One last fight

I Love Someone Else (Daebaek)

* A few months later *

 

Daehyun and Baekhyun had been doing fine without any problems. Baekhyun's stomach was more noticeable. Daehyun tried to work from home so he could be around Baekhyun more. 

They were happy and stress free for awhile, but they remembered they still had to meet with their parents to talk to them and hopefully change their minds about Chanyeol and Youngjae.

Baekhyun really didn't want to see his parents. He was fine hiding from them. But he didn't want anymore surprise visits from Chanyeol. Daehyun was also dead set on getting his parents approval of Baekhyun and him being together. Baekhyun had tried to talk him out of this meeting with their parents, but Daehyun wouldn't change his mind. He wanted to be done with them trying to set him up with Youngjae.

Daehyun and Baekhyun left to go to meet with their parents. Baekhyun was quiet the whole way over there. Daehyun noticed how quiet Baekhyun was and grabbed his hand. 

'It will be ok'. He kissed Baekhyun's hand.

'I really don't want to do this, Dae'.

They stopped walking. Daehyun turned to Baekhyun. 'I know you don't, but if we can get our parent's approval, we'll be done with Chanyeol and Youngjae for good'.

Baekhyun sighed. 'I know. I'm just scared to see them again'.

'I'll be there with you. Don't worry'.

Baekhyun smiled and they kept walking.

 

They arrived at Daehyun's parents house. Baekhyun held Daehyun's hand as they went inside. He had never been to Daehyun's house. So he didn't know what to expect.

Daehyun felt Baekhyun's grip on his hand tighten. Daehyun squeezed Baekhyun's hand for reassurance. 'It's ok'. He mouthed to Baekhyun.

When they got inside, they saw their parents in the living room talking. They didn't look too happy. They stopped talking when they saw Daehyun and Baekhyun.

'Good, we can get started now that you're here'. Mrs. Jung said.

Baekhyun looked around the room and saw their parents weren't alone. Chanyeol and Youngjae were also there. 

Baekhyun got as close to Daehyun as he could. He didn't want to be anywhere near Chanyeol after what he did.

Daehyun got a chair for Baekhyun so he could sit down. Everyone noticed Baekhyun's stomach.

'It's this why you gathered us together?' Mr. Jung asked. 'You got this boy pregnant already?' He glared at Daehyun. 'You think this will get us to change our minds?'

'No'. Daehyun shook his head. 'I was wanting you to see how much Baekhyun and I love each other'. Daehyun squeezed Baekhyun's hand again.

'How could you get pregnant from this boy?' Mrs Byun looked at Baekhyun. 'You ruined everything'.

Baekhyun looked down at his lap. He really wanted to run away from them. He didn't need this.

'We didn't do anything but fall in love'. Daehyun said. 'We don't want the boys you chose for us'.

'You're still kids.' Mrs. Byun said. 'You don't know what's best for you. We do'.

'We're old enough to make our own choices'. Daehyun looked at them. 'This is what we chose'.

Everyone fought for awhile. Baekhyun got up and went to the bathroom. He took his time in there. He was in no hurry to go back to the fighting.

 

As Baekhyun left the bathroom he ran into Chanyeol. Baekhyun moved away from him but ran into a wall.

'Get away from me'. Baekhyun said.

'No, we still need to talk'.

'There is nothing to talk about'. Baekhyun glared at him. 'I want nothing to do with you. You almost killed my baby'.

'What?' Chanyeol looked at him shocked. 'When?'

'The last time we saw each other. You pushed Daehyun and he fell on me. I almost lost my baby because of you'.

'I didn't know you were pregnant then'.

'No one did'. Baekhyun looked at the ground.

'I'm sorry'. Chanyeol said and put his hand on Baekhyun's arm.

Baekhyun slapped his hand away. 'Stay away from me and Daehyun. More importantly, stay away from my baby'.

Baekhyun quickly left Chanyeol and went back to Daehyun. But before he could get back, Mrs. Byun stopped him.

'Baek.' She grabbed his arm. 'Please tell me this is all a joke'.

'What is?' Baekhyun looked at her confused.

'You and that boy. You being 'pregnant''. She said using air quotes.

'I am pregnant with Daehyun's baby'.

Mrs. Byun lifted Baekhyun's shirt and saw he really was pregnant. She looked at him horrified. 'How could you give up Chanyeol for that boy?'

'Daehyun is the one for me. Not Chanyeol. Why can't you accept the fact that Daehyun and I are happy together?'

Mrs. Byun sighed. 'I want you to be happy. But I think Chanyeol is a better match for you'.

'You hardly know Daehyun. You won't give him a chance'. Baekhyun glared at her.

'Chanyeol is a good fit for you'.

Baekhyun shook his head. 'I'm not going to be with someone who almost killed my baby'.

Mrs. Byun looked at him shocked. 'What are you talking about?'

'I was in the hospital because of Chanyeol. I almost lost my baby. Your grandchild'.

'I don't want you to have this baby with that boy'.

'Too late. I'm having this baby whether you like it or not'.

 

Baekhyun moved past her and went back to Daehyun. He sat down in the chair. Daehyun looked at Baekhyun and saw tears falling down his cheeks.

Daehyun kneeled down next to Baekhyun. 'What happened?'

'I just want to go home'. Baekhyun said as he wiped his tears away.

Daehyun rubbed Baekhyun's back and kissed his cheek. 

