Spirit

Better To Stay?! | (BTS x Reader)

YOONGI'S POV.

 

I gulped silently as we walked out.
She was the girl from the airport. Right here at my company. And inside it!
How did she get in?
Wait. Right. Min Joon was probably the reason. But why was she there?

 

"Ya, Yoongi!"


I snapped out of my thoughts from Namjoon's yell.


"What?"
"You weren't even paying attention." He nagged "What is it you're thinking about so much?"
"Well.. Remember the girl we just passed by, she was the one from the airport."
"Wait, seriously?" Namjoon looked at me surprised
"Yeah." I thought to myself "It's weird. Why would she be here?"
"I don't know. Maybe she's a new staff or something." Namjoon continued to walk seemingly not so interested anymore

 

Oh.
And I assumed Min Joon sneaked her in.
I guess staff makes more sense.
Still. 
I have this weird feeling that I've seen her before.


 

We got to the car and drove off to our apartment.
Practice was hard. Another choreography to learn.

*sight*


The others stayed behind for more ,as usual. I wanted to work on some stuff so I headed back with Namjoon.
I lifted up my laptop, placing it on the kitchen counter. I opened it up, and with that I continued writing and editing the things I left off.

 

"What do you wanna order?" Namjoon sat beside me
"I told you, I want to go to a Korean Barbeque House." I murmured under my breath ,lost in the screen of my computer
"Jinjja." He chuckled next to me "But I'm hungry now. And the others will finish later. Who knows when again."
"Then just make a sandwich for now." I said

 

He sighted then got up to walk to and open the kitchen cabinet.

"Don't you work too much? You could take it easy for now. We're doing really well. No need to strain yourself continously."
I looked up at him for a second then back to my screen "I like to work."
"But you're always working, don't stress so much. You should find someone and go out more often. Just relax a bit." 

 

He added while pressing the bread on his sandwich base.

 

"Well.." I let go of my mouse "It wouldn't do bad to go out."
He took a big bite munching "Just find someone to date. It's really not a sin. We're human too, you know..*munch munch*"
"I got it, I got it." I closed my laptop "You're making me hungry with all that chewing. Can you make one for me too?"
"What?" His eyes opened "You should have told me that before."
"I got hungry. Just make one for me."
"Jinjja."

We both chuckled at each other.

 

 


YEON'S POV.


 

He said..
"Let's meet tomorrow instead."

 

And here I am again. Standing at the same exit as I did yesterday.
Except now I am prepared with a backpack of water, change of clothes for dance and makeup. 
If I end up needing it. 'Cause who knows what I need!? Min Joon never mentioned what we are doing exactly. So I have to be prepared for everything.

 

*sight*
 

I feel like Min Joon is really understanding my situation. I am starting to trust him that he can get me in. But eventhough he might be able to. Will I make it?
Am I really good enough? I don't think so. I really don't.

I sighted again.


"Ya!"
"Oh."

 

A familiar voice was heard afront of me.
Min Joon was waving at me with the same smile he had yesterday.

 

"Let's go!" 

I qiuckly followed Min Joon ,who was unpetiently walking ahead already.
After a short stop to Paris Baguett for a coffee & sandwitch for two, we walked up to the same building as yesterday.
I looked up at it then sighted, ready to make my first step to my success.

 

We walked up the stairs again, where we met the two members of Bangtan.
My mind started to fill up with the memories of him. I could still feel his strong charisma lingering in the air, as we walked in the same room they walked out of.
The practice room was spacious and..

 

Smelly.
 

My nose was a bit unused to practice rooms and the smell of them.
Gross or not. But you can really tell how hard people have worked here. Dancing until you're drown in sweat is straight up hard work, and knowing that myself I kind of appriciate the smell of this place.
I shouldn't lack either. Work hard Yeon. This is the time to.

 

"So we're going to practice here all day. I kind of sneaked you in so try not to talk to anyone or be seen." Min Joon spoke as he put down his long padding on one of the chairs
"So, I'm not even allowed in here?" I blinked
"Exactly." He smiled "We were lucky yesterday. The members probably thought you were a staff member. So it was okay."
"Oh.. But, why is that? Don't other trainees come here to practice?"
"Yeah, but our company doesn't have girl trainees. They don't accept girls since a scandal they had with their group, Glam."

