Why Minkyung Is a Bad, but Not the Worst, Leader

Exploding Dishes and Other Reasons Im Nayoung is Tired

Sungyeon's been doing this superhero thing for a while. When she was ten, she convinced her parents to let her go to Korea to train. It was easy, considering the citizenship laws, and there was no way that Sungyeon was going to be in the Military. When she was eleven, she left for the summer to visit Pledis, the organization that her father had contacted. Again, there was no way she was going to be in the military. Besides, being a superhero was sort of a cool idea. Every summer since then, Sungyeon has gone back to train. 

So yeah. Sungyeon is no stranger to weird stuff, but this is something that even she hasn't seen yet. 

Sungyeon isn't quite sure what she was expecting to find when she decides to investigate the thud and yelp that came from the kitchen. They were supposed to be getting ready for Minkyung's ill-advised zoo adventure, so Sungyeon didn't think it could be so bad, but when she gets to the kitchen, she sees Eunwoo with Kyungwon in a headlock and Minkyung pinned under her.

Sungyeon clears and the three whip their heads around to look at her. Or two of them do--Eunwoo has Kyungwon in an impressively tight headlock, it seems. Kyungwon wriggles a little and glares at the wall, obviously a little humiliated that Eunwoo of all people manages to beat her in a physical scuffle. Eunwoo looks between Sungyeon, Kyungwon, and Minkyung a few times before shrugging. "This...isn't what it looks like?"

Sungyeon backs out of the kitchen, bumping into the doorway, hands up to ward off evil and questionably positioned heroes in training. "I don't know what this is supposed to look like and I don't think I want to." As Sungyeon makes her way back down the hall to her room, she wonders why everyone on this team is so weird. With the possible exception of her roommates and Nayoung. Although even Nayoung participates in the weird screechy cute stuff that Eunwoo loves. And Yewon has a penchant for bringing plants and animals home. And Kyla, well Kyla has an issue with unintentional electrocution but Sungyeon supposes she can't really blame that on Kyla.

And now Minkyung was suggesting they go to the zoo. Why Minkyung thought the zoo was a good idea after the Bunny Incident, Sungyeon has no idea. But Minkyung is the leader, no matter how bad her ideas are. 

Oh Nayoung, why are you not here?

Sungyeon takes it upon herself to keep some semblance of Nayoung's rules enforced when she's away, and armed with her "Nayoung Voice" and a righteous fury, she's doing a pretty good job, in her opinion. 

Maybe it's her American speaking, but some rules are good. Like the ones that prevent whatever is happening in the kitchen. No, Sungyeon really doesn't need to know that part of the other girls' lives. 

Also the rules about the zoo. Sungyeon wonders how Minkyung managed to get everyone to go along with the plan. Did she develop memory control powers and make everyone else forget about what happened last time? Sungyeon saw Kyla's panicky look, so she knows that's not the case.
 
At this point, it really doesn't matter because, an hour later, Sungyeon finds herself in the back of the van in the parking lot of the zoo. Sungyeon really, really doesn't know how Minkyung got everyone to agree to this. It has bad idea written all over it and everyone, even the ever-optimistic Yewon, knows it. Had they not been here before? Had Nayoung not banned them from ever returning? Had it not been for a very, very good reason? But Sungyeon knows Minkyung is the sort of determined that even her Nayoung voice doesn't work on. 

Honestly, she has no idea why the organization even gives unregistered teams vans. It's not like they have anywhere to go further than walking distance. And it means they sneak out and do stuff like this. Sungyeon mourns the day Minkyung learned to drive. 

---

"Alright, folks!" Minkyung's using her best impression of a radio announcer. "Before we go, let's review the rules." Minkyung pulls a crumpled piece of paper from her backpack.

"When did you draft those?"

"I have my ways." Minkyung smirks, wiggling her eyebrows in a way that seems a little inappropriate for the situation.

