"Ducks have four legs." -Tiffany Hwang

Woodland | Taeny

"Did it rain last night?" Taeyeon's heel glided over a bundle of bright lime-green moss and she almost slipped. She snapped her head to the other girl and sighed silently with relief at the fact that Tiffany wasn't watching her.

"Yea."

"How come I don't know?" They were rummaging through the woods again after the fishing session this morning and seeing the wetness in almost every leaf just piped up her curiosity.

"Like I said, you sleep like a rock."

"Do you like rain?" Taeyeon brought her face up and her eyes squinted as rays of blinding sunlight pierced through the obscure layers of leaves and beat her eyes. The forest they were stuck in seemed less intimidating during the day, it almost seemed amiable, inviting and fun for a picnic or a camping trip.

"No. Why? Who likes rain?" Tiffany asked mindlessly as she stopped walking and faced Taeyeon with a quizzical look.

"Me. I mean just close your eyes and smell." Taeyeon did just that and took in the musky damp scent that enveloped her; an after-effect of heavy rain.

"You look retarded." Taeyeon shot her eyes open and gave a look of disapproval to Tiffany who was scratching mercilessly on a tree with a sharp stone.

"No I am serious, it smells really- what are you doing?"

"I am marking. Duh?" Tiffany slashed a straight line with much much difficulty. "You're walking way way too deep into the forest, I'm just marking the way back to the creek unless you want us to get lost."

"I'd like it if you don't jinx us." Taeyeon eyed her surroundings and chills went up her spine.

"You believe in those stuff?"

Taeyeon stayed mum and just took in the view of Tiffany doing her work. Honestly? She never really thought of marking or whatever. She just remembered eccentric points like that beehive hanging from that oak tree or that extraordinary black rock to avoid her from getting lost. She realized her method wasn't so effective as there were numerous identical beehives in the body of this dark green maze.

Tiffany was pretty witty but she would never say that for her to hear. Her ego would inflate into a hot air balloon.

"You know, I can't get over the fact that you still trudge everywhere with those heels." Taeyeon flicked her eyes up and down Tiffany's outfit and the vast difference of fancy between her heels and her clothes portrayed a hilarious image.

"Wearing those clothes and those heels, you look like..." Taeyeon decided to not say what was on her mind and just laughed.

"Like a what Kim?" Tiffany egged her on but she just shook her head.

"Well, if you are so bothered by me wearing these, you should take off those glamorous shoes of yours and offer them to me. If you are not planning on doing that, be quiet! How many times do I have to tell you I have no choice but to wear these? It's not like I wanted to-"

"Okay okay stop complaining-"

"Don't cut me off, how dare you? I am not done talking-"

"BUT I am done listening." Taeyeon's voice overpowered Tiffany's and she walked off fast, not staying to hear Tiffany's complaints.

"Yah!" She sensed Tiffany struggling to keep up with her and she just snickered.

Seeing a not so tall mango tree, she paused her steps and trailed her line of sight up its branches already plotting her strategy to climb for those ripe plump mangoes.

"Climb this and cut down those fruits." She tossed her gun to Tiffany who widened her eyes and caught the heavy weapon. She gawked at the slender tree and then at Taeyeon, her expression said as if Taeyeon had instructed her to jump into a boiling volcano, completely .

"What?" What came out of her lips was almost a shriek.

"Go." Taeyeon crossed her arms and suppressed the smile that was itching to climb onto her face. Being with Tiffany kind of makes her forget the fact that she was currently abandoned in the woods.

"You aren't serious right? I, I can't climb up th-that..." Tiffany's eyes swept up that tree nervously. It was beyond entertaining to see Tiffany struggle internally like this.

"Yesterday, I climbed up that peach tree so now it's your turn." Taeyeon sat down on a rock and nudged her chin to the plant's direction.

"Seriously? Oh my gosh, first I had to fish and now this?" The Hwang gulped and frowned like she was tasting expired canned beans.

"If I can do it, you can do it as well." Taeyeon urged her on and when she witness Tiffany actually paddling to the tree to get hold of its lowest branch, she took three wide steps and tugged Tiffany's shirt so she came stumbling back.

"Give me the knife." She gestured at her gun and gave off her best one million watt smile.

"I'll do it. I figured out it'll take you ten years to go up and another ten to come back down."

She flicked Tiffany's forehead and proceeded to climb up. She was only testing whether Tiffany would actually have the courage to do it or not.

