A place to stay

I Love Someone Else (Daebaek)

Baekhyun woke up feeling warmer than usual. He sat up and noticed a blanket on him. He looked around, but didn't see anyone near him.

He looked at the blanket and was surprised someone left it on him. He was very grateful to whoever gave it to him.

Baekhyun put the blanket in his bag and headed to the café he went to the last few mornings. He had been there so much lately, they knew what he wanted before he ordered.

He took his food and went to his table. He still didn't know what he was going to do, or where he was going to go.

 

Daehyun went to go get coffee while he was on his break. He placed his order and waited. 

He looked around the café and noticed the boy from the park at one of the corner tables. He was staring out the window as he ate.

Daehyun grabbed his order when it was ready and started to leave. He got to the door and looked back over at the boy. Daehyun looked at his watch and saw he still had some time before he had to get back to work.

Daehyun went over to the boy's table. 'Can I join you?'

 

Baekhyun looked over and saw someone standing at his table.

'Umm...I guess'. Baekhyun looked at the boy carefully as he sat down. He looked familiar.

'I don't normally do this, but I've seen you a lot lately. Thought I would say hi'.

Baekhyun stared at him confused. 'You're not following me are you?'

Daehyun smiled. 'No, I pass through the park on my way to work.'

Baekhyun looked down at his bag and thought of the blanket. 'Are you the one that gave me the blanket?'

Daehyun nodded. 'I figured you could use it more than I do'.

'Thank you'. Baekhyun smiled.

'So, why are you staying in the park?' Daehyun asked taking a sip of his coffee.

'It's a long story.' Baekhyun sighed. 'I won't bore you with the details'.

'I listen to long boring meetings every week. You're story can't be that boring'.

Baekhyun smiled to himself surprised someone actually wanted to listen to him. 'It's just family problems. I had to get away'.

'You can't stay in the park forever'.

Baekhyun played with the lid on his drink trying to keep his fingers busy. 'I'm still working on what I'm going to do next'.

'Well, I would offer a place to stay. But I don't have one'.

Baekhyun stopped playing with the lid and looked up. 'I'm not staying with anyone when I don't even know their name.'

'I don't blame you. I wouldn't either'. Daehyun smiled. 'I'm Jung Daehyun'.

'Byun Baekhyun'. He said as he looked back down at his cup. 'Still not staying with a stranger'.

Daehyun looked at him carefully wondering what got him so upset. Then he watched Baekhyun as he played with the cup. 'Do you want another one?'

Baekhyun looked at Daehyun and followed his gaze to the cup. Baekhyun pushed the cup away from him. 'I'm fine'.

'What are you running away from?'

Baekhyun crossed his arms. 'We just met. I don't spill my secrets that easily'.

Daehyun was surprised by Baekhyun's sudden outburst but smiled. 'I won't tell anyone'.

'How do I know I can trust you?'

Daehyun sat back in his chair. 'Well give me my blanket back if you don't trust the person who gave it to you'. Daehyun gave a sly smile.

It was Baekhyun's turn to be surprised. 'You really know how to play hardball don't you?'

'I deal with a lot of interesting people at work. So you're not much different'.

Baekhyun pouted then got up to get another drink. But Daehyun beat him to it. 'I'll get it'. Daehyun said.

Baekhyun looked at him. 'It's ok, I've got it'.

Daehyun put his hand on Baekhyun's. 'My treat'.

'We just met. You've already given me a blanket'.

'A drink won't hurt'.

'Thanks'. Baekhyun looked at him.

Daehyun smiled and ordered two more drinks.

 

Baekhyun went to the bathroom as Daehyun waited for drinks. Baekhyun looked in the mirror as he washed his hands. He couldn't believe how awful he looked. His hair was messy and kind of greasy from not showering for a couple days. He couldn't believe he looked like this in front of a cute boy.

Baekhyun tried to fix his hair with his fingers. It wasn't working very well. He kept trying till he realized he actually cared if he looked bad in front of Daehyun. He couldn't believe he cared so much when they just met.

Baekhyun did what he could with his hair using his fingers and water. He left the bathroom and saw Daehyun at the table with their drinks.

Baekhyun sat down and started drinking his drink. He looked at Daehyun.

'So, why did you decide to help me last night? You don't know me'

Daehyun looked at him and shrugged. 'Is it wrong to do something nice?'

'No, I'm just surprised you wanted to help me'.

'I can't help myself, so thought I would help someone else'.

Baekhyun was confused. 'What do you mean you can't help yourself?'

Daehyun shook his head. 'Forget it. It doesn't matter'.

'Looks like both of us have secrets'. Baekhyun drank his drink.

'Everybody has secrets. It's not knowing who you can trust with them'.

'See? I told you'.

Daehyun smiled at he drank his drink. 'You did. So we're even now'.

Baekhyun nodded. Then they sat in silence for a few minutes.

 

Daehyun kept looking at Baekhyun. He knew Baekhyun couldn't stay in the park. He needed a place to stay, and a shower. Daehyun suddenly remembered one of Youngjae's family vacation homes nearby. They hardly used it.

'I know you said you don't want to go home with anyone, but I know a place you can stay'.

Baekhyun put his drink down and looked at Daehyun suspiciously. 'What's the catch?'

'No catch. You'd have the place to yourself'.

'I still think there's a catch. You can't be doing all of this without wanting something in return'. 

Daehyun's eyes got big. 'No'. He shook his head. 'It's not that. I just figured you'd want to get out of the cold, take a shower'.

Baekhyun sniffed his shirt. It did kind of smell. He also remembered how his hair looked in the bathroom. 'Ok, I'll check this place out. But you try anything, I'm gone'.

Daehyun looked at him confused. 'You've must of been through a lot'.

Baekhyun looked out the window and didn't say anything.

Daehyun got up and threw their trash away. 'Come on'. He said when he went back over to Baekhyun.

Baekhyun was still a little hesitant, but he grabbed his bags and followed Daehyun. Daehyun helped Baekhyun with his bags and they started walking to Youngjae's vacation home. 

 

When they got there, Daehyun let Baekhyun inside. Baekhyun looked around at the inside surprised at how expensive everything was. He turned to Daehyun.

'This is your place?'

Daehyun shook his head. 'No, it's a friend's house'.

'What kind of friends do you have? This place is huge.' Baekhyun said as he looked around.

Daehyun put Baekhyun's bags in the guest room. The room was as big as the living room. 

'You can stay in here. Bathroom is over there'. He pointed across the room.

'Are you sure I can stay here?' Baekhyun asked. 'I'm afraid to touch anything'.

Daehyun smiled. 'You're fine. The family hardly ever uses this place. So you'll have it to yourself as long as you're here'.

Baekhyun reached over and squeezed Daehyun's arm. 'Why are you doing this? We don't even know each other'.

Daehyun put his hand on top of Baekhyun's. 'You're not staying outside in the cold. 'No one deserves that.'

Baekhyun smiled at him. 'Thank you.'

'You're welcome'.

Daehyun looked at his watch and realized he was late for work. But right now he didn't care. He was more concerned about Baekhyun. He watched as Baekhyun kept looking at everything in the house. He was like a little kid. Daehyun thought it was cute. At least someone enjoyed it.