 

I stood there dumbfounded.
But if there are no girl trainees.. and they don't accept girls anymore either then..
Why am I trying to get in?
If they don't accept girls. Then why am I doing this?
This makes no sense.
Why did he say I fit his company?
What's the point of all of this if there is no chance for me in the first place??

 

Min Joon stopped warming up when he saw my face. With a sight he walked up to me and took my coat. Placing it down on the chair next to his.

 

"I know what you're thinking."

 

I averted my gaze silent.

 

He sighted "I should have told you this beforehand. I'm sorry. But I didn't want to worry you."
"I appriciate your help, but what's the point of me trying to audition if they don't even accept girls? It makes no sense."
"I know, I know.." He walked over placing a hand gently on my back to make me sit down on the chair that was holding my coat, then sitting next to me himself on his "Listen. I'm not supposed talk about this, but.." He gazed

 

I frowned, feeling like I'm gonna be told a secret.
 

"I heared rumors that they're trying to put together a new group right now."
"Yeah, and..?" I didn't give in to that
"Last time I was able to sneak out with the guys and a few other trainees. We got a bit drunk, and before we knew we were talking all kinds of things."

 

Embarrassed, I cleared my throat for a moment.
Drunk..?

 

"Point is. One of the trainees said that his sister is working as a staff here, and that they're debating whether the new group should consist of guys or girls."
"Oh.."
"They're deciding it with this month's private auditions. Some girl trainees were here recently. I saw them. They were probably recommended. If they see how good you are I know they will accept you."
"But the chances of that is extremely thin."
"I can recommend you." He was gazing right at me

I gulped.

"Why are you so kind to me?" I asked quietly "Why would you go this far for me? You don't even know me."
"Because I know what it's like to be in your situation. I've been there. And.."
He pasued.
"I don't know. I just have this weird urge to help you. Can't explain why. But I feel like I have to. And I really want to." He added strongly "And I can, so why not?"

 

I, of course, teared up from his words.

 

"Just do as I say. And everything is going to work out." 

 

I looked up to see his worryless smile again before me.

 

"Thank you." I sobbed qietly
"Don't even mention. Now let's get to work. Comon!"

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~


 

Practice went incredibly well. We both worked hard.
He corrected every single mistake I had. As an experienced trainee he is, I wasn't expecting less of him. 
We have recorded some of it. For later use.

 

But he said..

"You can send these off to other companies. But trust me. One week and you're accepted to mine." 

 

I smiled in bed as I thought of his words. Showered and in my pijamas.
And then I also remembered him saying..

"If not, then I will invite you to an all you can eat buffet."

*chuckles smiling*
Jinjja.

 

I don't know what it is that I am more happy about.
The promise he made..
Or the thought of the mountains of food I might get for free.
If.. I'm gonna get any at all.
I'm trusting him. A stranger. A friend.
Because of him, I finally see the light at the end of this tunnel. , I didn't even know there was actually any end of this tunnel. But there it is.
Even if it doesn't make sense. Why would they chose me over or just next to those perfectly trained girls?

 

I don't know.
 

I have no idea, but this feeling inside of me is just not going away since practice.
 

It feels like...
 

Fate.

 


 

 

SOMEONE'S POV.


 

"Then let's start the meeting." I sat down placing my files on the table
 

The managers bowed greeting me as soon as I entered, then quietly followed my instructions.
 

The person responsible for the auditionees spoke up "Sir. Have you made a decision about it yet?"
"There's no reason for him to get involved with that kind of situation again." Someone of the opposition cut in
"Every aspect of the idea of a girl group is only a stepping stone for our company. It's not just the gender, but to be able to promote overseas would be perfect as these days are international market is growing rapidly."
"I disagree.These are only aussumptions. Therefore it could end up being a massive fail on our side of business. There are too many girl groups to deal with and for a fact of statistics another boy group would be the best choice for the growth of our company."
"I also don't agree with the idea of a foreigner." Another added
"I think a gyopo would do the trick. It's getting more common to debut a group with a beneficial member of mixed nationality, to support the popularity of the group."

