Epilogue

Flirt
Please log in to read the full chapter

Doing the same routine in the morning, she checked her last appearance before driving off to the shop. As usual, Yoona greeted her first once she arrived then asked Kyungsoo, the other chef, to carry the new loads in her car since he was the only man in the shop.

Thanking the man, she went to the counter, checking the needs, and heaved a relieved sigh when she was satisfied with the new decorations. The walls were painted in baby blue-colored; also the painting on the wall and the shop looked cozy yet classic too.

Not long after that, the bell on the door chimed, indicating the first customer of the day. She did not turn around yet since she was too pre-occupied with the design, but she caught Yoona's head in the kitchen. She then realized that she needed to help Yoona with the counter for the time being since the kid was still eating and laughing with Yuri.

Turning around, she held her breath when she saw the very familiar brunette with the other woman.

Smiling in gratitude, "Good morning, Miss. The usual breakfast or--?"

She earned a chuckle for that.

"Loosen down, darling. We're going to watch a movie today, right?" the customer asked, and Taeyeon did not miss the sparkling eyes of hers.

"Hmmm... No?" she raised an eyebrow as she checked yesterday's sales. She squinted her eyes at the screen. She was happy when she saw the numbers increased.

When she was done, she lifted her head, wondering why the customer had gone very quiet.

"One iced americano please," Jessica's intense stare bore into her eyes.

She quickly averted her eyes to the computer screen, punching the said drink. One thing she knew, Tiffany was not with Jessica. Realizing the situation, she searched for the brunette and caught her talking with a man at the entrance, too close for her liking.

Unconsciously, her eyes narrowed as she watched how Tiffany's talking and also laughing while touching the arm of the man.

"Can you please put your jealousy aside, please? I need my drink," Jessica's voice brought her back to the customer. She looked at Jessica, who looked displeased enough by the annoyed tone.

Taeyeon nodded and mentally sighed. Jessica handed the bills then walked to the usual table that she and Tiffany would sit at.

Bringing back her attention to the two figures, she watched as they made their way to the counter without breaking her glares.

After their dinner date last week, both of them agreed to getting-know-with-each-other part first before putting a label on them. Since then, they met each other every single day, partly at the shop but sometimes they also went out. Taeyeon too aware of Tiffany's status as a CEO, but she never took the brunette for granted. Though they would sometimes fight over who should pay whenever they went out but to Tiffany's dismay, Taeyeon always won. Every single time. Of course, she was pissed, but Taeyeon didn't seem to care about it.

They would sometimes hold hands or even gave a peck on the cheek, but they never went far from that. "Let's take it slowly. Baby steps," Taeyeon once said when Tiffany would sometimes lean forward unconsciously.

She must be lying if she said she didn't have any feeling for the brunette. Heck, she was even confident that the atmosphere was more than what she intended, but she was not brave enough to confess. Or even worse, she was afraid that the brunette only thought of her as a friend and nothing more. And they only knew each other for like a week.

Tiffany's giggles brought her back to reality. She didn't realize that Yoona had finally back, and she was in charge of the order. Since when did she even sit on the stool anyway?

Perhaps Tiffany finally found her as an annoying person, yeah that must be it. Who even likes her anyway? She sighed deeply, then walked to her office. It only made her heart hurting more if she stayed longer.

***

"Where's she going?"

Tiffany looked at the pointed figure. She shrugged, "I don't know?" Nonetheless, she kept on clinging her partner's arm while giving her order to Yoona. She lets go of the arm when she handed the bills then stuck to it again, noticing the glares Yoona and Sooyoung were given behind the counter, she just shrugged.

She brought along the man with her to their usual place, Jessica was still giving her full attention to her phone, probably replying to emails.

"Hi, Siwon," Jessica said heartily though her eyes still not leaving the phone.

The said person took a sit while still trying to bear the clinging Tiffany unto her, like a koala. "Hello, Jessica. Still, the same Jessica, acting very cold. Loosen up a bit, will ya?" Siwon teased the younger girl, but he muted all of sudden when he received a glare from her.

Introducing Siwon, Tiffany's closest cousin, and she also treated him like her brother. They were inseparable ever since diapers. Siwon was two years older than her, but the didn't bother them a bit. Siwon was always with her whenever she gets bullied. He could be her guardian, her hero, her brother, and anything she wants, but it was even quite crazy when they were in middle school. Siwon and his family had to move to Japan because her father had a family business to run over there.

It was the first heartbreak Tiffany ever felt. It was not like the heartbreak feel of being broken up but possibly worse than that. Siwon was her first friend, and though she had a lot of other cousins, she was comfortable with him. He made her feel safer. After knowing the sudden leaving of her cousin, she tried to persuade her parents to move to Japan, but of course, they didn't.

But months after that, she accepted the reality. Siwon also often visited her once or even twice a month, so it was good progress.

But now, her cousin was getting much busier since he was the one who handled the company, so he didn't visit her for two months, only sending gift

Please log in to read the full chapter