So cute.

"Urm, er, thanks." Tiffany finally said in a small voice and tucked a loose strand of her hair behind her ear. She shifted from foot to foot and chewed on her rosy lip.

"How about you? Will you be trudging in those..." She trailed as they both flicked their eyes to the heels laying on the ground.

"I'll just...walk in my socks." Taeyeon said hesitantly. She has a bad feeling about this.

And as she took her first step into a puddle of mud, she realized her guts were right.

I want my shoes back. I want them back. I should've accepted the heels. Ew, oh my gosh, I can feel mud seeping in between my toes. Ow, I just stepped on something sharp.

"Do you want your kicks back?"

"No."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes."

"Absolutely?"

"Yes."

"Good, because even if you said yes, I still won't give them back." Tiffany deadpanned and Taeyeon gave her a stare before continue to walk in her grey socks. It was hard enough feeling all the texture of the rocky ground with only a thin fabric shielding her skin, and having just step on mud, she no longer wants to walk.

"Stop walking so fast just because you have shoes, cut me some slack!" She breathed out and clutched onto a branch for support.

"Now you know how I feel when you hurry me up for the last few days!" Tiffany whipped her head back and gave a smug look. Taeyeon glared at her and wondered who let the sassy y Tiffany come in again. She liked the sweet, caring, shy Tiffany way more. Talking about that, she was reminded again of the kiss from last night and as she stared at Tiffany's back figure getting farther and farther, she searched for the meaning of that gesture.

Why? Why? And why? What does it mean? Something tells her Tiffany likes her too but she wanted to confirm it. Basically, she just wanted to talk about the kiss.

"Hey? You coming?" Tiffany's voice brought her back to her senses and she saw Tiffany coming back to her, closer and closer. For no reason, her mind entered a state of panic and she took a step back. Her skin turned hot.

"You okay? You look really red. Are you sick? The side effect of the rashes maybe?" Tiffany brought a hand onto Taeyeon's forehead.

"I'm perfectly fine." Taeyeon slapped Tiffany's hand off, and she began to trudge further.

"Hey! I think we should stop? We've been walking for at least two hours now, can we really find a way out?"

Hearing, Tiffany's words, she heaved out a heavy sign and turned her body around, to see Tiffany drawing on a tree again.

"I know. Urgh, I seriously don't know whether we should continue, or go back. If we keep walking, we might eventually find a way but the point is, we don't know how long it takes. If we don't, then what happens? We have no water source, and shelter or whatsoever. Do we risk? Or do we not? If we go back, then we'll never find anything."

Taeyeon said and waited for a reply.

"Hey, can you at least said you were listening to me? I'm talking to you! And oh my god, who taught you how to draw? I don't mind a duck having four legs but at least make it look like a-"

Tiffany pushed the rock she had into Taeyeon's complaining mouth and walked off.

"HEY!" She spit everything out and wiped furiously at her lips and tongue. She gawked at Tiffany who was having her arms crossed, with a frown.

"That was disgusting!" Taeyeon screeched, unable to believe what Tiffany just did.

"You criticizing my drawing is disgusting, Kim Taeyeon."

"Why are you so mean today? Do you have like a multi-personality disorder? Can you be like last night? Half as nice at least?" Taeyeon put her hands on her lips, gripping tightly on her gun.

"H-huh?" That caught Tiffany off gaurd.

"I know sometimes you are a jerk but I know you do that just to simply annoy me. Under all those trash that you pretend to be, you're a kind hearted person-" Taeyeon began to recite what she remembered from Tiffany's confession last night but was cut off by a hand on her lips.

"Shut up!" Tiffany said and Taeyeon bit her hand.

"Hey!"

"I knew you were going to rub it in my face later! Urgh, I should've never said those things!"

"What? You regret saying them now?"

"Yes!"

Taeyeon's lips capsized into a frown hearing that. She watched Tiffany intensely and approached Tiffany until she was pinned to a tree, with her back flat against the surface.

"Really? Are you sure?" She asked, her tone low, her eyes searching Tiffany's with dominance.

"And the kiss? Do you regret kissing my shoulder as well, Hwang?"

As expected, Tiffany had no answer to that. Tiffany had her fists pushed against Taeyeon's chest to prevent her from coming further.

"Why are you inching closer? Hey!" Tiffany's expression turned frantic as she tried to keep the distance. Taeyeon dropped her gun onto the ground and brought her hands to catch Tiffany's wrist and lock them against the tree, above her head.

"What? Yah Kim Taeyeon, what do you think you are doing?" Tiffany squeezed her eyes shut and Taeyeon's lips twisted into a smirk dripping with amusement. She stayed like that for two seconds, suppressing her laugh. Did Tiffany really think she's going to kiss her?

She pulled away and allowed Tiffany's arms to drop down to her sides. She leaned down to pick up her gun, chuckling to herself.

"No, I am not going to kiss you, Tiffany."

"W-what? Are you crazy? I never thought you were going to kiss me!" Tiffany responded as quick as lightning, her words shot out like bullets.

"Yea. Right." Taeyeon lazily agreed while rolling her eyes.

"R-really!"

"Yea, I know."

"And plus, stop acting like you would have the guts to even kiss me."

"Yea, yea."

"See? So quit acting all cool and stuff!" That made Taeyeon's ears perk up in interest. She finally faced Tiffany with her eyebrows raised. If she didn't know better, it seemed like Tiffany was testing her, provoking her even.

Tiffany's eyebrows went up daringly and Taeyeon itched to wipe that expression off. So she did. She reached roughly for Tiffany's collar and pulled her forward. She tilted her head to the side a little and smashed her lips against Tiffany's full soft ones. She part her lips to bite on Tiffany's bottom lip and she pulled it with her as she brought her face away, to release it shortly, her body feeling so hyped.

"Hm? What's that? Huh?" She widened her eyes in mock, putting a hand up to cup her ear and took in Tiffany's risible face. She smirked and quirked one eyebrow up in sheer mockery before facing her back to Tiffany as fast as she could, not wanting her hot face to be seen.

She kept her back to Tiffany, who was still silent, not a word came from her. However, Taeyeon's mind was going on an overdrive, excitement running in her blood as the faint strawberry scent still clung to her, and the feeling of Tiffany's bottom lip between her teeth burned .

Her lips, oh my God, I want to tug those flexible lips between mine again.


A/N: I'm sorry for taking so long to update. I didn't abandon this fic everybody. Please excuse any typos or grammatical mistakes. I didn't plan for them to kiss but things happened while writing (my writing never goes as planned.)