 

I watched and listened silently as they argued back and forth. Both parts stating reasonable statistics and ideas.
*pen clicking*

 

It's been a while since we stopped girls from entering. And there was more to it then the media knew about. Of course we had to keep things quiet on our end due to our contracts. Yet the idea of not only a new group, but a girl group was brought up on our last few meetings.
 

I don't know how to feel about it. I haven't decided yet.

 

I sighted as the arguments just carried on without an end.
"I say, let's review the files of the recommended aplicants and make a decision from that." I finally spoke up

 

With all quiet, bowing to my words, the one resposible for the files left his seat to put up a projection for us.

 

After the 10 files have been presented she sat back down.
Sounds of sights and annoyance filled one side of the room, while the other sat silently waiting for my approval.

 

*sight*
 

"After he incident of Glam, even considering the ideas presented about a new girl group, which are reasonable and highly considerable for thinking out of the box."
"Thank you." The idea's originater, Kim Lee Jung, bowed slightly in his seat
"It puts us at a high risk." I gazed

 

He let down his gaze.

 

"That's exactly right, sir." The opposition added
"Yet, this industry is all of risks. We, CEO's risk with most of our decisions we make."
"Oh.." Heads were turning to me taken
"It's been a while since we had another group. So the debut of one will surely happen next year. As for the gender of the group.."

All waited inpetiantly for my answer...

"I decided to.."

Then suddenly the door of our meeting room opened loudly.

 

"I apologize for disturbing." A staff bowed deeply then placed a file on the table "This was left out of the documents, Mr. Kim. I rushed to get it to the meeting, sir. Sorry for disturbing again."
She left the room in a hurry after another apologetic bow.

 

We were stunned.
Looking to our sides and the myterious file.

 

"11 auditionees?"
"I knew of 10."
"It must be a mistake."

Their whispers were still heard.

 

"It must be a mistake ,sir. Let me take care of it." One of them reached for the file
"No need." I grabbed it before him
"Oh.."
"Wasn't there only 10 auditionees this week?" I asked opening the documents
"There was only 10, sir. I was there myself to watch their auditions." 
"So who is this?" I frowed

As I looked closer I could see that she wasn't Korean.

"A Gyopo?" I asked
"Oh, right." Mr. Kim spoke up with a lower tone "That person is also recommended to our company. I came across her audition files and I thought she could be of good potential."
"She doesn't look suitable. Who is she recommended by?"
"Myself. I want to recommend her."

 

I frowned taken by his answer.
Then seeing her data of nationality.

 

"Despite her nationality. I want to recommend her. She is not a trainee and is not a perfect candidate when it comes to skills. But she is something I strongly think this industry needs." He continued, each of his words increasing with volume
"This would put us to a big risk of failure. Do you realise that?" I asked stern this time
  

 

What is he thinking? 
 

How is this a good idea?

"I understand, sir, but please remember Bangtan. They were believed by many of us to not be able to succeed. And statistics were more against them than on their sides, too. Yet, here are they now, breaking world records and making a name in the whole industry. And what was the reason behind that?"
"Luck?" The opposition cut in with an arrogant tone
"Spirit."

 

All quiet down again as they heard my voice.

 

"Exactly." He nodded seemigly sure of his idea "And this girl has a whole lot of that. I know that she could make a great potential for the group. Please consider her." He bowed
"It hasn't even been decided what gender we'll go for this time. Don't rush ahead.."
"It's decided."
"Oh." He stopped in his track "Sir?"

I got up from my seat.

"We're making an attempt with debuting a girl group. Under supervision. We'll decide wheather they are good enough to debut or not later on as they recieve training."
"But sir.."
"Mr. Kim, I want their files on my desk by 2pm, and make sure to send them replies to their audition.  Let's also schedule a meeting about their placements and schedules at lunch." 

I looked back before closing the door behind me. 

 

"They're all accepted."