"Yah! Where are you looking at? Look at me and when I throw the mangoes down, catch them. Don't, I repeat DO NOT drop them or I will kill you."

"Then don't, I repeat, DO NOT throw them like a retard." Tiffany yelled from the ground and Taeyeon just huffed. Her foot stepped on a sturdy branch and she lifted herself up. She reached for a huge orange mango and tossed it to Tiffany. She repeated her actions and when she went for one that was situated near a nest of red ants, the army of ants invaded her.

"Crap." She hissed as she successfully reached for that one last mango and blindly chucked it down. Her fingers tried swatting the ants away but she could feel their them crawling ghostly on her skin, into her shirt and biting on the length of her white pale forearms.

"DAMN IT!" She screeched at the numerous bites and hurried down to ground with her body roasting and itching in various areas.

"ANTS!" She yelled as she patted roughly on herself and Tiffany dropped all the things she held to assist Taeyeon.

"Get them off!"

"I am trying!" Tiffany surprised Taeyeon by ripping her shirt off and throwing it to the ground. Taeyeon's cheeks immediately burned at the exposé of her white bra and it only made her feel worse when Tiffany's frantic hands swiped across her and shoulder to flick the ants away. Her eyes went huge when Tiffany's hands went for her bra's clasp and she was fast to pull back.

"I THINK THEY'RE OFF NOW." She screamed in panic and held her hands above her chest. "I think they're off now." She repeated quietly this time, her eyes never leaving Tiffany who then cheeks flared to the same color of her lips.

"I didn't mean to- I just wanted to- I er I forgot, I mean ants might've-"

"Yea I know I know." Taeyeon assured her but Tiffany's eyes were darting around to anywhere but her.

"Look at me. I said it's fine. I won't sue you for attempting to me, if that's what you're afraid of."

"What?" Tiffany said in exasperation. "I was not! And you know that!" Her eyes looked at Taeyeon defensively and they flicked to Taeyeon's chest to flick back up as fast as lightning. It was an accident and she knew the other girl didn't mean to but Taeyeon had caught it and she will use it to humiliate Tiffany.

"Yeah right. See? You were ogling at my chest just now."

"W-what? Look, I'm not going to bother arguing with a jerk like you." Tiffany stomped her feet on the ground and proceeded to a tree to apparently lash out at it again.

Taeyeon inched to her shirt laying on the floor and she gagged at the number of ants crawling on it. She'd rather walk back half .

"Why are you still half ?" Tiffany questioned surprised at Taeyeon's presence near her. Ignoring the question, Taeyeon furrowed her brows and eyed Tiffany's on the tree. It wasn't the one line marking, this was different. It's like a doodling of a two year old kid.

"What is this?" Taeyeon asked and flicked up a brow at Tiffany with puzzlement. She brought her gaze to the drawing of many slanted slashes drawn messily together.

"A drawing of a duck."

"A what? A duck?" Taeyeon stared at it again, horrified. Who taught this girl how to draw?

"Yea, are you blind?"

"Me? More like are you blind? How does this make a duck? Where's the head?" Taeyeon cursed mentally at the dark pink blotches on her arms and back. It stung so bad and it itched like hell.

"Here." Tiffany pointed to a part of the drawing. "And this is the body, and legs."

Taeyeon tried to make out the drawing, she really did and kind of made out the legs the easiest since they were four simple straight . Then noticed there's four . Four.

"There's four legs." She stated dryly.

"And?"

"Four." She said again in the same equal tone.

"Ok I know ducks in real life have two legs but I like to draw my own ducks with four legs so what? You have a problem?"

"I'm not going to even get started. You're weird in so many ways." It's adorable.

"You're just jealous I draw nice."

"Hmm." Taeyeon hummed since she was to tired to reply and her skin was on fire. She wanted to ask whether Tiffany was that bored but was too lazy to do so.


They were in the cave again, illuminated by the fire as their silhouette danced behind them. So far, Taeyeon had used 4 bullets and 3 remained. She needs to cut down on the use of fire from now on. Or find a new way to make fire.

"Does it lessen the pain?" Taeyeon moved her face to Tiffany who was sitting behind her with a damp cold cloth on her red blotches. She had put on a new hoodie but she had taken it off since her rashes were itching badly.

"Hm." Taeyeon hummed and it did. The icy cold water alleviated the itch on her skin. Tiffany placed the cloth on Taeyeon's bare shoulder and Taeyeon jolted slightly.

