My Sorry

Hold Me Tight
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hyung,” Jungkook said, “does Taehyung hyung have a heart problem?” Yoongi stood shocked, motionless, unable to figure out how this boy in front of him could have known. “No,” he lied, “are you stupid?”

A frown settled itself on Jungkook’s face. He had been so sure of his deductions. Were the detective novels really of no use? His thoughts were drifting to the numerous Sherlock Holmes stories he read and how he had been certain they helped improve his logical reasoning, when he was forced out of his reverie by a hearty laughter. The creases of his forehead seemed to be as confused as their human, as looking at the shorter male in front of him laughing so genuinely, Jungkook did not know whether to scowl deeper or smile at the warmth spreading through his heart.

“Why did you even think that, kid?” Yoongi asked between gasps. “Well,” the younger said, “I’m not absolutely sure now but I’ll tell you anyway. You see, on the day of our fight, hyung had told me to meet him at the second floor washroom if I got lost. I didn’t get lost but I was still curious to see if he was there as he promised he’ll be. When I reached and was doing my business I heard someone choking in the stall beside me. I ignored it, slightly disappointed that hyung wasn’t there, and came out and washed my hands. I’ll be completely honest right now, when the stall door behind me opened and Taehyung hyung came out, I felt happy. What? Don’t smile at me like that.”

Hearing this, Yoongi just smiled wider. Who knew that this indifferent kid could actually feel emotions of joy. “Sorry,” he said, not apologetic at all, “continue.”

“Ok, so as I was saying, Taehyung hyung came out of the stall and, if I remember correctly, it was the same stall from which the choking sounds were coming. As I watched him, he wiped his mouth with a handkerchief and then noticed me. He waved and greeted me but I didn’t say anything. Slowly, he came forth and washed his hands, unaware that I was intently observing everything. Let me tell you this, and believe me when I say it, I was shocked when the water turned pink as it went down the drain. I didn’t say anything about it but putting two and two together, I figured that he was probably puking – explaining the choking sounds – and he puked blood – judging from the pink colour of the water.

“Now, tell me hyung, was I wrong in thinking that, seeing how the situation stands, he is either suffering from a disease or has a heart problem. Taehyung hyung always looks so bubbly and energetic so it’s obvious that he isn’t sick. That leaves the only other option. So, I asked you to make it clear to me.” The pair had started walking towards the school gate and Jungkook stopped, eyes almost pleading for an explanation. “Why do you think I would know,” Yoongi asked. “I don’t know. I just assumed you would since you seem to be the closest to him. After all, you would probably kill a person if they acted how Taehyung hyung acts around you. Still, you smile when in front of him.”

Yoongi was astonished at the amount of genius this boy contained. He really was much more than he looked. “Well, kid, seems like you’re so much more intelligent than I imagined.” Jungkook grinned at the compliment, accepting it with hardly suppressed enthusiasm. “Right!” he exclaimed, “I knew reading too many detective series’ was a good idea.”

 

~~ ♦ ~~

 

“Hey Jimin,” Hoseok smiled, “how was the appointment?” Said boy was zipping up his backpack when he was startled by an over enthusiastic voice. He turned around expecting a grinning, tall boy and was not disappointed when a 2000 watt smile was flas

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter