Too good to be true

I Love Someone Else (Daebaek)

*2 months later*

 

Baekhyun and Daehyun spent all of their free time together. They had made it official that they were together. But neither one knew about the boys their parents set them up with. They just wanted to focus on each other.

Baekhyun had wanted to get out and leave the house for awhile while Daehyun was gone.

He left and decided to go shopping. He still had some money on him. He looked for more clothes and accessories. Also some more food for the house.

While he was out, he wanted to get something for Daehyun to show his appreciation for everything he's done for him, besides their usual kissing and cuddling at night.

He went to different stores and found couple rings. He bought them and went back to his place.

Baekhyun wanted to try and cook for Daehyun with the food he bought. He didn't have much experience with cooking, but he figured it couldn't be that hard to do.

He tried to make some of Daehyun's favorite foods to surprise him. He looked up recipes to help him out.

 

While Daehyun was at work, his phone went off. He answered it without looking to see who it was.

'Our parents are having a dinner tonight.' Daehyun heard Youngjae's voice. 'They want us to be there'.

Daehyun sighed. 'I can't make it. I have to work'.

'That's all you ever do is school and work. We never see each other'.

'That's the point'. Daehyun said to himself.

'I can't make it'. He repeated.

'Something is going on with you'.

'No. I'm just busy. Something you'll never understand'. 

''You're always busy. Our parents don't even believe we're together'.

'We're not together'. Daehyun reminded him. 'It's all pretend'.

'Not to them it's not. They want us to be together'.

'Sorry, but I have other plans for my future. I want to be with someone else'. Daehyun thought of Baekhyun and smiled to himself.

'I don't want you to ruin this for us'. Youngjae said.

'There is no us. I never agreed to be with you'.

'But...'

Daehyun didn't let Youngjae finish. He hung up the phone and sighed. He didn't need his family's stress.

 

He got up and left work early. He wanted to go see Baekhyun.

His phone went off not long after he left work. He thought it was Youngjae again.

'I told you I can't make it.'

'Dae?' Daehyun heard Baekhyun's voice. 'Why are you so upset?'

'Sorry Baek. It's nothing'.

'Didn't sound like nothing'.

'Everything's fine. Really'. Daehyun tried to reassure him.

'Ok...well I wanted to let you know not to pick up any food on your way here'.

'Why not?'

'It's a surprise'.

'What are you planning?'

'Not telling'.

Daehyun smiled. 'Well, it's a good thing I got off from work early'.

'You did?'

'Yeah, I'm on my way over there right now'.

'Great. See you when you get here'.

Daehyun hung up the phone and started walking faster.

Daehyun was so focused on getting to Baekhyun, he didn't realize he was being followed.

 

Baekhyun was putting the last minute touches on the food. He set the table, and put drinks on the table. He found some candles and lit them. He had never done anything like this for any of the other boys he'd been with.

He waited for Daehyun once everything was set.

 

Daehyun showed up a few minutes later. Baekhyun got off the couch and went over to him.

'What's all this?' Daehyun asked as he looked around.

'A little gift for you for everything you've done for me'. Baekhyun smiled.

Daehyun smelled the food on the table. 'You made my favorite foods?'

Baekhyun nodded.

'I didn't know you could cook'. Daehyun looked at him.

'Well, I had to look up the recipes. Hope they're ok'.

Daehyun smiled and kissed him. 'I'm sure it's great'.

They sat down and ate. Daehyun was surprised how good the food was. He was loving Baekhyun even more now.

'It's really good'. Daehyun said as he got more food.

Baekhyun smiled at him. 'Thank you. Glad they came out alright'.

 

Baekhyun went over to Daehyun when he finished his food. He cleared the table and put the dishes in the sink.

Daehyun followed Baekhyun and started helping with the dishes.

'You didn't have to help. I was going to do them later'. Baekhyun looked at him.

'I don't mind'. Daehyun smiled.

 

Baekhyun took Daehyun's hand when they finished the dishes.

'I have another surprise for you'. He smiled.

'You've done enough'. Daehyun put his hand on Baekhyun's cheek.

'Just one more surprise'. Baekhyun pouted.

'What is it?'

Baekhyun grabbed a box from behind the couch pillow.

'Since we have become boyfriends, I thought we should make it official'. Baekhyun handed Daehyun the box.

Daehyun looked at Baekhyun then opened the box. He saw two rings in it.

'Couple rings?'

Baekhyun nodded. 'I thought rings would be best'.

Daehyun smiled and took the rings out of the box. He gave one to Baekhyun and put the other one on.

'They're perfect'.

Daehyun pulled Baekhyun toward him and stared in his eyes. Baekhyun stared back not saying anything. As they stared at each other, Daehyun knew he finally find the boy he wanted to be with.

Daehyun leaned forward and kissed Baekhyun. Baekhyun wrapped his arms around Daehyun's neck and kissed him back.

They kissed for awhile before making their way into the bedroom. Daehyun layed Baekhyun on the bed and got on top of him. They kept kissing and soon started making love till they fell asleep in each other's arms.

 

Baekhyun woke up first. He looked over and saw Daehyun was still asleep with his arm around him. Baekhyun smiled and kissed Daehyun till he woke up.

Daehyun pulled Baekhyun closer to him and kissed him. 'Go back to sleep'. Daehyun closed his eyes.

Baekhyun smiled and kept kissing him. Daehyun opened his eyes. 'Are you wanting to make love again this early in the morning?'

'No, you're just cute when you sleep'.

Daehyun kissed him, then he saw the clock on the bedside table. He groaned. 'I'm late for school'.

'Stay here then'. Baekhyun cuddled closer to him.

'I would, but I need to go to school so I can get a better job to support us'. Daehyun kissed the top of Baekhyun's head.

Baekhyun sighed. 'Ok. I can make you breakfast if you want'.

Daehyun got out of bed and started getting dressed. 'I'll pick up something on my way there.'

'Ok.' Baekhyun pulled the covers tighter around him. 'I didn't want to get out of bed anyway'.

Daehyun smiled and kissed him. 'I'll see you later'.

'Ok'.

 

After Daehyun left, Baekhyun got out of bed and took a shower. Then he went to the kitchen and made breakfast.

As he was eating, he heard the front door start to open. He looked over confused. He figured Daehyun had forgotten something.

Baekhyun got up and started to make his way to the door.

'What did you forget Dae?' Baekhyun asked.

Baekhyun stopped when he saw the person walk in the house. It wasn't Daehyun.

Baekhyun looked at the boy that was around his age. The boy looked back at him.

'Who are you?' Baekhyun asked.

'Who am I?' The boy asked. 'The question is what are you doing in my house?'

Baekhyun's eyes got big. 'You're house?'

'Yes, this is my parent's house. What are you doing here?'

'Daehyun said I could stay here'.

'You know Daehyun?' The boy asked.

'Yes'. Baekhyun said. 'I'm his boyfriend'.

The boy looked at him surprised. 'You can't be his boyfriend'.

'Why not?' Baekhyun asked.

'Because I'm his boyfriend'.

Baekhyun looked at the other boy and felt like he was going to throw up. Had Daehyun been lying to him this whole time?