Chapter 13

Stand by me

It was 9 in the morning when Hayoung woke up in his embrace. They were still bared due to last night’s activity, with only a white blanket covering their bodies. Woohyun was still sleeping soundly, probably exhausted. She took this opportunity to his features. She started brushing her index finger over his quite even eyebrows, then moving slowly to his nose bridge before she finally let her finger linger on his plump scarlet lips for an interminable moment. It was the same lips that captured her heart and also caused her heart to beat in high frequencies. Still letting her finger rest on his lips, she grinned as she recalled the fluttering moments with him. However, that wasn’t for long as Woohyun shocked her by lightly biting her index finger, resulting her to yelp a little.

“Woohyun!” Hayoung retracted her hand back as his eyes remained close while he smiled cheekily. She couldn’t be mad at him for so long when he was acting like a child like this. She was about to get up when Woohyun suddenly pulled her back again.

“Don’t go. Let’s just stay in our bed for the whole day.” Pleading, he pouted his thick lips and gave her that cute look she found hard to resist just so that she would yield to his request.

“You don’t give me that look. We’ll go explore Jeju Island today. I’m going to get ready.” Reassuring herself that she wouldn’t be wavered with her decision, she quickly got up and chose her choice of outfit for the day. Hayoung, however, forgot something though.

“By the way, what a nice you have.” Turning crimson with embarrassment, Hayoung immediately searched for a towel to cover herself up before she immediately dashed to the bathroom.

 

 

The air was rich with hydrangeas when the couple stepped out from the hotel. Hayoung had always desired to experience horseback riding at least once in her lifetime so she had dragged Woohyun along to Jeju Riding Park. He didn’t resist much though as he was satisfied with anything Hayoung wanted. After paying the fees for an hour ride, the couple was ushered by one of the workers to where the horses were. With the help of the worker, Hayoung got on a horse but she was surprised to know that Woohyun was on the same horse as he sat behind her.

“Why are you here? Don’t you want to try riding on your own?”

“I just don’t want to be away from you, not even for a second.” Hayoung giggled at his response even though his body language seemed to portray differently. Despite having a guide to ensure their safety from afar, Woohyun kept swallowing his saliva for a couple of times as he held on her hands a bit too firmly. This was also the first time Woohyun ever tried horseback riding and he was truly nervous. He was perplexed as to how his wife could be so excited about this even though it was also her very first experience. Even the grassy plains around him didn’t help to calm his nerves.

“Why are you so quiet?” Hayoung broke the silence after quite some time.

“It’s nothing.” He said softly as he inhaled deeply to her scent at her nape. The action had somehow became his second nature whenever he desired for some comfort. Hayoung sensed his troubled expression, but decided not to probe him any further as they rode at a low speed. After a good ten minutes, Woohyun had gotten used to the gallop and he began to relax himself throughout the ride. Hayoung was glad that he was back to his usual self as Woohyun continued to make her smile with his cheesy remarks.

When they had ended their session with the horseback riding, both Woohyun and Hayoung headed to the beach for a casual stroll. The breeze was refreshing and the sound of the children laughing as they played around was music to her ears. All she could think of at the moment was about starting a family with him. Despite already married to him, she wasn’t sure whether he was ready to be the father of their children. She allowed her feet to sink in the sand as she ambled near the waters while letting her mind wondering for some time. This time though, Woohyun was the one who broke the silence between them.

“What are you thinking about?” Woohyun asked as they both sat down, facing the ocean.

“I’m just thinking about us, about having a family.” She spoke in quiet tones.

“Then why do you look so sad?” To say that he didn’t notice her uneasy expression would be an obvious lie. It was near night time so the breeze that was blowing was quite cold, causing Hayoung to shiver a little. Woohyun who was beside her took the initiative to warm her up by rubbing her arms to create friction, since he didn’t have a jacket with him. Hayoung acknowledged his kindness as she smiled a little to express her gratitude.

“Do you want to have children?” She questioned.

“I want to, if you’re the mother to the children.” His short reply was enough to bring a huge smile on her face.

“Let’s head to our room. It’s getting darker.” Woohyun reached out for her hand as he stood up. Hayoung, however, was a bit upset that it was the last day of their honeymoon and Woohyun definitely noticed it as he chuckled in delight.

“Just because our vacation ends here doesn’t mean my love stops here as well, Sweetheart.”

 

A/N: This marks the end of the honeymoon I guess... There will still be such moments in the future chapters but not very often though, because the drama is yet to come :)