CH 7: ILYSB

Dear Neighbor [ HIATUS ]

 

I grabbed my laptop and ran to my bedroom. I tried to catch my breath before going out but I ended up going out while breathing heavily.

Why am I too excited to see the guy who just left my apartment a few minutes ago?

When I got out to the balcony he is already there, strumming his guitar. He looked up and smiled at me. I didn’t smile back. I wanted to. But I was too scared that he might see how eager I am to see him. And that he might think I’m craving for him so much. Which I am, actually. But he can’t know that.

I sat on a chair and opened my laptop and started working.

He kept on randomly strumming his guitar until he stopped. I was watching his every move, trying to listen to his every breath that I can’t concentrate at all.  When he stopped, I know he is writing something on the paper pad again. I stared at him, as if trying to memorize every line on his face, every curve and every edge, every single detail. When he finished writing, I tried to look serious and furrowed my eyebrows while pretending to do my work on my laptop. He tried to wave at me to show what he wrote but I pretended not to see.

Ever since this guy disturbed my peaceful life, I’ve been developing skills on lying and pretending. That should be enough signs to conclude that this guy is a stranger that will bring danger but instead, my stupid heart is crushing on him so hard I can’t breathe properly every time he’s around!

He coughed and I took a second or two before looking up. He showed me the pad and it said, “What song do you want me to play?”

“Hmm, damn. Something calming. I can’t concentrate. Probably some indie music? I like indie so much. Ever heard of, ILYSB? By this band called LANY? The acoustic version?”

His eyes grew big from excitement as he nodded. He started strumming again and I can’t help but smile at how excited his expression is. Why is he so excited for a small thing? Like knowing a song that I suggested? It’s as if he’s saving the world by playing for me. But he actually is saving a world. My world.

He started playing and I hummed quietly as he performed. He looked at me and stopped.

“WHY STOP?”

Writes.

Even though I’m getting used to him and his writing, I have to admit, it’s frustrating.

“Because, sing. Don’t just hum. Sing.”
“Fine.”

Maybe because I’m still drunk, or maybe I’m a little too excited that I’m with him, or maybe it’s because it’s him, but I decided to sing anyway. My friends told me I’m a good singer anyway, so why not?

 

 

“Ain’t never felt this way.

Can’t get enough so stay, with me.

It’s not like we got big plans.

Let’s drive around town, holding hands.

And ‘ya need to know, you’re the only one alright, alright.

And ‘ya need to know that ya keep me up all night, all night… yeah.”

 

I don’t know if my lyrics were right. I don’t know if it’s dark because it seemed so bright. I don’t know if it’s still early or it’s already dawn but I felt happy and I never thought I could be this happy just because of a song.

 

“Oh my heart hurts so good, I love you, so bad… so bad.”

 

I don’t know if it’s him and the fact that he’s playing the guitar or if it’s the song and this moment but I imagined that the lyrics fit us even just for this little bit of an instant.

 

 

 

 

(    A/N: Has it been a while? I've been busy with a lot of reading for my courses lately that I barely have the time to write. I managed to write this short one today though. It's kind of like an extra chapter. Also, I'll be having a one week break starting the 20th so I might write a short story again and it would be a big help if you all suggest a couple I should write about! Please know that it will probably be a sad one shot again because coughs goingthroughaheartbreak coughs hahaha just kidding. But it seems like I always have a good time when writing sad one shots. Anyway, sorry for the short update for today! I'll try my best to upload another one this week. Hopefully. If not, I'll be sure to upload one next week! I upload once to thrice a week so yeah. Hope you enjoy this short one and thanks for the support! Love, Tin     )