Chapter 15

Stand by me

Hayoung was really contented to have Woohyun by her side. He never failed to make her smile with his little surprises day by day. Whether it was the roses he gave to her or the sweet notes he placed on the table for her to read when he went to work, she appreciated everything that he presented to her. There was rarely any arguments between them. If there was, it was probably because they were fighting about who was going to give in first, just like on that day when they were having their date.

“You can enter first.” Hayoung held the door of the café for Woohyun but Woohyun didn’t enter just like what Hayoung had proposed.

“A lady should go first, that’s how a gentleman should act.” Woohyun gestured with his arm to usher her to go in. She didn’t even budge as she still waited for him to enter first.

“How about we enter together? That will be much better right?” Woohyun suggested. He then put his arm around her shoulder before they both went in at the same time, laughing at their silliness. The time spent with Woohyun was really precious to Hayoung. After their brunch at the café, they headed to the park with Woohyun’s bicycle, the same bicycle which Hayoung first met Woohyun with. The weather also appeared to be on her side as well; the azure sky filled with fluffy white clouds and also the branches that occupied with leaves swaying to the direction of the wind. The refreshing breeze also brushed past her as Woohyun cycled at a moderate speed. The day couldn’t be more than perfect already, she presumed.

While Woohyun parked his bike near the tree where they first met, Hayoung dashed to the ice-cream truck nearby to purchase their favourite flavours. The couple just sat down as they enjoyed with their desserts. The comfortable silence between them was enough to show their deep relationship. Just when she thought this was the perfect date she was anticipating for, she spotted a familiar back from afar.

“Woohyun-ah, let’s go home.” Hayoung immediately got up as she tried to pull Woohyun along.

“Why? What happened?” He was confused by her sudden change in behaviour but he allowed her to drag him. Hayoung occasionally looked behind to see whether the man noticed her but he seemed unaware of her presence as he continued observing the surroundings. She had actually forgot about his existence ever since she led a happy married life with Woohyun, but of course, he had to appear where she least expected it.

Mr. Lee was in the park, and he was searching for someone. Specifically, Lee Hayoung.

 

 

The hospital reeked the smell of sanitisers, Hayoung had to admit. Since she was here in the morning for a check-up, she had requested to meet him a few days later during lunch hour while Woohyun was still at work but the man was still nowhere to be found. Soon after waiting for him at one of the benches near the reception table, he came towards her running.

“Lee Sungjong! What took you so long?” She grumbled to her cousin.

“I was needed in the emergency room earlier. Sorry!” They headed to the eatery which was on the first floor of the building to catch up with each other. That wasn’t the only reason why she wanted to see him though. After receiving their orders, they went to one of the empty tables before Hayoung took her first bite.

“Why do you suddenly want to see me? It’s quite unusual for you to see me personally when we often talked through the phone.” Sungjong began.

“I went for a check-up just now because I want to confirm my suspicions. Lately, I have been vomiting quite frequently and my period didn’t came for more than two months now.” She haven’t finished her explanation when Sungjong interrupted.

“Wait… You’re pregnant?” Hayoung silently nodded. Sungjong, on the other hand, clapped happily like a seal as he was clearly glad to hear such a news from her. However, he soon stopped when he noticed her unreadable expression.

“You don’t seem happy about it. What’s wrong?” Hayoung could only sigh deeply before she spoke.

“I don’t know how to break this news to Woohyun.” She confessed.

“Why not you prepare a special meal for him before you tell him? Or maybe do a special event for him?” Sungjong came up with some ideas. “But one thing for sure, don’t wait too long to tell him. He has the right to know.” He advised. He knew his cousin and his friend would be just fine despite Hayoung’s hesitance to announce it to her husband.

“Thanks Sungjong. I’ll tell him later since he’s very busy with his work currently.” Hayoung thanked with a sombre look.

 

 

At McDonalds’ however, the atmosphere was very light during the lunch hour. The whole of INFINITE, except for Sungjong, were having their meals together. With Hoya and Dongwoo working in McDonalds’ while the rest in The Daily Buzz, it was easy to meet up since their workplaces were very close at the fast-food restaurant. Hoya helped in serving the burgers and fries while Sungyeol aided in distributing the drinks for them before they joined in their group’s discussion.

“How is it possible that you guys never get mad at each other?” Dongwoo asked to the married man.

“Because we love each other too much, that’s why. Plus, nothing could go wrong in our relationship.” Woohyun simply stated as he smiled at the thought of his lovely wife.

“Ay… there must be some conflict for both of you to become even closer.” Sungyeol retorted as he eyed on Myungsoo who was drinking his Americano. The young man immediately scrunched his face in disgust as soon as he tasted his beverage. Sungyeol instantly roared with laughter upon seeing his expression while the rest of the members witnessed the commotion before they finally understood what was going on.

“You’re still pranking on Myungsoo?” Hoya questioned.

“How can I not? He’s so gullible at these things, it just makes me want to do more pranks on him. But I can’t do that more often since I have to protect his image as the highly renowned photographer in our country.”

“Aish… Seriously Sungyeol?!” Myungsoo got up from his seat to buy another drink for himself as Sungyeol continued laughing at his reaction. Sunggyu just shook his head as he chuckled upon seeing the interaction between the two grown men. He then noticed that Woohyun was getting up as well.

“Where are you going Woohyun?” Sunggyu inquired.

“I need to go back to work. There’s still plenty of tasks I had to do.” After answering his question, Woohyun took his leave while the rest of his friends was still enjoying their lunchtime. When Woohyun had really left and Myungsoo had returned, Sungyeol had asked the rest to gather closer.

“Don’t you guys want some drama between the couple?” The rest didn’t comment anything as Sungyeol continued. “Why not we put in some drama?”

“What do you have in mind? Won’t they get hurt like this?” Sunggyu was the first to share his thoughts.

“I was thinking… maybe during the fifth anniversary party of our company, we can ask a female colleague to ‘accidentally’ slipped and fall on Woohyun's arms and Myungsoo can capture the scene with his camera.” Sungyeol clarified.

“Why me?! And what makes you think I want to be involve in your plan?!” Myungsoo quickly interjected.

“Because you’re a photographer, and you might want to consider this offer since I could stop doing pranks on you if you agree to this.” Myungsoo soon quieten down when he heard his friend’s deal.

“But which lady will be willing enough to do this?” Hoya asked.

“I know who!” Dongwoo shouted. All eyes were on him, including the customers who were at the restaurant. Dongwoo immediately bowed to the customers for causing a din. As soon as Dongwoo sat down, he noticed his friends were all ears as they waited for Dongwoo to continue.

“My younger sister worked in The Daily Buzz and she’s part of the financial department, where Woohyun is. Isn’t that great?” Dongwoo smiled at his revelation. The rest were undeniably surprised as their mouth went agape. They absolutely have no idea that Dongwoo had a sibling, moreover someone who worked in the company. Sungyeol was the first to voice out.

“That’s great then! I’ll try to meet her whenever possible. What’s her name?”

“Jang Dahae.” Dongwoo replied.

“What if things go wrong along the way? Will you be responsible for it, Sungyeol-ah?” Hoya questioned as he was concerned with how the couple might react.

“Definitely! I’ll tell them the truth if the plan goes out of hand.” Sungyeol smugly responded, already feeling confident that his idea was going to work.

Somehow at the corner of the table, Sunggyu had a premonition about this simply because Sungyeol was in charge. Sunggyu only hoped that it was just an intuition that would go away sooner or later.

 

 

 A/N: Hmmm... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) [That's all I can say for now :))]