CH 8: Covers

Dear Neighbor [ HIATUS ]

 

 

CHAPTER 8 : COVERS

 

It has been three days when I last saw Joshua and no, I still haven’t texted him, because one, I’m shy as , two, what if he’s busy and I disturb him? And three, I still haven’t opened my phone because I still don’t know what to do with Seungcheol. God, I’m such a horrible person. And because of that, my boss, friends, and workmates are infuriated that I don’t answer any texts or calls. I told them that I lost my phone while I was out drinking. They teased me for a bit, but that shut them up. Though another problem arose, they told me to get a new phone. Which I should probably do. Because I badly want to text my neighbor. But he told me that he loved my handwritten letters, didn’t he? Or was I out of myself that I actually imagined things? Well whatever.

 

Before leaving for work today, I wanted to see Joshua. I can’t possibly last another day without seeing him. I might die out of frustration, if ever that is possible. I decided to not look too obvious so I dressed up with my gym clothes and grabbed a water bottle before waiting in front of my unit’s door.

 

Imagine me, in my gym clothes, sitting, rolling, jumping, and running around in front of my unit just to wait for a boy to come out because I’ve been missing him like crazy. Just imagine how dumb I look like. I can’t even bear to imagine myself doing this madness and here I am, actually doing it, for a boy who I haven’t seen for only just three days.  On the other note, it’s only 8 more days until our movie date. Friendly date, finally.

 

I went out of my house at 5:30 AM and it’s already 15 mins before seven and there are still no signs of Joshua. I was dancing while singing silently when suddenly someone came out of his unit. The guy is fully covered with a very thick winter jacket with the hood on and he is wearing a black cap and a black mask so I’m not able to see his face. I bowed when he passed by me and he bowed back. I pretended that I was exercising after that. After that, I gave up and decided to change clothes for work. Guess I won’t see Joshua today, too.

 

I’ve been leaving work early ever since I stopped talking to Seungcheol because I figured he might come to my office to wait for me to go home. My boss has been letting me do whatever I want ever since I started doing good at my job. Before leaving, I always cover my whole face like I’m a celebrity hiding from the paparazzi. I’m an for doing this but I just need to do this until I figure out what I should do. Should I break up with him?

 

I could list the reasons of why I should break up with my boyfriend of two years.

  1. Even before the moving in topic, Seungcheol and I were already slipping away from each other. Or maybe that was just me. So many unfortunate things have been happening in my life. I didn’t know back then if I wanted to stay in my job. I wanted to move away. I wanted to go back home and stay with my parents. I wanted to travel. I wanted to do so many things that it was frustrating me so much because I know I wouldn’t do all those. And Seungcheol remained like himself, the cool guy with a cool job who was happy all day every day. He never stopped smiling, and that annoyed me because he couldn’t even see that something was wrong with me or maybe he did but he never asked. He asks now though when he notices that something seems wrong.
  2. After the moving in topic was dropped, he felt more distant. And he knew he was feeling that way so he started to ask what’s wrong and he started to seem more understanding. Maybe it was just me, but that’s how I felt.
  3. I don’t miss him anymore.
  4. I don’t have a crush on him anymore.
  5. So many “I don’t …. Anymore.”
  6. Joshua.
  7. Hong.
  8. Neighbor.
  9. Crush.
  10. The ing mute.

 

Though, I could list the reasons of why I shouldn’t break up with him too.

  1. 2 years?
  2. Stable relationship?
  3. Stable job?
  4. Does what I want?
  5. Does sweet things?

 

But all of these are questions. But they’re good, right?

 

I stopped by the supermarket to buy supplies and tons and tons of food, chips, and beer before going home. I had a hard time carrying all of the grocery to my unit but I was able to do it anyway. When I got to our floor, I saw the same guy walking outside of Joshua’s apartment. And since I was slouching because of the heavy grocery, I was able to see his eyes.

Oh?

It’s. . .

Joshua.

“OH?!” I shouted and dropped the grocery bags that I was holding and pointed at him.

I saw his eyes smiled and he just waved before trying to run away. What? Why is he running away?!

I grabbed his arm and the hood of his jacket dropped as he turned around. I removed his hat and he turns his head to the other direction while trying to get away. He still has his mask on. What is the problem of this guy, seriously?

“I haven’t seen you for days.” I said and let him go.

He nodded and put his hands together as if he was praying and made a “forgive me” face before bowing a couple of times and ran away.

What the hell is the problem of that guy?! He ran away.

He was so red like a tomato. What happened?

 

I hurried to my unit to drop my grocery and grabbed a pen and a paper and started writing. I don’t know why but I’m mad.

 

“Dear Neighbor,

            If you terribly hated me and didn’t want to see me so bad, just tell me. You were red as a ing tomato. And here I was worried as because I haven’t seen you for so long and when I finally did, you didn’t want to see me. Well, who cares.

 

Jeonghan.”

 

Oh the irony. “Well, who cares. Jeonghan.”

I care.

So much that it’s making me mad.

 

 

(        A/N: Hi! I'll be writing two Valentine short stories, one is chanyeol x oc, and another is vernon x oc, and I will upload both of it tomorrow probably an hour apart. SO, I'll be updating this again hopefully by the end of the week. Thank you all for the support, I sarang you hearteu_ hearteu_ Also check out the new cover I did gasps!! but I made a mistake on the cropping and all goddamn it. and I don't have photoshop currently because it's in my other computer and i'm lazy to open hehe sos. but i feel happy about it, i hope you like it too and enjoy!! also, to the comments, i badly want to reply but i'm a bit busy still. i'll be replying y'all soon! thank you i love you so much!        )