CH-5

CHOICES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

 

**

 

Sana is sleeping peacefully when a loud bang on her door surprises her making her jolt in her sleep.  She slept late since she needed to make reports that her boss requested her and she also made her boss schedules for this and next week. The poor girl had to contact other department heads for Mina’s meetings.

 

“YAH MINATOZAKI SANA GET UP!” Her older brother Yuta shouted opening Sana’s door with his arms crossed.

“Yuta please I still need to sleep.” Sana groans as she pulls the blanket to cover her face

“NO! Breakfast is already served and do you want to be late for work? Get up lazy . I’ll drive you to work.”  Yuta walks towards Sana’s bed and pulls the blanket off Sana. He also pulls Sana’s pillows making Sana glare at him “HAHA you look ugly.” He laughs when he sees Sana’s face

“Shut up you idiot! GET OUT OF MY ROOM!” Sana shouts still glaring at her brother. Yuta grins then slams the blanket and pillow to Sana’s face. “YAAAAAHHH!” Yuta runs out of the door before Sana could hit her back.

 

--

 

When Sana arrives at the kitchen the family is already starting their breakfast. She smiles seeing the site of her family smiling and sharing stories to each other. Her mother notices her and calls her to join them.

 

“Come on Sana let’s eat now.” Her mom places some food on Sana’s plate

“Thanks Mom.” She smiles then starts eating.

“So how’s your first day with your boss?” Her mother starts “Is he nice?” The family stops eating then looks at Sana expectantly. She gives them a smile before nodding her head. “What was he like?”  

“It’s a she Mom.” She answers when she finishes chewing her food “And it’s just our first meeting I don’t know how is she exactly.” Sana sees Yuta smirk and fully knowing her brother she points a finger at him “Shut up I know what you’re going to say.”

“What? I’m not even saying anything.” Yuta laughs then their father joins too

“Ugh I hate you guys.” Sana pouts

“Is she beautiful Sana?” Mr. Minatozaki asks and the rest just laughs including Sana’s nephew.

“Sana-noona do you like your boss?” Her nephew question making Sana’s eyes wide, this made them laugh more.

“WHAT!? NO! YAH YUTA WHAT ARE YOU TEACHING YOUR SON!”

“It’s okay honey .. remember that time when you –“

“NO MOM! Oh gosh can we stop this already.”

 

Yuta made fun of Sana by mentioning her infatuation with her manager when she was still working at the coffee shop last year. Her family knows that she likes girls and they were all accepting of it. They even push Sana to find a girlfriend but relationships are not on Sana’s priority as of the moment.

 

“I’m done I’ll prepare the car now.” Yuta stands up from his seat “Ryuki when you finish the food get your things okay.”

 

Sana drinks her orange juice before standing up. “I’m done too.” She picks her bags up and all her folder and folios.

“Sana.” Her father calls Sana making Sana look at him

“I’ll be outside.” Yuta says going out of the house

“ME TOO! PAPPAH WAIT!” Ryuki gets up and picks his bag before running towards the door

“Yes Dad?”

“Thank you so much.” He stands up then touches Sana’s cheek “I’m sorry you had to give up your savings and your dream of travelling –“

“Dad it’s okay.” Sana smiles at him then looks at her mother too “It’s for the family.”

“Thank you so much Sana-yah.” Her mother hugs her from the side.

 

While Sana was still studying she also worked part-time in a café near her school. She worked there for a year and half to save a gift for herself; travelling to Greece when she finishes her college. She did graduate and worked for another 6 months to have enough money for the travel. But just a month later her father lost his job because of his illness. He developed kidney infections making it hard for him to continue his job.

 

“Dad it’s for the family.” Sana hugs her parents “I will do anything for all of you.”

 

Sana found out that their house was put on lease to the bank. Of course she didn’t want the family to be homeless she decided to just pay their debts to the bank with her savings. She was also the one who lent her brother money to pay for his taxi’s down payment.  Sana’s savings were spent in an instant so when Momo told her about her company looking for a new secretary she didn’t think twice on applying.

 

--

“Bye PAPA! Bye Aunt Sana.” Ryuki kisses Sana’s cheeks and his father’s before getting out of the car.

“Do well in school okay? Study hard!” Yuta shouts

“Take care Yuki-ah!” Sana waves at her little nephew while smiling

 

Yuta started the engine and drives off away. Sana is silent while looking outside the window. Yuta notices this she pokes Sana’s ribs with his right hand. “Hey what is it?”

“Huh?” Sana looks at him confusion etched on her face

“You’re silent.” His eyes still on the road “Something bothering you?”

“I was just thinking.” Sana says sighing “Dad’s operation next month.” She looks at her brother with a small frown

“Don’t worry about it.” Yuta pats her head softly

“Yeah I know it’s just that .. “ Sana closes her eyes “I want him to get better you know but we lack the money if only I could do 2 jobs a day.” Yuta laughs at her sister

“You’re thinking too much Sana don’t worry okay? We’ll get through this.” Sana hums but still thinking of a way to earn more money.

 

//

 

When Mina arrives Sana was already on her desk and reading some paper works. She quietly passes by her and Sana realizes that Mina arrived when the door to her office opens.

 

“Miss Myoui! Good Morning!” She greets the latter while bowing at her

“Hmm.” Mina hums while unlocking her door

“I did the reports Miss Myoui.” She picks the folder on the table and gently hands it to Mina

“Yeah okay.” Mina dismisses as she enters her office.

 

Sana could only sigh as she watches the door close slowly.

 

//

 

The family members are all seated on the big table when Jisoo arrive downstairs. Her eyes immediately caught sight of her big sister Taeyeon. She looks at her and sees that Taeyeon was already looking back at her with a smile.

 

“Now Jisoo’s here we can all eat.” Her father announces motioning for Jisoo to sit down.

“Good Morning.” Jisoo greets when she sits beside Yerim

“Good Morning to you too Jisoo.” Her father smiles at her “Aren’t you going to greet your sister?” Jisoo looks at Taeyeon again. She gives her a small smile.

“Welcome back unnie.” Taeyeon just smirks at her.

 

The breakfast went on with Mr. Kim and Taeyeon talking about the company’s status. Taeyeon’s face was unreadable when her father mentioned that they’re having a hard time achieving the # 1 status after the Jung’s entered the scene 3 years ago, the same time Taeyeon left the country.  Jisoo is trying her best to keep up but her mind drift off to somewhere like, why aren’t they talking about more nice things: Yerim’s about to graduate why not prepare for it, or why not talk about Suho? When will their brother come back again? Jisoo doesn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter