Don't touch me

Woodland | Taeny

Dead leaves crunched underneath her feet, not cooperating in keeping her silent and undetected. Her chest burned, her lungs wailed for air as she kept running. The moonlight shone down past the many tree branches, giving her light as a guidance through the forest.

"Please, please please. Oh my God please." She begged through her heavy breathing as she gripped tighter onto her duffel, her other hand on a hand gun that so far, has not given her any goods or whatsoever. Didn't her dad give it to her as protection? Well hell yes maybe against one or two people, definitely not a dozen of people which sadly, was just the case right now.

"That way! This way! Where the hell is she?" Words echoed from behind her from almost every direction as her heart sped up, acting the exact opposite from her legs, which were gradually slowing down, forming into liquid.

"ING FIND HER!" A hoarse voice screamed and sent chills down her spine. Adrenaline coursed through her system and she marched through a few more paces, feeling energy surge through her. She could no longer feel her bottom half and a particular space just under her stomach felt stabbed.

That's for skipping those sporty activities father assigned for you.

Her bones felt like jelly and she used her hands to wave the branches that were poking her right in the face. She spit some things out of and wiped her eyes. Gross. Her stomach twisted in disgust as her skin made contact with the wild. Her eyes landed on her dirty kicks and a part of her clenched as she noticed black mud marring her 10K worth shoes.

How is it that she feels like they were just behind her?

In the distance, a few gunshots pierced through the air and pain shot through her knees. They got her, they did. This is how she's going to die. Her eyes looked at her completely untouched legs and she heaved. She was starting to hallucinate. Was this the effect you get before you die? By now, her vision was obscured with green blotches and the lights dimmed.

"Go. You can do it." She involuntarily slowed down but then, her ears picked up sounds from behind her and her pupils dilated in fear. Strength surged through her body again and she dashed off with renewed power.

She should've never drove out at midnight. She should've never argued with her parents, because then, she would be at home in her sheets and obviously not running for her life right now.

Two hours ago

"Why can't you just buy me that new Lamborghini that just came out?" Her scream woke up everyone in the household.

"Because! You just received this new Porsche a week ago and now you want another one?" Another voice equally leveled hers.

"Urgh mother! I don't care! I want it!" She stomped her feet onto the floor and threw the vase onto the ground. It broke into pieces and a woman scrambled in immediately with a broom.

"No means no, Taeyeon." The lady said and crossed her arms. Taeyeon's face fumed in anger, turning redder every second. This was the first time her mom ever rejected her in anything and she is surely not taking it pleasantly.

"If you won't, I will run away!" Up to this point, she was just spluttering threats towards her mother. Her mother's eyebrows raised up questioningly and she pursed her lips. Signs of giving in. Taeyeon knew she had won the battle. A smirk began to bloom when-

"No."

"Urghhhhhhhhhhhh!" She growled and got hold of the pillows on the sofa before throwing them to every corner of the room. Maids who were eavesdropping on their fight retreated to the hallway as the only child of the Kims thrashed and marched lividly out of the living room, up to her room to pack her things.

"My GOD! URGH!" Her foot pressed hard on the gas pedal as she drove off into the night. Her car roared as it zoomed into the outskirts of the city, somewhere far away from Seoul. She hit the honk repeatedly as she let out her frustration. She didn't care where she was going nor care about the fact this was the first time she went out without guards tailing her from behind. Then, everything happened as quick as lightning. It was an empty road, then there was a row of spiky wires laid all over the street.

"What the fu-" She ran over the spikes, a screech tore through her eardrums as her car creaked and her flat tires grazed the road. The sound making her feel uncomfortable since the trees at her sides were so silent.

"Who the hell would put something like that out here?" It only increased her madness. Don't people only do that when there's a criminal on the loose...and is driving through...this...

Her eyes widened as she pieced up the puzzles. Holy, no way right, but everything answered her question when a figure- no two wait three- no it was more than three appeared inside her boundary of her car's headlights. Blood pounded in her ears as she shook in fear. Her breathing became heavier and ragged as her hands went for her bag and the gun situated in her car's front drawer. Was it even loaded? She didn't know. She never thought there would be a day she would need it anyways.

Her fingers opened the car's door and bullets hit the surface of her car. It felt like her life was out of her but she managed to sprint into the tall haunting trees, that weren't so inviting.


Meanwhile, on the same route, but miles away, was another girl speeding up as well, her pink Cadillac cutting through the night. Her eyes flicked to the mirror in front of her and her thumb pressed dialed even harder on her phone.

"Pick up oh my goodness!" The organ between her lungs was hammering, her stomach was twisting into tight knots at the sight of the bright lights of the rover that was tailing behind her. She never knew the plate number and always thought it was a normal car when it was no longer normal after it had followed her ever since she came out of her friend's club.

"The number you dialed is-"

"ARGH!" She slammed the phone onto her passenger seat. Why wasn't anyone picking up? Then, just like how the night couldn't get any worse, her car coughed and slowed to a stop.

"WHAT? No. NO NO NO NO!" She twisted the key and more spluttering came. Her eyes darted to the flashing red light on her dashboard and knew why immediately. Why had she procrastinated her gas refilling?