Kyungwon glances over Minkyung's shoulder. "You mean you have a pen and Nayoung's rules from last time and marked them up."

Minkyung nods, smiling. "Absolutely. Let's review."

"Hold up." Kyungwon takes the paper and scans it, keeping Minkyung back with one hand. "How come you don't have any rules?"

"As interim leader, I've removed all rules as a precaution in case I need to use my powers for good." Minkyung seems to have given up trying to get her rule sheet back.

"For good?" Sungyeon scoffs. That's a load of crap. "Like getting a good look at Yebin's through her clothes?"

"Uh uh. Language." Minkyung looks back at her with a -eating grin. Sungyeon could seriously strangle her.

"Don't make me use my Nayoung voice."

"I-ok." Minkyung's face falls and she turns back around. Sungyeon can hear her mutter "should have made no Nayoung voice a rule."

Sungyeon turns her attention to Kyungwon, who's only infinitesimally more responsible than Minkyung. She's still looking over the sheet, furrowing her eyebrows. "Can I see it?"

Kyungwon looks up for a second and nods. "Gimme two secs." Sungyeon hears Eunwoo whisper "" to Siyeon in the way back. The two giggle and Sungyeon is reminded that Eunwoo's sense of humor never evolved from a middle school level.

"Here." Kyungwon s the paper towards Sungyeon, almost punching Yebin in the ear in the process. Yebin flops her head to the side to avoid the blow and eyes Kyungwon's hand.

Sungyeon reads over the sheet. She'll admit that Minkyung's rules aren't bad, meaning she hasn't changed a lot from the first time they went to the zoo, except she's added some from their experience. It's really not bad at all.

Rules for the Zoo:
Minkyung:
~~Minkyung has removed all rules for her under her powers as interim leader.~~

Kyungwon:
1. Kyungwon is allergic to the fluffy animals. Definitely try to keep her away from the petting zoo
2. Don't let Kyungwon challenge the ant exhibit's "strongest animal alive" fact sheet.
3. Kyungwon is not allowed to launch anyone over any fence.

Eunwoo:
1. Don't let Eunwoo near the petting zoo.
2. Always keep an eye (and preferably a hand) on Eunwoo
3. Keep a spare set of clothing for Eunwoo in case she goes full animal

Yebin:
1. Make sure Yebin controls herself in the Educational Theater.
2. Do not let Yebin challenge the giraffes to a height battle. Yebin will win (again), the giraffe will be mad (again), and they'll all be thrown out (again). 
~~By girlfriend and leader powers, Minkyung says Yebin only has two rules~~

Yewon:
1. Either set aside a strict budget or don't let Yewon see the Gift Shop.
2. Don't let Kyungwon let her stay.
3. Don't let Yewon watch the cuddle-able animals movie in the educational theater. She'll glow.

Sungyeon:
1. The Bug Zone is a no-go. For everyone's safety.
2. Same with snakes.
3. Stop Sungyeon from hearing the loons. She hates them.

Siyeon
1. Siyeon is not allowed near the kids' area. Last time she sprained her ankle at the jungle gym there.
2. Siyeon is not allowed to challenge the kids' area MC to a rap battle again. Visits may not end in violence again.
3. Just really don't let Siyeon near the kids' zone. 

Kyla:
1. For Kyla's sake, avoid the sprinklers and misters.
2. Keep Kyla clear of the battery operated toys in the gift shop.
3. Warn Kyla before showing her creepy crawlies.

---

A/N

I am all too aware of how long it's been since I last updated it. I'm so sorry. Hopefully, I'll get some more inspiration and be able to pull off a couple of new chapters. If you haven't already noticed, I'm updating my oneshot collection a little more frequently. As it is, this is what I have in me. I'm aware that it's all filler (though, really, hasn't it all been?) and is totally cheating with that list at the end. Oops? 

This is most certainly still active, and now that I've been through all the characters, I'll be able to double back and finish some arcs.

Thanks for sticking with me, 

Elly