"I'm so sorry you have to go through all this. I never thought it would get this bad."

"It's alright. I, I mean it'll go away."

"I should've been the one to climb that tree."

"What? Why would you say that? You getting this wouldn't make the situation any better."

Silence enveloped them both as Taeyeon held her hoodie to her chest and shut her eyes, relishing the cold feeling on her back skin.

"You know, you're such an," Tiffany paused and Taeyeon stayed silent waiting for her to continue her sentence.

"Yea?"

"A nice person. Like you're amazing. You've done so much for me even if I am your enemy for generations. And you're different. I just see you as..." She trailed off to silence and Taeyeon, albeit the exhaustion she was suffering from was huge, smiled. It was a tiny smile that was meant to be hidden but it escaped.

She wanted to make a teasing comment but afraid that would tick Tiffany off so she decided to be serious.

"Maybe I might've hated you when I first met you two days ago but after really knowing you, you're not bad. I don't see a reason why I should hate you and I don't see a reason why my family would hate you as well." Taeyeon professed.

"Hm true. And before I change my mind, I think I owe you a lot. Let me just say this," Tiffany once again paused as if it was very hard for her to formulate words. Taeyeon didn't understand how things have gotten to sappy and sentimental but it was about time.

"I know sometimes you are a jerk but I know you do that just to simply annoy me. Under all those trash that you pretend to be, you're a kind hearted person Taeyeon. And you might tease me and use this to rub it in my face later on but let me just get it out. When you helped me walk, when you didn't abandon me when you caught those fish, built fires, climbed trees and saved me from snakes," Tiffany had stopped all actions but Taeyeon remained still, never turning her head back to see the other girl.

"Thank you."

With those two words, Taeyeon felt her heart swell tremendously as it skipped numerous beats jubilantly. Two words can have such a large impact on a human being.

She was about to open to reply but was stopped when she felt something warm pressed against her exposed back. She became rigid and her eyes turned large. A rush of warmth rushed from the tip of her toes up through her body and to the tip of her hair.

She eyed her prickled skin and as she turned her head a fraction she confirmed her thoughts that it was Tiffany's lips pressed against her skin, searing hot in contrast to her icy flesh. Her heart slowed then gained sky rocketed, beating loudly in her ear drums.

"Tiffany what are-"

"Thank you." Tiffany cut her off, mumbling against her back and hugged her from behind causing her to jolt and tense. She would never see this coming. This was a surprise to her, Tiffany's intimate actions that is. Could it be that Tiffany likes her? If so, she never said a word.

"I-" She sincerely prayed to God Tiffany won't hear her heart pumping like there's no tomorrow. She gulped and attempted to talk again.

"You're most welcome." She uttered followed with a sigh and unknowingly leaned back into Tiffany's arms. She smelled of milky strawberries again and Taeyeon wondered if she'd ever get to keep the clothes Tiffany was currently wearing or not.

Taeyeon wanted to ask what her actions had meant. What that kiss had meant. She was dying to know but she couldn't make herself ask and she knows Tiffany wouldn't want those questions from her either so she bottled up her inquiries and tried to calm her heart. She hoped she doesn't smell bad from the countless days of not showering.

"I...Tiffany?" She didn't know why she was whispering but she had turned afraid to speaking with a normal voice maybe because of the silence.

"Yes?"

"Thank you as well for treating my cut, for giving me hope in surviving, for showing me light and proving me wrong for hating on the Hwangs, for making me laugh at times when I should've cried and for tonight." She wanted to say and for that kiss as well but she couldn't. She knew right then that she should just face the music and admit that maybe she really was attracted to Tiffany, for so so many reasons.

"Hmm. You are welcome and you can sleep first." Tiffany was about to retract her arms but almost frantically, Taeyeon reached her arm out to stop Tiffany from moving.

She daringly turned around to meet Tiffany's widened eyes and gave her a big smile. She slid her shirt back on and laid herself hesitantly into Tiffany's arms that night with a carefree mind although she should be worrying about finding her way out or the fact that they could be separated by their families after they find a way out.

But at that moment, she shut everything out and surrounded herself with the smell of Tiffany, no longer denying the fact that she likes Tiffany and likes being with Tiffany. She allowed her feelings to surge through like a broken dam, invading her and she's no longer afraid to show it because if she wasn't wrong, the feeling was mutual.