'You two are clearly out numbered'. Mr. Jung said. 'You should listen to us and be with who we put you with'.

Daehyun glared at him. 'No, we're done being told what to do. I'm not leaving Baekhyun or our baby'.

Daehyun looked at his father. 'Don't you remember falling in love with mom? You remember telling me how your parents didn't approve of you two, but you fought to stay together?'

Mr. Jung looked at the floor and nodded.

'That's what Baekhyun and I are doing. We don't want anyone else. Please understand that'.

Daehyun looked at Baekhyun's parents. 'I know we just met, but I love Baekhyun more than anything. I have done everything I can to make sure he is happy and has everything he needs. I'll keep taking care of him and our baby'.

Everyone fell silent as they listened to Daehyun. Daehyun was hoping he'd finally get through to them.

Baekhyun squeezed Daehyun's hand. 'I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend'. Baekhyun said. 'I've never had anyone care about me as much as Daehyun does. He gave me a place to stay when I had nowhere to go. He became my best friend and the love of my life'.

Baekhyun smiled at Daehyun. Daehyun leaned over and kissed him.

Everyone was still silent, till they heard a voice behind them.

'Let them be together'. Everyone looked over and saw Youngjae speaking. Daehyun and Baekhyun were surprised.

Youngjae went over to Daehyun's parents. 'I know you wanted me to be with Daehyun, but I can't compete with Daehyun's love for Baekhyun. They are inseparable'. Youngjae looked at them. 'If I were you, I'd let them be together and be happy for them'.

The parents looked at each other. They still weren't happy about the situation. Daehyun's parents spoke to Baekhyun privately. Baekhyun's parents spoke to Daehyun privately.

 

'I can see that you two will not give up on each other'. Mrs. Byun looked at Daehyun.

Daehyun shook his head. 'We've fought so hard to be together. I'd rather die than be without Baekhyun'.

'You love him that much?'

Daehyun nodded. 'I really love your son. Believe me, I will take care of him and the baby. Baekhyun means so much to me.' Daehyun looked at Baekhyun's parents. 'Please let us be happy together'.

 

'You think you're the right one to be with our son?' Mr. Jung asked Baekhyun.

'I can't tell you I love Daehyun enough'. Baekhyun looked at the ground. 'I don't think I'd be alive if it weren't for him'.

'What have you done for him? Everything we've heard is what he's done for you. You're not using him are you?'

Baekhyun shook his head. 'I never asked Daehyun to help me, or to give me a place to stay. He helped me when we didn't even know each other. I didn't expect him to help me and care for me so much'.

'What have you done for him?' Mr. Jung asked again.

'Loved him, been his best friend, I've been there for him when no one else has. I'm also having his baby...' Baekhyun looked at Mr. Jung. 'I don't know what else you want from me'.

 

The parents locked themselves in a room and discussed their decision on supporting Daehyun and Baekhyun or not.

Daehyun and Baekhyun sat on the couch and cuddled. They were too worried to say anything to each other. Baekhyun rubbed his stomach and tried to calm down.

Chanyeol and Youngjae waited on the other side of the room. They weren't saying anything either. They just looked at Baekhyun and Daehyun.

 

A few minutes later, the door opened and Daehyun and Baekhyun's parents went into the living room.

Daehyun and Baekhyun held hands as they looked at their parents.

'We've talked it over'. Mr. Jung said. 'We support you two being together'.

Daehyun and Baekhyun smiled and kissed each other.

They got off the couch and hugged their parents.

Everyone was talking and hugging. Baekhyun didn't notice Daehyun disappeared on him.

He looked around and saw Daehyun was on the ground kneeling in front of him and holding a box.

Baekhyun looked at Daehyun surprised. Everyone got quiet when they realized what was happening.

'Byun Baekhyun'. Daehyun said. 'Will you continue to make me the happiest man alive and marry me?'

Baekhyun smiled and he started crying. 'Of course I will'.

Daehyun stood up and kissed Baekhyun and held him in his arms.

 

* Present Day *

 

'Eomma and appa got married with both their families there. Everyone was happy for them. Then a few months later you were born'. Daehyun said as his son Taehyung sat on his lap. 

Taehyung looked at Daehyun as he finished his story. 'You and eomma lived happily ever after right?'

Daehyun smiled. 'Of course we did. We finally got to be a family with no more problems'.

'I hope I'm as happy as you and eomma'.

'You will be'. Daehyun kissed the top of his son's head. 'You'll find the love of your life.' Daehyun smiled. 'I promise your eomma and I will not interfere like our parents did'.

'Unless they hurt you. Like Chanyeol almost hurt you'. Daehyun and Taehyung looked up at the sound of Baekhyun's voice.

Baekhyun entered the room. 'You let me know if anyone tries to hurt you again'. Baekhyun looked at Taehyung. 'I'll take care of them'.

'Baek, he's fine'. Daehyun said.

'He's still my only baby. I care about him'.

Taehyung hugged his parents then went outside to play.

Baekhyun sat next to Daehyun and held his hand. 'Why were you telling him that story of us?' Baekhyun looked at him.

'He asked how we got together and fell in love'.

'He's a little young for that story, don't you think?'

Daehyun shook his head. 'He needs to know to fight for the one you love'.

Baekhyun smiled as Daehyun got closer to him and kissed him.

 

 

 

                                                                 * The End *