Taking her bag, she flew open the door and made a run. In her heels. That was five inches high. It Louis Vuitton, honey. And it's pink.


Maybe she had lost them? How long had she been going at it? She didn't know. She only knew that this was the most she had sweat in her entire life. The most she had ran, she most she'd been afraid, and the most she'd been covered with stupid ugly rotten dirt that smells like poop.

Her skin was crawling as she wiped them off and wanted to lean on an oak tree before realizing it's covered with red ants. She stood still, trying to not breathe too hard. Silence greeted her. Like complete silence the wild shouldn't posess. Now things were turning unusual. Not even the cries of crickets or owls? Her heart pounded and her face whipped to the bushes behind her. It rustled and she took a step back, her wavering hand pointing her gun to the bundle of bushes. Air escaped her open mouth and she quickly turned the gun properly since she was holding it the wrong way just now. Was it really rustling just now? Or was she turning nuts? She inched away from it, her gun and her eyes never abandoning her point of target.

Breathe in, breathe out.

"AHHHHHH!"

"AHHHH!" Her back touched something! Her back touched something! She dropped the gun and swirled around, her hands still in the position that she was still holding a gun.

Before her, was a girl, despite her extravagant dress and hot pink heels that was impossible not to notice, looking just as dirty as she was. She seemed oddly familiar.

"AHHHHHHHHH!" That girl kept screaming, wide open, eyes nearly popping out of her sockets. Taeyeon clamped shut and cursed under her breath. She knew who she was. Why and what was she doing here?

"Shut up!' She hissed and wished they didn't hear that ugly scream.

"Ow hey!" She retreated her hand and examined the bite mark the girl just gave her. Her father was right. The Hwangs are not only evil but violent as well.

"It's you! KIM TAEYANG!" Her loud voice echoed through the trees again and Taeyeon wanted to strangle her. Taeyang? My lord.

"Shut up! They'll hear you!"

"Oh !" It was like she just remembered something and hid her head.

"Someone's following me!" Hwang Miyoung said and Taeyeon's eyebrows furrowed. She was chased as well? Could it be the same person?

Footsteps were heard from the distance and Taeyeon's accelerated heartbeat began. They must've heard Hwang Miyoung's awful scream. She had cause the death of both of them. More like a reflex, she tugged Hwang Miyoung's arm and pulled her into the bushes to hide them from sight. Her brain turned into water as she located her gun out in the open. .

The two hunched closely together, her hand still curled tightly around the other girl's wrist. She wanted to dash for her gun but it was too late.

"You sure you heard voices from here?" Leaves crunched under the pressure of a group of men. From behind the tiny holes of the leaves, she saw one of their foot stepping a few centimeters from her weapon. Please don't notice it. Please. Her eyes squinted shut.

"I think we should just go. Those brats would never find a way out and will eventually get eaten by wolves tonight." One of them said and her heart rushed to .

"True." Their foot steps faded and they stayed frozen for a good solid five minutes which seemed like an eternity. Then, Hwang Miyoung wrenched her arm away and pushed Taeyeon away from her. She landed on a sharp rock and groaned in pain.

"Don't touch me, Kim Taeyang." She hissed and wiped her wrist against her dress. Taeyeon frowned and looked at her hands that was just in contact with her rival. Ew. Disgusting.

"I didn't want to touch you, Hwang Miyoung." She came out of the bushes and the other girl followed her.

"I was trying to hello? Save you from dying?" She said and crouched down to pick up her gun. She straightened her duffel and walked towards Hwang Miyoung.

"Yah! Don't come near me!" She fumbled and pulled something out of her hand bag. It was a tiny box and Taeyeon's eyebrows knitted. She walked nearer and a loud buzzing filled the air. She jumped back, her hair standing up.

"Oh my gosh you have a taser!" She shouted out.

"Don't touch me Kim Taeyang!" Her wrong pronunciation of Taeyeon's name was really irking her.

"Are you seriously trying to kill me? We are on the same boat!" She tried to keep her voice low.

"Stay away from me, a radius of roughly 5.38 meters." Her enemy hissed and Taeyeon huffed. Like she wanted to be near this witch.

Not saying anything, she took soft steps away from the other girl and held out both hands. "Happy?" She raised both eyebrows and rolled her eyes. They stood for a minute just like that, staring at each other when they both picked up a howl from far away. Or maybe not so far away? Before she knew it, the Hwang had already covered the distance between them and clung to her arm like a leech.

"W-what was that?" The not-so-fierce Hwang's fearful face switched from left to right. Taeyeon broke free from her grip and dusted her arm.

"Don't touch me." She mimicked the girl's earlier tone and started walking. What did she do to be stuck here? Mostly, with someone like her? She gazed at the girl who was having trouble walking closely behind her.

She eyed her heels and back to her face and their distance.

"I thought a 5.38 meters distance Hwang?" She coldly asked but her question was ignored.

"Shut up Kim Taeyang."

"It's Taeyeon." Again, she was ignored. She looked up at the moon and sighed. Fear was gripping at her heart strongly. How will she survive the night? What was she going to do with Hwang Miyoung? Ditch her? Two people is better than one right? Maybe when the time comes, she can kill her for food. Jokes. Or maybe not.


A/N: Thank you for giving this story a chance!