CH-2

CHOICES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 2

 

**

 

Mina is reading the reports that were sent to her earlier. Tzuyu already left since the younger still has work to do. She has been scanning and reading the components of the project and found out that it was halfway done. The girl suddenly gets curious on why Mr. Yoo had to abandon it.

 

“It’s like 50% of the project is already done? What the hell happened to him.” she mutters to herself sill scanning the papers.

 

Just then a knock on her door breaks her musing. “Miss Myoui its Jihyo.” She hears her secretary says on the other side.

 

“Come in.” she answers placing the folder down. Her secretary walks with a nervous aura around her even almost tripping on nothing. This makes Mina sigh loudly. “Jihyo can you be more careful? Why are you even tripping?”

“So..sorry Miss Myoui.” She bows repeatedly apologizing for her clumsy self.

 

Even though Jihyo has been Mina’s secretary for 3 months she is still afraid of her boss. The girl never smiles at her and makes snarky side comments on her. She is also known to be a little y having fired 4 employees in 2 months-time (and all of those were her secretary)

The only time Jihyo saw Mina smile was that time her girlfriend Kim Jisoo went to visit her. It was so rare that Jihyo thought she was dreaming.

 

“Miss Myoui the President is calling for you.” Jihyo says looking at her boss with a small smile.

“You could’ve said that on the intercom.” Mina stands up combing her hair with her hands. Jihyo stands on the side as she watches Mina leave the room.

 

“Phew.” Jihyo sighs in relief

 

--

 

“I guess your father already told you that you’re taking over that project in Japan.” The old Mr. Myoui said while smiling. Mina nods her head keeping her usual stoic face. “Good. I trust you to finish it nicely alright? Mr. Yoo’s daughter Jeongyeon is there to assist you.”

“Can I ask why Mr. Yoo had to abandon the project?”

“He’s sick and requested to have a vacation.” Mina sighs inwardly “I already forwarded the files to your secretary and she’s already booked you a flight.” Mr. Myoui looks at his phone “Yup here just now.” he smiles

 

--

 

The lights are all off when Mina arrives in her own home. She lazily slumps her shoulder as she carries her stuff inside the house.

 

Mina has been feeling down ever since finding out that she's going to Japan next week. She would've been fine if it'll be just a visit but no she needs to be there until the project is done.

 

"If only that idiot brother of mine cares about this family then I wouldn't be the one being stuck in this situation." She said to herself while opening the door.

 

A loud HAPPY BIRTHDAY greeted Mina when she flicked the lights on, confetti's burst out from everywhere and a loud sound of a horn blasted. Mina sees all her closest friends standing there with party hats on their head. She totally got surprised seeing her girlfriend Jisoo in front of everyone while holding a cake.

 

"Happy Birthday babe!" Jisoo says with a smile.

 

"Happy birthday bud!" Tzuyu greeted after popping champagne on her hand. "We surprised you huh?!"

 

Mina shakes her head with a smile on her face. The feeling of gloom suddenly felt away. She pulls Jisoo close and gave her a chaste kiss on the lips. "Thank you."

 

"Yayyyy let's parteeeey!" Tzuyu yells and the loud music blasted again.

 

--

 

After their party Mina and Jisoo thanked everyone who celebrated with them. Mostly were their friends from college and some of Jisoo's co-worker. Mina doesn't have that much of friends on work that's why.

 

"Tzuyu-ah! Are you sure you can drive home? You seem pretty drunk to be honest." Jisoo worriedly states seeing Mina's cousin on the porch.

"Ahh unnie I'm fine don't worry." She waves her hand off. "I've had worst." She grins

"Hey idiot I can drive you home you know." Mina appears after taking the trash out.

"Nah I'm cool! Don't worry. You can enjoy your time with Jisoo unnie first." She gives them a malicious smile.

"Ahh seriously you're an idiot." Mina playfully smacks Tzuyu's arm.

"I'll be going now. And happy birthday again my beloved cousin!"

 

--

 

Jisoo and Mina were lying on the latter's bed with Jisoo cuddled close to Mina's chest. The younger was gently Jisoo's soft hair.

 

"Is there something wrong?" Jisoo asks turning her gaze to Mina but the younger's gaze is still fix on the ceiling.

"I'm leaving." She says solemnly and with that Jisoo fixes her position to look at Mina.

"What?"

 

Mina sighs and finally returns Jisoo's gaze. "I'll go to Japan. This project in Osaka by Mr. Yoo was handed to me."

"Wait you're going to Japan? When!?" Jisoo finally sit straight up eyes still glued to Mina.

"Yeah my grandfather personally told me earlier. I hate it but I can't do anything." Mina looks at Jisoo apologetically "I don't know how long I'll be staying there."

 

Jisoo frowns but she still cups Mina's face in her hands. She gives her a small smile before kissing her on the forehead. "And they told you this on your birthday? Hmm." Mina chuckles "I understand it's part of your work Mina." The younger hold Jisoo's hand with her own kissing them.

 

"I'm sorry I won't be present for Dalgom's birthday. I promise to send him gifts though." This made Jisoo laugh.

 

And when Jisoo laughs Mina laughs too. There's just something about the girl's laughter that's too infectious for Mina.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter